Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pericard has signed for......  (Read 9302 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 15:07:29 »

Makes me laugh how people seem to think 'money' somehow makes you overcome mental health problems. Dear me..
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 15:11:39 »

Many people wouldn't deem it a worthy excuse for a middle aged factory worker under performing in his job who's wife and kids had left him, has all sorts of money issues, etc. and has some real valid reasons for depression, so how are we supposed to let it be for a bloke who gets paid about £2k a week to kick a football about? That's not to say footballers aren't real people and don't have feelings, real issues...but sometimes it needs to be put in to perspective.

You clearly don't understand what depression is.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 15:11:47 »

Makes me laugh how people seem to think 'money' somehow makes you overcome mental health problems. Dear me..

Clearly not what I said in the slightest.
DMR

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 15:14:30 »

Clearly not what I said in the slightest.

But because he has a cushty job he should be chastised for it. I concur.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 15:31:37 »

wooooooooooooooosh, again, completely missing the point.

The point I was making is he is in a public position, in a job that regulary has outsiders chastise regularly with little sympathy. If he was suffering from depression, he could have done a lot better than some of the stuff he came out in the adver which was almost pointing the finger back in the direction of the fans. Just created more aggro for him and put him in a worse position. He was either very poorly advised or he is just a complete fuckwit.
iffy

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 16:25:50 »

He doesn't blame anyone for anything in that interview.....

But he does. It's the agents fault, it's the clubs fault, it's the manager. The reason he goes to prison was a 'mistake' but 'he was badly advised'. The implication is that the prison sentence was more about the advice than the mistake.

He was let down 'by circumstance'. When Billy and Charlie were playing well 'he had no chance'. He struggled with the fans, who didn't understand him.

He never says "I should have done x" or "I didn't do enough about y" or "I failed at z".

We all fail. It's how we deal with it that reveals character.

But on the mental health side, one of the things about depression is the lack of control you feel - no matter how much you earn or appear to be successful. One of the tools of dealing with it is recognising that some things are out of your control and some things aren't. For those things that are controllable, you need to step up and take responsibility.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 16:27:59 by iffy » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 16:41:42 »

I couldn't give a fuck about Pericard now to be quite honest. He's history.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 17:50:24 »

wooooooooooooooosh, again, completely missing the point.

The point I was making is he is in a public position, in a job that regulary has outsiders chastise regularly with little sympathy. If he was suffering from depression, he could have done a lot better than some of the stuff he came out in the adver which was almost pointing the finger back in the direction of the fans. Just created more aggro for him and put him in a worse position. He was either very poorly advised or he is just a complete fuckwit.

You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

You can't use the phrases "suffering from depression" and "could have done a lot better" in the same sentence.

You really don't understand what it is and the effect it has on people.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 18:17:54 »

I couldn't give a fuck about Pericard now to be quite honest. He's history.
Agreed.

Total sympathy for anyone who suffers with mental health problems but frankly Pericard was a major part of our annus horribilis and he's now irrelevant.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 19:38:34 »

You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

You can't use the phrases "suffering from depression" and "could have done a lot better" in the same sentence.

You really don't understand what it is and the effect it has on people.

So I can't point out that his actions didn't help himself then? I understand it perfectly fine, I just don't share your view point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 19:56:32 »

Proper depression consumes your life to a point of not being able to function, and you can't just "cheer the **** up".

Hope he's in a better place now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 20:15:05 »

I've always been a miserable depressive negative cunt as most of you lot like to point out on a regular basis.

Didnt stop me being able to run or control a football.

In truth when I was at my lowest point playing football was the best thing for me - because for an hour or 90 minutes I was concentrating on the game and not on how shit I was feeling. I guess that would be different if it was your job and not a hobby.

Unless he's been depressed since 2005 then he's still a shit footballer depressed or not.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 20:20:57 »

I would hate anyone to think I was trivialising Pericard's problems, but the CG was packed with people suffering depression when he played.

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 22:21:50 »

Hope he's in a better place now.

Havants OK I think
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 22:22:21 »

Didnt stop me being able to run or control a football.

In truth when I was at my lowest point playing football was the best thing for me - because for an hour or 90 minutes I was concentrating on the game and not on how shit I was feeling. I guess that would be different if it was your job and not a hobby.

Yeah but you weren't playing in front of thousands of people just wishing for you to fuck up.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: