Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth Vs Swindon - Official Match day Thread.  (Read 25621 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #240 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 11:32:14 »

Well just got back from my weekend away, awful poor game but we got a probably just about deserved goal, 1st half we were pretty poor, 2nd half we passed better than them.

Ritche was very poor, was involved in the goal but thats about it, he lost his bottle a bit after he was chopped down in the first half, but hes allowed a poor game every now and again.

We were poor up front 1st half, Jervis and Montano had little service at all and what they did have was hoofed up to them from the back, yet when we played the ball on the floor we were much much better than them.

Flint was awesome and I hope his groin twinge isnt serious as he won every ball in the air, if he can learn to pass the ball the guy will be an international in a few years, so much better than Tozer or Morrisson ever were or even ever could be.

I wish that Flint wasnt the only target for corners and that he didnt stand outside the box and run in, get him in there and in the mix because he will win all the balls played into him.

Foderingham looks excellent, claims crosses and punches well, not bad for a short keeper. Made one fantastic save that looked goal bound from a bullet header from a corner, please can we keep him, good kicking even when he slipped on one goal kick it still reached the half way line.

Plymouth, very poor, no ideas up front, hoofed the ball every time, were dirty and niggly and will struggle big time if they dont pluck up their ideas.

The ref was so inconsitant and missed a lot of bad challenges against us, or maybe he was a homer, his refereeing ruined an already poor game.

Still.....an away win is an away win.

The goal, not much else to add except that it was a fantastic move and finish, excellent goal worthy of winning any game.

Some of our fans make me despair but also some poor stewarding too which acted as kindling, could easily have got worse than it was.

The reaction of De Vita when he scored was warming to the heart, it showed what the win meant for the players, and also the way that every player went over to PdC and not the other way round, and hugged him, Paolo pointed over at the Swindon fans and you could see that he was saying....go on over to them...but they didnt, they made him come over for the adulation of the Town fans, who had a very good turn out, looked like there was aound 1,000 of us there.

Great win, well happy, and the Specials were fucking fantastic yesterday in Plymouth too! great weekend away.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 24, 2011, 11:33:55 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 11:57:41 »

Don't get these people saying the ref was a homer. A couple of decisions went against us, yes, but he also booked their bloke for an accidental handball purely based on the reaction of the away end, and gave us a free-kick up the other end when Caddis threw himself to the floor. I think he also missed a second handball by Kerrouche, although I'd have to see it again to be sure.

He wasn't a homer, he was crap.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #242 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 12:09:59 »

Don't get these people saying the ref was a homer. A couple of decisions went against us, yes, but he also booked their bloke for an accidental handball purely based on the reaction of the away end, and gave us a free-kick up the other end when Caddis threw himself to the floor. I think he also missed a second handball by Kerrouche, although I'd have to see it again to be sure.

He wasn't a homer, he was crap.

My comment about him being a homer was more about what he didnt give to us rather than what he did give to them, but he was an appalling ref and missed much more than he actually gave. Not spotting the foot left in against Ritchie was embarressing, he wasnt fit to ref in th football league at any level.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 12:11:26 »

My comment about him being a homer was more about what he didnt give to us rather than what he did give to them, but he was an appalling ref and missed much more than he actually gave. Not spotting the foot left in against Ritchie was embarressing, he wasnt fit to ref in th football league at any level.
Do you mean the one from the goal kick, where Ritchie tried to bring it down? In fairness, he did go back and book the bloke for that challenge.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #244 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 12:16:12 »

TBH I cant remember which it was but it was early on in the game and left Ritchie hobbling for a while afterwards, it was a goal kick when Foderingham kicked it to Ritchie when everyone was expecting it to go the other side of the pitch.

Really really shit ref anyway! the way he pulled Kerrouche (i think) for pulling on a defender when he was being flattened by him just outside the box, how he didnt give that to us was impossible to understand, but then I guess the linesman didnt spot it either.

I suppose we should expect poor refereeing though being in this division because its a bit like the level of footballing ability.....the better players and refs are doing it at a higher level so the shit sinks.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 13:59:08 »

That is now my new desktop background

Mine too

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 15:07:10 »

Another point about Plymouth not being prepared would be food wise, queued up at half time to find no burgers, hot dogs, pies or any food apart from pasties. Literally hundreds of Swindon fans with crisp bank notes who decided to stick them back in their wallets. I'm sure their administrator would have been thrilled
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 15:10:00 »

I'm sure their administrator would have been thrilled

I'm sure the administrators couldn't give a fuck.  They'll be getting paid handsomely soon enough.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 15:23:16 »

Very true actually.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 16:43:22 »

Have to agree with the comments about some of our supporters, they are retards.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 18:05:13 »

Its a bit Rich though when you go to Plymouth to watch a match and you can't even buy a bleeding pastie.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 18:21:03 »

I got one from a van on the way back from the Brittania to the ground. It was fucking gigantic and I was farting for the best part of 24 hours from Saturday night.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, October 24, 2011, 18:23:26 »

I didnt get any food.in the ground as they had none. The cider was shit too.

On the way home i had large big mac meal, quarter pounder with cheese and 6 mcnuggets.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: