Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Barnet official matchday thread  (Read 23758 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:56:18 »

Would be interesting to know if playing fridays does bring in bigger gates than a Saturday fixture. I noticed Rovers and Rotherham is also a Friday night fixture so can't imagine that attendance being any bigger either.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 21:12:57 »

How long will it take to get up to Macclesfield Friday from Swindon, I can't leave until after 3 pm. Thanks in advance.

M5/M6 on a Friday? You'll be cutting it very fine.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 21:22:39 »

I felt a bit flat throughout yesterday...

That might have something to do with me landing on you followed by Eddie.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 21:31:39 »

Thanks Samdy, that's what I was worried about but wasn't sure just how busy it gets. If it's going to be that much of a close call I'll not take the chance.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 22:16:43 »

3 hours from swindon on a clear run.  Friday on the M6 is generally not a clear run.  As Samdy says, it could be tight and go all wrong.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 08:17:15 »

Their keeper was Brill.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 08:42:15 »

M5/M6 on a Friday? You'll be cutting it very fine.

Mixing of local traffic and long distance traffic flows never works.  One of the worst junctions in the country.  I do have an environmental conscience but, where omissions in the network are as glaring as this, you have to do something.  Build the Western Orbital Motorway!

No chance of this happening before Friday, though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #202 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 09:35:02 »

My daughter not attending is the reason we won. She's been to two home games this season - Scum and Soton. She has a 100% away record - Slave Traders. The next home game she is attending is the Pikeys.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #203 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 09:44:00 »

Their keeper was Brill.
  No Cheesy

Just watched the highlights, some fantastic goals there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 09:50:26 »

Barnet were the worst team I have seen play at the CG for a long long time, even worse than the non-league sides we've faced in the cup. But I suppose you can only beat what is in front of you and we certainly did that, very comfortably. For one reason or another, that was my first game of the season (apart from Rotherham on the box which doesn't really count) and I have to admit I was quite impressed. Ritchie was head and shoulders above everyone else, and apart from a few dodgy moments from Comazzi at the back, everyone else did alright. Got the feeling that we had another gear or 2 to go into as well if needed.

So what exactly happened at half time ? I rushed off to get in the queue for food/drink and by the time I came back up, both teams were on the pitch. Did notice Sanchez sulking the entire game in the dugout, and then one of their players came back on to the pitch at full time all on his own and sat down sulking. Really cant see anything good happening to Barnet this season, seem to be a club in a bit of a mess
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 09:51:13 »

My daughter not attending is the reason we won. She's been to two home games this season - Scum and Soton. She has a 100% away record - Slave Traders. The next home game she is attending is the Pikeys.

I'm glad i'm on holiday then, a nailed on defeat.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 10:44:58 »

Our match report on Swindon v Barnet: http://thewashbag.com/2011/09/26/swindon-4-barnet-0-can-we-play-you-every-week/

lambourn red

« Reply #207 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 11:34:31 »

Thanks Samdy, that's what I was worried about but wasn't sure just how busy it gets. If it's going to be that much of a close call I'll not take the chance.

I did the reverse journey for about 9 months working in Manchester and I would say you would be lucky to do it in 5 hours leaving at 3pm sorry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 12:17:45 »

Indeed,

[reg mode]
Used to see a bird who lived in Chester,
[/Reg mode]

I was working in a company down here that allowed us to leave early on a Friday. M5/M6 is an absolute pig of a journey. You'd need to be extremely lucky to make it leaving that late - do ya feel lucky, punk?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, September 26, 2011, 14:18:43 »

Took us fooking hours to get to Chester for that friday night game in League Two.

Probably just shy of 6!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: