Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton play-offs  (Read 7989 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:19:40 »

cast your minds back to 2004, can anyone remind me how the penalty shoot out went down? gurney missed the key kick?

I was there but can't remember?!
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:21:02 »

Didn't Mooney miss as well?
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:24:12 »

Parkin, Heywood and Fallon scored, Mooneys was saved (brilliantly) and Gurney thumped it against the post
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:24:27 »

Lost 4-3 on pens, Gurney and Mooney the offenders iirc.

Mooney's was saved, Gurney's hit the post.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:25:22 »

Incidentally, despite the result, will always be my favourite STFC game, fuck me we did ourselves proud that night
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:28:32 »

7 years ago???! No way??!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:37:43 »

I remember getting very wet.

Hope that helps.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 10:40:10 »

What I can remember:
- the bloody awful weather
- thinking we were out of luck & we'd never scored (then Parkin scores people go crazy)
- time stopped for an eternity as Fallons shot looped in...then people went crazier
- getting onto the silent, gutted bus at the end of the game, and falling straight asleep

Can't remember the shootout at all

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:13:44 »

the main thing that sticks in my mind - is the fact that with 5 minutes to go in extra time loads of their fans started leaving, then they heard the roar to celebrate Virgos goal (who for the record I fucking hate with a passion) and they all ran back in.

Then, when  they'd won on penalties the large majority of their fans were more interested in standing infront of our fans, giving us stick and the wanker signs than celebrating their win or congratulating there players.

Thus, why I hate Brighton have no respect for their fans or them as a club and wish them nothing but bad luck - which makes them being a bit good and doing well so fucking annoying.

That year we won at their place (after being behind no less) and they looked like going down was great, then they pulled off the great escape.

No club I hate more.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:27:52 »

...None?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:38:53 »

apologies for opening up old wounds, by the way!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:41:00 »

Thus, why I hate Brighton have no respect for their fans or them as a club and wish them nothing but bad luck - which makes them being a bit good and doing well so fucking annoying.

Try living here.

Try having a housemate whose boyfriend is a massive Brighton fan (In his defence he is a proper fan but it doesn't make it any easier).

Even worse, try having a boss who used to be a Chelsea 'fan' when Brighton were shit and is now a massive Brighton 'fan' now that they have a new stadium and are doing well. It makes me sick.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Dozno9

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:47:52 »

McGhee came out afterwards IIRC and said they were "battered" over the two legs and we deserved to go through, liked him a bit more after that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 11:50:10 »

Try living here.

Try having a housemate whose boyfriend is a massive Brighton fan (In his defence he is a proper fan but it doesn't make it any easier).

Even worse, try having a boss who used to be a Chelsea 'fan' when Brighton were shit and is now a massive Brighton 'fan' now that they have a new stadium and are doing well. It makes me sick.

Our day will come.  Keep believing.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 12:03:55 »

That was the night I broke into the ground via the unguarded mound before hysterically celebrating Parkin's goal and goading the Brighton fans.  Cue about four thousand stewards running towards me...  I tried explaining my dad worked for Sky Sports (there were trucks on the banks) and they angrily asked me for my dad's name.

"Errrr.... Brian?"

I got marched round the running track and booted out.  Watched the remaining game through a gap in the fence.  120 mins gone and the Brighton fans were leaving.  Virgo scores and I run back in and stand in the Brighton end to watch that fateful penalty shoot out.

One of the best (and cheapest) nights out at the football I've ever had!

I hadn't got a ticket as box office had messed up.  Got a free VIP ticket for the Swindon 3 - 3 Torquay game the following year, where Torquay came back from three goals down....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: