Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Hereford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22339 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:35:45 »

Routine should have been the word of the day. And 2-0 after 45 minutes it was, the only downer being we should have had more with Jervis and Karrouche both guilty.

Hereford scored a lucky one in the second half and we totally lose momentum. That combined with our again exposed Achilles heel of being incompetent at defending  dead balls and we managed to undo what could and should have been 3 points.

Not sure who to be angry at really. Smith and Cibocchi looked to have knocks so had to be subbed. Not sure he took the right forward off either, but that doesn't stop us defending.

On the upside, Ferry's goal was a  quality team goal.

Fuckin' football.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:37:28 »

I've had a bad feeling about this game all week, no idea why.

Hmmm.

Feels like a defeat although that was quite possibly the worst refereing performance I have ever seen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:39:26 »

Hmmm.

Feels like a defeat although that was quite possibly the worst refereing performance I have ever seen.

He wasn't great, but it was a long way from the worst I've seen.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:40:07 »

Maybe because we have won the last 5 out of six without him. Hmmm

Yes McCormack has played well but we've conceded two goals from crosses today some more height in the defence would of help.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:41:00 »

Yes McCormack has played well but we've conceded two goals from crosses today some more height in the defence would of help.

To be fair we've been shit at defending dead balls all season, with or without Flint.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:45:05 »

I feel like I've been kicked 3 times simultaneously in the nuts after those goals today!We played some great stuff again but it's a results business and being 2-0 up we should (emphasis here) have won the game!...The turning point for me was one shot Hereford had after about 60 mins that went into the Stratton Bank, it seemed to shock our back 4, we lost momentum, they gained it and 2-2 we were....did the right thing again getting 3-2 up but didnt do the hard work and see the game out!...I'm so frustrated feels like a loss, but it isn't!ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FML STFC

#VivaKenBarlow!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:45:53 »

"Mama mia, i told them they were a big side and not to give away the silly freekicks"... how about you play your tallest, biggest, and best centre back you fucking moron.

He's testimg my patience, the fucking idiot.

this isn't far off exactly how i feel

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:49:16 »

Well, well, what an absolute throwaway of 2 points.  2-0 up and coasting and then we have a stonewall penalty not given.  Su :Dddenly Hereford seem to sense we've taken our foot off the gas and pull a goal back from a set piece and we're all over the place.  It was inevitable they were then going to equalise, which is exactly what happened.  We then stepped up a gear got back in front and fucked it up again.  Stupid free kick given away by Magera and we're done again by a free kick.

Caddis and Ritchie didn't play particularly well today, but nobody had a really awful game.  Personally I would have left Kerrouche on, but the other subs were forced by injury, so couldn't really be helped.  Abdullah was disappointing and could have cleared the ball instead of faffingaround which cost the second goal.  The long and short was that we failed to put the game to bed, albeit the ref didn't help our cause in the second half.

Somehow it feels as bad as a defeat and on that showing, we won't be turning round our dire away form at Accrington or Plymouth.  Too many continual team changes isn't helping string a decent run together.  No doubt several of the players who started today won't start next game.  And one last thing, is Flint still not fit or just out of favour?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:49:32 »

This feels more like a defeat than a draw.

Today I hate football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:50:38 »

Me too. PDC's player selections are doing my head in. Most of his foreign legion are pants (except Kerrouche). Is Lanzano the worst keeper to ever play for us? I can't remember anyone worse in 25 years of watching Town.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:54:23 »

I can't remember anyone worse in 25 years of watching Town.

Jimmy Glass?

Lanzano certainly races off his line a bit quickly and flaps at the ball.

Most of his foreign legion are pants (except Kerrouche).

I thought Cibocchi did OK today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:56:52 by Batch » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:55:54 »

Rhys Evans Wink
Seņor

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:56:15 »

I cannot believe Lanzano hasn't been mentioned he is truly a awful goalkeeper. He nearly always drops crosses coming towards him. Yes the defending for the goals were shit but they were all savable, with a half decent goalkeeper it would of been comfortable.

Edit: well he has been mentioned now, I would have Rhys Evans with open arms. We always seem to lose while conceding very few shots.... Wonder why?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:58:01 by Seņor » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:57:27 »

Is this the first quiet call on the TEF for a new manager?
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 16:59:48 »

I cannot believe Lanzano hasn't been mentioned he is truly a awful goalkeeper. He nearly always drops crosses coming towards him. Yes the defending for the goals were shit but they were all savable, with a half decent goalkeeper it would of been comfortable.

Lanzano fills fans and players with dread. He's shown himself to be an awful goalkeeper in his 6/7 games so far. Getting a keeper in this week would be a top priority for me if i was manager. Di Canio is the manager though so he's probably dreaming up ways of keeping Flint out of side and Abdulla in it!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: