Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Microsoft Access - Reporting  (Read 2683 times)
Bosey

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 09:24:19 »

Anyone got a good knowledge of MS Access and a spare 20 - 30 minutes to help me out? Got a few reports / queries (Not Poxford Fans) i want to add to my DB but im useless at access?

Thanks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 09:38:44 »

What do you need to know?
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 09:41:16 »

How to add buttons to my reporting page.

How to create multiple quite complex (to me) reports / queries

Then, how to make the buttons run the reports and link to the results ?

Basically im looking for someone with a good understanding to do it for me soapy tit wank
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 09:46:48 »

1. Adding buttons is simple using the control toolbox.

2. There are wizards for creating reports. What do you mean by complex though? Are you just pulling data from the database, or do you need to manipulate it or perform calculations in some way?

3. Create a Macro to run the query and then display the results.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 10:06:43 »

They need to manipulate data and perform calculations, i have about 15 reports i need to create using multiple fields of data, Im going back for another crack at it... wish me luck!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 10:22:31 »

They need to manipulate data and perform calculations, i have about 15 reports i need to create using multiple fields of data, Im going back for another crack at it... wish me luck!

Building the database correctly is an important part of making it work.  If you pm me your email I can take a look to see if there is anything I can do to help... Learning access can be both exhilarating and frustrating but worth the effort - you'll never use excel again....
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 17:13:16 »

*Bump

I have this database working, with reports etc. Thing is I didn't do it so I am no closer to understanding how to add a report.

Problem: Work have asked me to add another report, I don't know how but they kinda think I do 

If anyone can help me get the report done tonight / through the day tommorow via email then there will certainly be a few drinks on offer!!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 17:48:57 »

Get a book - the Microsoft Inside Out series is good for showing you how to do most things.

Worth learning as you can do some cool shit with Access pretty easily once you know how.

Also worth getting the latest version of Access if you can as it gets easier to use with each release.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 18:03:38 »

Like jonny said, read up about it. It's pretty easy to use. Once you've mastered the basics of SQL then you can do some pretty neat stuff with Access.

And next time, perhaps be honest with your employer and don't lie about software packages you can't actually use Wink
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 18:09:32 »

Like jonny said, read up about it. It's pretty easy to use. Once you've mastered the basics of SQL then you can do some pretty neat stuff with Access.

And next time, perhaps be honest with your employer and don't lie about software packages you can't actually use Wink

Am going over a few tutorials now, Reasonably helpful. I can use Access but this just got a little to in depth for me and your right, i probably should have bailed. Too late now though !!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 18:46:10 »

Am going over a few tutorials now, Reasonably helpful. I can use Access but this just got a little to in depth for me and your right, i probably should have bailed. Too late now though !!

If you're fucking about with it and not entirely sure what you're doing, make sure you're not doing it on the only copy of the database you've got. Take a copy and fuck about with that.

There's some good training courses on the Microsoft website and plenty of others if you Google for it;

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CL010074320.aspx?CTT=97
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: