Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pericard has signed for......  (Read 9303 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 07:17:40 »

Apparently he's playing for nowt at H&W. Came on as sub on Saturday. Didn't score....

.... Hmmm
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 14:28:47 »

I was once told by some old guy in the Arkell's stand that I knew nothing about football after I shouted something about how bad Pericard was (think it was the play off season as well). I still think about that moment and wonder why did I back down to that guy at the time...I wonder if he still feels he could do a job for the town now.

A friend of mine who is a Stoke fan warned me he is the worst player he's ever watched prior to us signing him. He must of been really good in training or something to get a chance at the clubs he did play for.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 14:50:42 »

A friend of mine who is a Stoke fan warned me he is the worst player he's ever watched prior to us signing him. He must of been really good in training or something to get a chance at the clubs he did play for.

It makes you think how many town players down the years have been dire but has still managed to get near the first team (some even under countless managers!), they must be shit hot in training. AOB, Pook etc
phelpsieboy

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 17:48:36 »

Hes been living off the ex Juventus tag he was given for all these years.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 19:34:31 »

He wasn't bad on the pitch, it was his fitness that let him down. I'm sure he had the tag on the team dressing room wall to be more of a pro.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 08:20:23 »

Today on The Washbag; Nick Judd talks exclusively to former Swindon Town striker Vincent Pericard about the stresses of life as a professional footballer away from home, his time at the County Ground and how he's rebuilding his career at Havant & Waterlooville

http://thewashbag.com/

Vincent will also be available to answer your questions on the article via Twitter https://twitter.com/EpmClub

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 08:38:46 »

Is it bad that I still read any Pericard words in that voice from the Xtranormal video a Carlisle fan did?
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 21:19:24 »

Doesn't do himself any favours in that interview. Does he honestly expect people to feel sorry for him? He says he had mental problems and asked the manager to leave him out but he wouldn't. Fans didn't appreciate how hard it is for foreign players to settle in (didn't he come down from Carlisle!).
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 21:28:03 »

I feel so sorry the foreign players who are dragged & forced to go to england to play for such pitiful wages..oh wait

I come from a land down-under
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 21:28:37 »

Yeah, he's a footballer not a human being. Fuck him and his 'feelings'

Things get better but they never get good
iffy

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 13:50:07 »

Good interview. Mental health issues or otherwise, he doesn't take any responsibility for the things that have happened to him. It's everyone's fault but his.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 13:52:55 »

Good interview. Mental health issues or otherwise, he doesn't take any responsibility for the things that have happened to him. It's everyone's fault but his.

Exactly, it's always pushing the blame to everyone else. There was always an element who disliked Pericard, but even while he was here it seemed to increase tenfold every time he opened his mouth.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 14:30:47 »

Think you're all reading between the lines and coming up with something that isn't there.

He doesn't blame anyone for anything in that interview and he admits the mistake that led him to prison. He doesn't even mention the abuse he got from certain sections of the Swindon fans, which would have been a valid point for him to make.

Give the bloke a break. His career has turned to shit and he's trying to turn things round. I wish him luck with it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 14:45:45 »

Does he honestly expect people to feel sorry for him?

People should, depression is fucking horrible thing to suffer from. I've seen it ruin the lives of 2 people so anyone suffering from it has my full sympathy and then some.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 14:58:36 »

Think you're all reading between the lines and coming up with something that isn't there.

I was referring more to the articles that came out in the adver while he was here. I think the penny might be starting to drop by the time of this article that he has to shoulder at least some of the blame himself for a career that has dropped from Juventus to H&W, but he still stops just short of actually admitting part of the blame.

I'm sure depression is a real thing and not nice at all, but if intended or not, it still comes across as a bit of an excuse. Your average man on the street finds it hard to feel sorry for a professional football underperforming, turning round and blaming depression, especially when you consider the salary someone like Pericard was on.

Many people wouldn't deem it a worthy excuse for a middle aged factory worker under performing in his job who's wife and kids had left him, has all sorts of money issues, etc. and has some real valid reasons for depression, so how are we supposed to let it be for a bloke who gets paid about £2k a week to kick a football about? That's not to say footballers aren't real people and don't have feelings, real issues...but sometimes it needs to be put in to perspective.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: