Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32671 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 13:07:16 »

Sorted. Smith's goal, very nice, the TE had a very good view
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 13:10:46 »

Sorted. Smith's goal, very nice, the TE had a very good view

indeed, people around us were screaming for a pen, i said it was never a pen, it fell to smith and it was one of those you could see it was open for him so i scread FINISH IT, which of course he did clinically
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 14:03:58 »

Anyone watched the interview with Sturrock on Player ?? He's sweating heavily and slurring his words slightly. Doesn't look a well man.
Muffin Man

« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 14:23:04 »

Brilliant goal by Smith, top top quality finish.

In the highlights the lad Izak Reid at Morecambe looks so lightening fast like Alan O'Brien but with a good delivery on him, hes one to watch.

Sturrock I think is not that well, didn't he have a bit of an alcohol problem? or so I seem to remember someone saying.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 14:28:08 »

Well Parkinsons disease does that to you.

Never knowingly overstated.
Spencer_White

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 14:42:24 »

I think he was very pissed off that his old club had brushed Southend aside.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 14:59:48 »

Well Parkinsons disease does that to you.

Yeah I know. I wasn't implying he was drunk.

It's very sad to see him like that.
REDBUCK

« Reply #262 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 09:34:50 »

this is how I translated it.

Flint was injured with some bone problem - that apparently is long term and has always been there but its the first Di Canio has heard of it? or its been bugging Flint but he's been playing through it for a month.

I think Paolo was annoyed at the orginal medical report that Flint had a Bone problem and the subsequent treatment, rest, had only resulted in the Hip and groin injury's. The latest scan unearthed a back problem, trapped nerve sort of thing that needed manipulation rather than rest.

Flint should have been in the physo room rather than his bed.
So, Flint has spent the last 5 days in bed resting, or not at training anyway but said he was good to play today.

Di Canio wont play players who dont work for 5 days then declare themselves fit.

Even if you've got a broken leg you turn up to training, you dont train your legs obviously but you do something else - you keep going. That not his opinion but that of experts.

I think...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 09:40:25 »

Coverage on League show was shite...

Thats all....

Clems Army!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 09:49:00 »

One thing that occurred to me yesterday was that even including the Oxford game - where although we lost I think we played pretty well - our home form has been excellent and would have us up near the top of the table.

Need to try and get something from these two away games this week to give the side the confidence they can do it on the road as well, and things will for me at least be looking much more promising than just a couple of weeks ago.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:06:37 »

Was a bit disappointed with the attendance on Saturday, it was 500 up on the Rotherham game but almost 1,500 down from our opener against Crewe. Was expecting the live sky game to be down but thought it would of been back up around the 7,500 Mark. Our home form has been good with some nice football being played so does that mean unless we are up in the top six we should expect less than 7,000 most home games ? I know the match day prices are high but do you think the club would of expected bigger attendances and if so will they drop prices to achieve the numbers they have in mind ?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:13:05 »

Was a bit disappointed with the attendance on Saturday, it was 500 up on the Rotherham game but almost 1,500 down from our opener against Crewe. Was expecting the live sky game to be down but thought it would of been back up around the 7,500 Mark. Our home form has been good with some nice football being played so does that mean unless we are up in the top six we should expect less than 7,000 most home games ? I know the match day prices are high but do you think the club would of expected bigger attendances and if so will they drop prices to achieve the numbers they have in mind ?

If part of raising prices was to up the predicted figures so that they could get away with a bigger wage bill under the cap thing leauge 2, then are they allowed to lower it?

Is that even how the wage bill cap works?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:20:03 »

To put this in to perspective, we beat the attendances of most League 1 clubs.  Comfortably.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:43:12 »

My thoughts on the game -

Apart from a couple of occasions where Sarfend hit the bar and Lanzano made a good save (which was from our inability to defend properly, which is still a concern), it was a comfortable win over a poor side (missing key players clearly)

Lanzano - still undecided. He made one top class save to tip the ball around the post but his wandering outside the box is going to get him in trouble, I get the feeling that he is going to come and flap for a lot.
Kennedy - Works hard up and down the left hand side but for me doesn't have the same quality as we have on the right. When he gets it right he can put in a lovely cross. Didn't happen enough. Worked hard.
Devera - Much better performance. Grew as the game went on and his performance was encouraging and an improvement on the last time i saw him
Caddis - I like Caddis. His workrate up and down the pitch is excellent and some of his play with Ritchie is tremedous. Did waste a few crosses but he shows good desire and I thought he played well.
Ferry - Goes about his business quietly in the centre of midfield. Thought he played well and some of the triangle stuff with Caddis and Ritchie down the right was a joy to watch
Ritchie - A class act. Southend couldn't get close to him and he was excellent. His interplay with Caddis is a real plus.
McCormack - Superb at the heart of defence. Never felt worried when Southend went forward. Probably my MOM
Risser - not on long enough to form an opinion. Hopefully he comes back strongly after injury
Connell - Ran about a lot, worked hard but didn't really do that much for me.
De Vita - Did ok however he's wasted on the left wing. Drifted inside a lot and meant that the left side couldn't be exploited when the quick break was on. Would have liked him to 'hug the touchline' a bit more.
Kerrouche - An enigma. Works bloody hard and at times looks unplayable. Tends to go down a little easy sometimes for my liking but wins a lot of free kicks and tormented Southend at times. Fast becoming a fans favourite.

Subs - Abdulla - Did ok, nothing startling. Still young and learning the game and an able replacement for Ferry/McCormack
Smith - Was susprised he got MOM. He wasn't anything special (unlike his goal), didn't do anything wrong.
Storey - Seems a fast player and runs like Charlie Austin. Not on long enough to form an opinion but good to give the youngsters and opportunity.

So overall, 3 good points. Southend were murder and didn't pose much of a threat. My only 2 criticism would be that we still look dodgy at the back at times (especially on crosses) and I think our left hand side isn't being utilised as well as it could be. At the moment the right hand side is way stronger than the left and this seems unbalanced. If we can get a left winger (Gabilondo, Esajas) working well with Kennedy (or Cibocchi) as well as Caddis and Ritchie work together, we could reak havoc at home.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:45:31 »

It's still 6,500+ home fans,  which seems pretty bloody good to me, especially as it's the third home game in a short space of time.

Lets see if the price reduction for Barnet brings in any more, although I suspect the next two results will have more bearing on the attendance.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: