Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wimbledon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23827 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 14:18:28 »

Going to get slated for this but don't get the Esajas love in. I thought, bar the one good shot (in 7), he was awful and generally is, certainly when he plays on the right. Ridiculous obsession with shooting, never plays the simple ball, always cuts in. don't remember him once beating his man and getting the ball in, or offering anything out wide as an actual winger. There was one situation where Connell ran round him, he cut in with the full back and all he had to do was slip Connell in round the side but he instead just tried to wander in to a crowd of defenders before shooting from 782 yards again.

You expect too much, he's not Ryan Giggs
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 14:22:16 »

Two of their throw ins were worth the admission alone.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 14:43:24 »

I couldn't get along to this game, however I've been submitted this match report...

http://thewashbag.com/2011/11/09/jpt-afc-wimbledon-phil-smith-saves-the-day-to-send-swindon-closer-to-wembley/

matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 18:20:42 »

good result, it's nice to have a good run in any cup for once.

On one hand i would obviously love us to win this, but on the other hand i am not particularly interested in visiting that over-priced concrete shithole, in the middle
of a industrial estate, It's far too soon since my last visit.

Off subject but is anyone on here applying for this Saturday's Soccer AM?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 18:48:41 »

On one hand i would obviously love us to win this, but on the other hand i am not particularly interested in visiting that over-priced concrete shithole, in the middle

That's my concern, depending on the opponent the place could be half empty with even worse atmosphere than last time, if thats possible.  The again maybe there wouldnt be as many daytrippers to sit on their hands in total silence.

Wembley is shit and the JPT final should definately be at Villa Park or somewhere similar.
Spencer_White

« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:31:02 »

We might only take 15000 next time, but the atmosphere will be better. Its all about getting tickets in that lower tier. 

The day up to kick off before the play off final at Wembley was fantastic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:34:43 »

Would we still think Wembley was shit had we won? I think so, its a soulless over priced money making machine first, a football stadium second.

One thing they need to do is sort out some sort of ticketing segregation. It sounds gay but I want to stand and sing and want similar people with me. On the other I don't want to be blocking some small kids view or offend them with my football tourettes.

-----
Spence, do you think that excitement was because it was a playoff final, because it was new Wembley or both? For me it was both, but now I've been to Wembley I wouldn't care if we played the next playoff final at OT or Villa Park. I'd imagine not everyone feels the same.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:38:58 by Batch » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:41:39 »

Wembley was a horrible day out from the result and performance to the prices and weather. I wouldn't want to rush back and definitely not for the Tinpot trophy.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:46:38 »

I hate Wembley. I've never experienced a decent atmoshpere there for any sporting event. The prices are ridiculous also, for the tickets themselves and then for anything from the kiosks. I've decided since i went to the NFL the other week that I really don't want to ever go back there for anything.

I also don't see the need for a national stadium anyway.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Spencer_White

« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:50:32 »

-----
Spence, do you think that excitement was because it was a playoff final, because it was new Wembley or both? For me it was both, but now I've been to Wembley I wouldn't care if we played the next playoff final at OT or Villa Park. I'd imagine not everyone feels the same.

Its a shame about the prices. But Wembley is still the best place for a final.

The main thing is winning.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 19:53:41 »

In relation to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and the lower league Play-Off Finals, I believe that they should be played at other venues. There's plenty of adequate stadia in England. All Wembley does for the lower leaguers is house the day trippers, not the exiles but the people who see our final as a spiffing day out.

It was just before my days as an active Swindon fan but I love going a place at Selhurst Park (I know it was a replay, but still) and winning a Final.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2011, 20:38:43 »

good result, it's nice to have a good run in any cup for once.

Off subject but is anyone on here applying for this Saturday's Soccer AM?

A mate of mine is going on Soccer AM on Saturday, but he is not on here.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #222 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 13:24:58 »

You expect too much, he's not Ryan Giggs

Surely I expect very little. Get the ball, Pass the ball, cross the ball? Don't try and shoot for 40 yards as it will not go in (often).
REDBUCK

« Reply #223 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 13:57:20 »

Yes you are. From a Div 4 player, whose not played in weeks, wants to impress so is selfish, who has watched Ritchie do the same thing for the last few weeks and after ignoring the overlaping fullback cuts inside and hits the bar.

Panda Paws

« Reply #224 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:56:16 »

cuts inside and hits the bar.

Once. Most other times he just wasted the ball. The fact he was trying to impress etc means nothing to me. It doesn't change the fact he, in my eyes, had a poor game and didn't use the ball well for someone playing right wing. It might be the reason why he done what he done, but still don't think he played well.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: