Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton play-offs  (Read 7886 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 08:58:16 »

I have tried very hard to forget that night. 

Same, i watched it in our local pub in Oxon.

I remember going mental when we scored, then it all went to shit when Virgo scored, i knew that was it then.

When the penalties finished i remember sitting there numb. Horrible.
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 09:21:22 »

I remember walking out of the Withdean in a complete daze.  It was one of the few times where I genuinely couldn't believe what had happened.
Keroooosh

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 09:30:11 »

Couldnt get tickets for this game because of their shit 'stadium', was gutted!
Remember watching it in the pub and it just going silent when brighton won the shootout, quietest I have ever heard a pub go.

Then a massive rush to the bar in order to get  Pint

Ended up in Oxford with about 20 other town fans, was a fun night Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 11:34:56 »

The day went like this

Spend morning on phone day before. Got one of the last tickets.
Decided to drive on the day Basingstoke->Swindon (pick up ticker)->some station near Brighton.
Car undertray falls half off on motorway. Wait for RAC to detach it.
Park up at station, get train to Brighton.
Watch game, get very wet. Elated we are winning. Then the inevitable happens and I'm gutted.
Get angry at wanker contingent of Brighton fans.
See half Hartlepool-half Swindon man on way back to station. Think he's had a worse time as City beat pools the day before.
Pick up car, avoid Brighton fans.
Drive home knackered and flat.
Find out those who asked for their (last minute purchase) tickets to be sent on the coach never arrived. Not sure if I am glad or sad I drove to get mine.

Which is why I made sure I partied like it was 1999 all the way from the penalty win at Charlton to the first kick at Wembley.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 12:06:20 »

Went from an amazing night to a complete nightmare, one of the worst nights I've ever had.
Thats what made Charlton in the playoffs so much sweeter and why I went absolutely bananas. Thats football eh, the lows are so frequently it makes the highs amazing. In turn thats why I love  Swindon & could  never follow a 'top' team.

I come from a land down-under
Doore

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 12:11:00 »

Went from an amazing night to a complete nightmare, one of the worst nights I've ever had.
Thats what made Charlton in the playoffs so much sweeter and why I went absolutely bananas. Thats football eh, the lows are so frequently it makes the highs amazing. In turn thats why I love  Swindon & could  never follow a 'top' team.

I couldn't get to the Charlton 2nd leg - watched it in a neary-empty pub in my small North Shropshire town.  Only other person watching was a Leeds fan - and an extremely nice one at that.  He watched with me and seemed genuinely pleased for me when Darby scored his penalty.  Clearly no match for being there but I was on top of the world for a long time after that - until Wembley, in fact.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 12:12:43 »

I was at work the charlton away game. Working with a charlton fan too, he was none too pleased when i jumped up and ran round the fire station

Then we got called out
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 20:21:23 »

Quote from: Billy Shears on Today at 08:52:15

Same, i watched it in our local pub in Oxon.

I remember going mental when we scored, then it all went to shit when Virgo scored, i knew that was it then.

When the penalties finished i remember sitting there numb. Horrible.

I watched it in a pub in Cheltenham (Taylor's) and was the only one there proudly wearing my Swindon shirt (from what I can remember). My vociferous and enthusiastic support got a few of the neutrals watching more interested in the game and they started cheering on Swindon with me. Was over the moon until "that" equaliser.

Like others on here - I felt utterly dumbstruck to have lost. I just remember sitting at the table just wanting to be any where else. Still, people from around the pub were coming over and patting me on the back and chatting - generally being very nice about it all - but sympathy from strangers is not really what you want at that time!

To top it all, I came out the pub to walk home and bumped in to 2 Brighton fans coming the other way. Cosmic.

Jonah

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 20:25:13 »

I can remember Fallon screaming YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS even before his shot hit the net....and i can remember thinking Reeves had jumped to early,two secs before Virgo equalised.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 20:42:36 »

Don't remember the first leg at all, think I was working a night shift so missed most of it despite going to most of the home games and about half a dozen away that season.

As for the away leg, I was stuck in what I seem to recall being called the Lemon Tree on Fleet St. Good crowd in there and quite a few faces from the TE who couldn't get tickets/ were banned etc. Gutted and extremely pissed afyer the game, went to that bar around corner, can't remember the name, used to have 80's acts doing celeb appearances every now and then. Ended up arguing with a doorman and rolling around on the floor with the tattooed cunt for 20 mins before we both called it quits and then I walked into Edwards (where I was a welcome regular) only to be confrontd by a doorman who was 4'10 and told me to fuck off.

I gave up and went home after I smacked the midget cunt.

Shit memories, shit night.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 20:47:49 »

For me the defeat at Bolton in the LC semi final was the worst feeling watching the Town,3-1 up on aggregate going into the last 30 mins...........a date with Liverpool in the final was the prize snatched away.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 21:09:03 »

For me the defeat at Bolton in the LC semi final was the worst feeling watching the Town,3-1 up on aggregate going into the last 30 mins...........a date with Liverpool in the final was the prize snatched away.

My cousin hyperventilated half we through the match & we missed the rest sat in the first aid hut!!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 21:10:53 »

That was a low point indeed.  I remember the atmoshpere was excellent  and they put us in the side stand, instead of the usual behind the goal next to Sainsburies (or whatever that supermarket was)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 21:32:49 »

Working at Butlins in Minehead when that game took place (lied about my age) with a shed full of Liverpool fans. They were gutted we didn't make it, easy win they thought, probably right

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 9, 2011, 01:16:48 »

That was a low point indeed.  I remember the atmoshpere was excellent  and they put us in the side stand, instead of the usual behind the goal next to Sainsburies (or whatever that supermarket was)

I was there, we were in the corner terracing next to the floodlight! Mixu pateleinen (sp) scored a screamer  Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: