Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191516 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4575 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:30:51 »

5 episodes into Your honour. It's very good indeed. Hoping it maintains the high quality until the end(10 episodes)

We haven't got that far yet, but so far so good.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4576 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 20:38:13 »

Ep 1 for me. It's heavy going but love it so far.

Love Island Australia to lighten the mood.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4577 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 21:08:48 »

Weve just watched episode one of Your Honour as well. High hopes for it
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4578 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:10:27 »

Finished it last night - decent if you ignore the massive holes in the plot

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4579 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:11:48 »

Not really sure if this goes on TV or Films but i watched a WWE (WWF) documentary called Beyond the Mat. It was release 20+ years ago so right when i was a huge Wrestling nut and I knew about the documentary but just never got around to watching it.

Back then 90's and early 00's, there was no social media, so the personal lives of wrestlers were virtually unknown. To the 10 year old me, who they were in the ring was who they were in real life. We didn't know their real names, we didn't know their family or their friends and that's what made it "real".

This documentary was really the first behind the scenes look at the WWE following the likes of Vince McMahon but focusing predominantly on 3 wrestlers. Jake the Snake Roberts, Mick Foley and Terry Funk.
Every kid heard the "wrestling is fake" speech growing up and yes, its no secret that the moves and conclusion of matched and planned and pre-determined, the punches and kicks and not full blown, but i've never been under any illusion that the injuries and damage these guys take to their bodies is life changing. After all, how can you "fake" falling/jumping 20,30,40 ft onto your back. Yes, you can train how to do this as safely as possible (bumps) but its still dangerous.

Anyway, that aside, what really hit me with this is not the affect it has on ones body, i already knew this but the affect it has on someone's family life.
Wrestlers were working 7 days a week, sometimes month on end, flying state to state and eventually this would take it toll, Jake the snake Roberts went on to say how he would have to take sleeping pills with alcohol to go to sleep, and then take cocaine before a match to wake him up and give him that buzz to put on a show. It just just a vicious cycle which took him from WWF super stardom to wrestling in someone's back yard for $25 and some coke to 50 people.

With Mick Foley, he had a more settled life. Behind his many personas, he was a well educated, down to earth guy with a wife and two young children. But try telling a 6 year old that when daddy comes home with a 3 inch gash in his for head or multiple broken bones that the man who did it isn't really hurting daddy. There was one scene where his wife and kids were at one of his biggest shows. A match against The Rock where the rock would proceed to hit Foley around the head with about 6-8 chair shots leaving him downed in blood, all the while the cameras were focused on his family literally in tears to the extent where they had to leave, whilst 60,000 other people were cheering and begging for more.

I think i've let my innter bamboo out here but anyways, for something that is considered "fake", a lot of people don't really understand the sacrifices to their bodies and personal lives wrestlers have to make for the sake of entertainment.

Its currently on Netflix and well worth a watch.

Watched this on a bootleg video in about 99/00.
The match is the I Quit match from Royal Rumble 99.

Foley’s eldest daughter Noelle is absolutely stunning now.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #4580 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 11:48:24 »

5 episodes into Your honour. It's very good indeed. Hoping it maintains the high quality until the end(10 episodes)

We finished watching this yesterday, it was pretty good. Pity the son is such a dick.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night

Ignore
« Reply #4581 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 14:50:32 »

Finished Your Honor. I thought it was superb.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4582 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 15:41:46 »

Finished Your Honor. I thought it was superb.

Does it speed up a bit, think we are four in and its a big bloody pondering and slow.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #4583 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 15:46:03 »

Does it speed up a bit, think we are four in and its a big bloody pondering and slow.

Yep - second half speeds up

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4584 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 15:52:08 »

Yep - second half speeds up

Thought you were ignoring me...  Wink Cheesy

Ta, we will persevere then!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #4585 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 15:54:13 »

Thought you were ignoring me...  Wink Cheesy

Ta, we will persevere then!

I have it set to ignore you only when you are being a tedius bastard Cheesy

Definitely worth sticking with

Ignore
« Reply #4586 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 17:18:51 »

I thought it rolled along well from the start. I like the ending too which often isn't the case I find with these things.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #4587 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:11:42 »

Got into the bold type on netflix. very good.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4588 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 19:36:18 »

Godless on Netflix. It's brilliant.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #4589 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 20:23:25 »

Enjoying White House Farm atm. It’s a good 80s murder mystery based on real life events (ish)
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: