Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191597 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4560 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 12:48:01 »

Got round to starting on Ozark at the weekend, why the fuck did I wait so long!

Love it
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4561 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 13:03:21 »

Got round to starting on Ozark at the weekend, why the fuck did I wait so long!

Love it
I loved the first series, the 2nd series was a tough watch for me though and I gave up after about 5 episodes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4562 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 14:12:47 »

We got sky installed today. Any box sets worth watching? Already have Chernobyl and Billions on the list.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #4563 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 14:51:45 »

We got sky installed today. Any box sets worth watching? Already have Chernobyl and Billions on the list.

Big little lies is decent. If you've not already seen the sopranos then make it a priority.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4564 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 15:46:03 »

I watched the Disappearance at the Cecil Hotel on Netflix over the weekend, it was really good in the way it was made.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4565 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 15:49:50 »

Big little lies is decent. If you've not already seen the sopranos then make it a priority.

Ah yes, I haven't actually seen Sopranos and I have been wanting to watch this, cheers for the reminder!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4566 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 14:02:15 »

I watched the Disappearance at the Cecil Hotel on Netflix over the weekend, it was really good in the way it was made.

Really enjoyed the first 2 eps then the 3rd ep when the foil hat brigade were out in force it ruined it for me.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 18:29:20 by Chubbs » Logged
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4567 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 15:52:55 »

Really enjoyed the first 2 eps then the 3rd ep when then foil had brigade were out in force it ruined it for me.
it is worth watching the last episode as it really throws a spanner in the works to all the other episodes, but i do agree that the 3rd one was a bit weird.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4568 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 14:19:25 »

I am watching the real CSI on BBC2. Last night, it was the investigation of a 15 year old stabbed 16 times by 3 15 year olds. It's such a shame that 4 kids have lost their youth. They found the culprits via a trainer mark on the victims coat. It was so interesting.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4569 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:28:15 »

Not really sure if this goes on TV or Films but i watched a WWE (WWF) documentary called Beyond the Mat. It was release 20+ years ago so right when i was a huge Wrestling nut and I knew about the documentary but just never got around to watching it.

Back then 90's and early 00's, there was no social media, so the personal lives of wrestlers were virtually unknown. To the 10 year old me, who they were in the ring was who they were in real life. We didn't know their real names, we didn't know their family or their friends and that's what made it "real".

This documentary was really the first behind the scenes look at the WWE following the likes of Vince McMahon but focusing predominantly on 3 wrestlers. Jake the Snake Roberts, Mick Foley and Terry Funk.
Every kid heard the "wrestling is fake" speech growing up and yes, its no secret that the moves and conclusion of matched and planned and pre-determined, the punches and kicks and not full blown, but i've never been under any illusion that the injuries and damage these guys take to their bodies is life changing. After all, how can you "fake" falling/jumping 20,30,40 ft onto your back. Yes, you can train how to do this as safely as possible (bumps) but its still dangerous.

Anyway, that aside, what really hit me with this is not the affect it has on ones body, i already knew this but the affect it has on someone's family life.
Wrestlers were working 7 days a week, sometimes month on end, flying state to state and eventually this would take it toll, Jake the snake Roberts went on to say how he would have to take sleeping pills with alcohol to go to sleep, and then take cocaine before a match to wake him up and give him that buzz to put on a show. It just just a vicious cycle which took him from WWF super stardom to wrestling in someone's back yard for $25 and some coke to 50 people.

With Mick Foley, he had a more settled life. Behind his many personas, he was a well educated, down to earth guy with a wife and two young children. But try telling a 6 year old that when daddy comes home with a 3 inch gash in his for head or multiple broken bones that the man who did it isn't really hurting daddy. There was one scene where his wife and kids were at one of his biggest shows. A match against The Rock where the rock would proceed to hit Foley around the head with about 6-8 chair shots leaving him downed in blood, all the while the cameras were focused on his family literally in tears to the extent where they had to leave, whilst 60,000 other people were cheering and begging for more.

I think i've let my innter bamboo out here but anyways, for something that is considered "fake", a lot of people don't really understand the sacrifices to their bodies and personal lives wrestlers have to make for the sake of entertainment.

Its currently on Netflix and well worth a watch.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4570 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:37:43 »

I watched that years ago Chubbs and it is shocking, the things that they do just to get through a fight.

The part about Jake the Snake gives some real insight into how you see some of these wrestlers dying at a young age, how he is still alive i really don't know.

like you said it is worth watching even if you're not a wrestling fan. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4571 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:47:00 »

thanks for the tip Chubbs.

The amount of wrestlers that have died too young is staggering. Steroid advise I guess

like you say, fake it may be, but the athleticism is still remarkable
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4572 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 09:41:22 »

Watched season one of Lupin. It's a French series and very good. Season two coming.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #4573 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 10:48:38 »

ZeroZeroZero is very good on Amazon Prime about drugs transportation between Latin America and Europe, and the wars that it causes. From the makers of Gomorrah, for any fans of that show.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.

Ignore
« Reply #4574 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:01:22 »

5 episodes into Your honour. It's very good indeed. Hoping it maintains the high quality until the end(10 episodes)
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: