Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191547 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3900 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 10:44:47 »

Really struggling to get into anything decent on netflix or iplayer.

Done Better call saul, breaking bad, killing eve, ozark. Watched S1 of prison break - not too sure. Need something that starts well and is addictive.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3901 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 11:13:52 »

Stranger Things 3 was brilliant, much better than series 2 and as good as series 1 for me.

Happytime Murders on Netflix is worth a watch, silly but quite entertaining for a (adult) muppet film.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3902 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 11:39:28 »

Done Better call saul, breaking bad, killing eve, ozark. Watched S1 of prison break - not too sure. Need something that starts well and is addictive.

There's loads of good stuff.

Archer
Arrested Development
Glow
Suits
Last Chance U
You Me Her
Orange is the New Black
Brooklyn 99
Travelers
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3903 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 11:42:17 »

There's loads of good stuff.

Archer
Arrested Development
Glow
Suits
Last Chance U
You Me Her
Orange is the New Black
Brooklyn 99
Travelers

Took a couple of goes to get into Brooklyn 99 but its one of the best shows out at the moment. Very funny.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3904 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 11:44:13 »

Took a couple of goes to get into Brooklyn 99 but its one of the best shows out at the moment. Very funny.
Watched all the episodes in about 3 days, brilliant series.

Ignore
« Reply #3905 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 13:06:13 »

Brassic is good
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3906 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 00:52:35 »

Words about things...

I've been catching up with Mr. Robot. It's stunning and brilliant television, and is perfect for the medium, it couldn't be a book or a film. It's also so overly done in everything it's also unbearable. It's hard to watch. It gives itself little breathing room, but when it does it's beautiful. Scene by scene, musical reference, shot by shot, the whole thing is fucking increadible, but there is almost too much.

It's even better on a second watch. So much stuff you find out in twisty twists later are completely seeable in the way things are shot and edited. Add that with the unreliable naration (best I've seen it done in telly) combined with the breaking the 4th wall. It's a mad brilliant (but fairly consistent) mess which almost has too many layers for its own good. It's worth a few re-watches just to get to terms with watching how well shot and edited it is. There's a dance in it between the cinematography and the story which can make it hard to watch, but when t0he former is given some breathing room it's brilliant.

It's just too deliberate in everything and becomes a bit busy. Too busy.

I think it's amazing, flawed in some ways, but also a really good example of how telly is a different medium than film, and should try to be different.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3907 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 05:47:48 »

Watched the first episode of Ozarks - looks a decent series. Got the feel of a Breaking Bad about it.

Anyone seen it through?
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3908 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 06:08:39 »

Watched the first episode of Ozarks - looks a decent series. Got the feel of a Breaking Bad about it.

Anyone seen it through?

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first series. By the end of series two I'd had enough.

I've just finished Mindhunter and before that I re-watched Top Boy, in preparation for the new series coming out. Really enjoyed them both, although Top Boy wasn't quite as good as I'd remembered, ya get me fam.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3909 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 08:56:27 »

Anyone seen it through?
Watched series 1 and I did enjoy it after a slow start, haven't got round to series 2 just yet.

On a similar note, Breaking Bad movie comes out in November "El Camino" on Netflix.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3910 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 13:07:27 »

On a similar note, Breaking Bad movie comes out in November "El Camino" on Netflix.

It's actually October, the date they've advertised is in stupid American mm-dd-yy format.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3911 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 13:11:05 »

It's actually October, the date they've advertised is in stupid American mm-dd-yy format.
Oh right I was going by BBC radio 2 yesterday saying it was November.

Ignore
« Reply #3912 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 11:39:28 »

Brassic is good

Edit. It doesn't go anywhere and isn't worth watching. Initial comment was after 1st episode. It's not good, it's poor.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3913 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 08:52:36 »

Finally finished watching Chernobyl last night, it was perfectly competent but not really sure why people were raving about it so much?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3914 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 10:31:40 »

Started to watch its always sunny in Philadelphia over the weekend.

Is it worth watching? The first 6 episodes have been good but is it 9 seasons good?
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: