Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New FA Cup Kit  (Read 26191 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 19:48:04 »

One said we were demoted back in the 80's.

I'm pretty sure it was 1990 !

Demoted in 1990, after the stories first came out towards the end of '89.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 19:54:03 »

I remember the night they announced we were demoted. I was 8 years old and cried my eyes out.

Had the day off school the next day I was so upset !
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 20:39:45 »

I liked the Leon Knight signing 'If Paolo had signed me, this would have never have happened'
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 21:41:33 »

Having another team wear red at the CG is just wrong. I'm all for money making schemes, but as others have said I don't see why it couldn't have been a different red kit?

Oh well. We'll probably go out first round anyway Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 21:50:51 »

What colour will uddersfield now wear? I agree we should always be in red at home.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:09:52 »

What colour will uddersfield now wear? I agree we should always be in red at home.

red
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:18:55 »

I remember the night they announced we were demoted. I was 8 years old and cried my eyes out.

Had the day off school the next day I was so upset !

I was significantly older, but was angry enough that I took the day off work (as holiday I may add).

The punishment was, and remains, a disgrace.

Ultimately it wasn't the bet that we got relegated for, it was the illegal payments.

As chalkie points out Lionel Smart was the real villain by feeding facts to the media.
If it hadn't been the people it would have been one of the other papers.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:27:23 »

The whole thing is a farce and anyone who forks out for one of these tacky looking shirts is only going to encourage the club into further poorly thought out schemes in the future.  Simple answer is nobody buys the shirt and hopefully the club realise it was a complete waste ofeffort time and don't repeat the exercise next season.  On the other hand they don't seem to have taken on board the strength of feeling following the Wembley shirt debacle.
Dozno9

« Reply #128 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:52:02 »

I am late to this discussion but has anyone contacted the club management about this? I just wondered what they have come back and said.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:54:51 by Dozno9 » Logged
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 22:55:19 »

1. They didn't just "report the facts".  It's a red top.
2. "To be honest I don't know exactly what went on except that they'd been up to something dodgy"  Speaks volumes.

You and countless other Town fans could benefit from a history lesson about our club. 

Yeh maybe, I was a child at the time. I went to Wembley and was there on the march, etc and remember the injustice of it all but obviously didn't fully understand it.

Give me the lesson now then, as far as I know the club got caught out doing something illegal and were made an example of, which is obviously shite but don't see why we are blaming the paper. Yes tabloids are c*nts, but all of them are, so if it wasn't The People it'd be one of the others printing the story.

I do understand not wanting them on the shirt, but at the end of the day it's more money into the club and I doubt anyone at the paper was even around at the time of the "financial irregularities". The colour pisses me off more than the tacky sponsor. Can't see anyone buying the shirt anyway though

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 23:04:42 »

The thing some of our fans seem to be misunderstanding is that due to 'The People' sensationalising, the wrong people (the club and fans) rather than the individuals involved for punished
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 09:01:11 »

The financial irregulaties episode in the club's history could easily do with its own thread.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 20:08:13 »

The financial irregulaties episode in the club's history could easily do with its own thread.
or summed up easily by saying that Lionel Smart was a cunt of the highest order, we got fucked over by the FA who had exactly the same evidence against Spurs and Chelsea and bottled it despite Captain Birdseye who passed judgement on us being Chairman of Chelsea at the time.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 20:12:37 »

Juventus got virtually the same punishment as us 16 years later for more than three years of match fixing. Justice, eh !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 08:42:42 »

In short, we fucked up by following what very other club was doing at the time.

Somehow we made ourselves an easy target to The People by making some misguided bets which then got 'sensationalised' by them reporting the truth (combining all the fucking stupid stuff we were doing at the time).

The FA were cunts by sending out an example warning to all other clubs (thereby giving them chance to close their books).

Chelsea and Spurs ignored the warnings but had the financial clout to challenge the FA (which we didn't)

If The People had exposed Poxford in the same way we'd all be rushing out to buy the FA cup shirt (and don't say you wouldn't)

Summary:We had a board who, regardless of what everyone else doing, broke the law. The People did their job and sold papers on the back of it. The FA used us as an example with an over the top punishment. In 20 years everything's changed apart from the facts. Get over it.

Agree though that we should always play in red at home and at wembley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: