Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191589 times)

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 19:31:38 »

Marvelous, 9pm bbc2. If you've not already seen it then It's well worth a look
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 20:18:46 »

Marvelous, 9pm bbc2. If you've not already seen it then It's well worth a look

Is it about Ritchie Benaud?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 22:39:21 »

I have just started watching Upload on Amazon Prime, it is really good.
It's about a virtual heaven that you get your mind uploaded to just before you die and you have an avatar of yourself in the afterlife; weird context but it actually works.

Where's your avatar Jutty?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4323 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 08:13:54 »

I have just started watching Upload on Amazon Prime, it is really good.
It's about a virtual heaven that you get your mind uploaded to just before you die and you have an avatar of yourself in the afterlife; weird context but it actually works.
You about to die Jutty ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 21:11:43 »

Just finished The Luminaries on iPlayer, now that made my head hurt!

Watched an episode just now on BBC. The pacing is all over the place. There is some good acting but whilst entirely shot in NZ (and it looks as stunning as the Norwegian shot, Twin), a screenplay written by Kiwi Eleanor Catton and starring five NZ actors, I'd have thought there would be at least a sniff of a decent Kiwi accent. Not a fucking sausage. That could be forgiven but whatever some of the accents are supposed to be, some are about as consistent as the pacing.

On one viewing 5/10.

I still say for a combination of great backdrops, decent story and well acted mystery thriller. Twin really is worth watching. Kristofer Hivju is brilliant but then I didn't expect any less.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4325 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 15:41:50 »

Started on Homeland a little while ago, just at the end of series 4 as it stands. Bloody glad I finally decided to give it a go. Think series four might even be an increase in quality, post-Brody.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 16:22:53 »

Started on Homeland a little while ago, just at the end of series 4 as it stands. Bloody glad I finally decided to give it a go. Think series four might even be an increase in quality, post-Brody.

I kind of got bored with it after Brody but will be  to get your thoughts. I'm thinking of starting from the beginning and going all the way through to see how I view it through modern eyes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: Friday, July 24, 2020, 17:39:12 »

I enjoyed Homeland, I got a bit fed up with her mental health condition coming into play every series though.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 10:56:50 »

I kind of got bored with it after Brody but will be  to get your thoughts. I'm thinking of starting from the beginning and going all the way through to see how I view it through modern eyes.

I think by series 3 the whole Brody thing was getting a tad stale, his seeming flip-flopping in allegiances etc. I do miss Morena Baccarin though!

Carrie's MH is an interesting device. It's such a large part of her personality (or rather, her battle with it is) but I can see that it becomes a little bit easy to rely on it for something else to happen/add pressure/turn the storyline. I did like the idea of the ISI trying to exploit that though. Fucking hate that Tasneem bitch!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:12:01 »

I've started watching The Repair Shop during lockdown. I wish I'd watched it from the start, it's absolutely brilliant, the crafts people who repair the various items are utter geniuses and the stories behind the items are usually pretty amazing as well. In a way they make the show. Proper feel good 'comfort' TV...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007zmh/the-repair-shop-60-min-versions-episode-18

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11:32:13 »

I've started watching The Repair Shop during lockdown. I wish I'd watched it from the start, it's absolutely brilliant, the crafts people who repair the various items are utter geniuses and the stories behind the items are usually pretty amazing as well. In a way they make the show. Proper feel good 'comfort' TV...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007zmh/the-repair-shop-60-min-versions-episode-18

I've watched it from the start, love this programme. I wish i had the talent to mend/repair things they way they do.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 14:06:19 »

Been re watching the US Office. Even better second time round
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 14:13:20 »

Been re watching the US Office. Even better second time round

I started the original again today.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 15:03:18 »

Another vote for the Repair Shop. Excellent programme, such talented people.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 15:08:05 »

Another vote for the Repair Shop. Excellent programme, such talented people.

Ditto, along with Salvage Hunters, though the latter has a characteristic element of Storage Wars ALA Jarrod & Brandy. The spin off Salvage Hunters (The Restorers) is closer to The Repair Shop without the tear jerking back stories. All good stuff though.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: