Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Firefox 7  (Read 2588 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:03:31 »

For anyone who's interested.

http://download02.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/7.0/win32/en-GB/Firefox%20Setup%207.0.exe

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:11:23 »

Stopped using Firefox ages ago after it became bloaty and sloooooooooooooooow.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:17:59 »

Still using it, just used your link to switch to 7.0 sippo, but no apparent differences so far?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:18:59 »

Aha, found some info:

The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:

Drastically improved memory use
        Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
        Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync

Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
        Added support for the Web Timing specification

Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox. This can be enabled by installing an add-on
    Fixed several stability issues
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:20:00 »

So basically its the same apart from the first bit. The text on this forum looks a bit clearer too.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:23:50 »

i don't know if it was just my laptop, but firefox 6 was buggy as shit for me.

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:24:01 »

Vastly improved memory usage (up to 50% better) and increased speed
    Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
    Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
    Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
    Added support for the Web Timing specification
    Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox. This can be enabled by installing an add-on
    Fixed several stability issues

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:38:41 »

I love Firefox and as long as you disable the crap add ons its not half as bloaty as it used to be, still has excess memory/leakage issues though, I look forward to trying this one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:54:40 »

I hate all browsers. I loved FF, but then got annoyed with it's bloat. I then moved to Iron/Chromium, but it didn't have support for anything I use in a way that I found anything other than irritating. Opera is superb, but doesn't support 1password on any level. Safari then became my browser of choice, by default, until it went TOTALLY FUCKING SHIT, slow and pointless with its 5.1+ update.

I now browse with annoyance thanks to bad 1password support across all browsers (apart from FF) and having binned Evernote after getting fed up due to constant browser updates.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 11:01:27 »

I hate all browsers. I loved FF, but then got annoyed with it's bloat. I then moved to Iron/Chromium, but it didn't have support for anything I use in a way that I found anything other than irritating. Opera is superb, but doesn't support 1password on any level. Safari then became my browser of choice, by default, until it went TOTALLY FUCKING SHIT, slow and pointless with its 5.1+ update.

I now browse with annoyance thanks to bad 1password support across all browsers (apart from FF) and having binned Evernote after getting fed up due to constant browser updates.

You having a bad day mate? seems a fair amount of anger in there! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 11:54:13 »

You having a bad day mate? seems a fair amount of anger in there! Cheesy

I like to think of it as succinct honesty. Cheesy I'm actually trying to roll back OSX (at this moment) so I can have browsers work the way I like and it's consuming more time than I'd like!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: