Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191815 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 09:05:38 »

The new Top gear is going back to the early Clarkson/May/Hammond style.

They all seem to get on, take the piss out of each other with no ego's, they fight and laugh and its not about the cars its about how they bounce off each other.

Individually I dislike them all for one reason or another but as a team they make a great unit.

I heard some good things so I gave it a go and it was excellent, the electric shock/milkshake sequence in episode 2 (I think) was comedy gold.

At least Twat Le Blanc and the ever increasing ego of Chris Evans have left along with the black personailtyless chap who was neither funny nor knowledgable.

Give it a go, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Maybe it just be, but the 1st and 3rd episode were unconformable viewing. At times i felt that paddy and freddie were borderline bullying chris, it went way past a bit of banter.

I like Chris, he is the only one who actually knows about cars, and i'm sure you've noticed the producers have only let Chris get behind the wheel of the performance cars.

As i said, when its just two of the together, its great. I really enjoyed the Iceland segment in ep 5 with freddie and chris, but when the 3 of them are together, its just too much. Maybe im a boring old fart.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3886 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 09:12:22 »

I can't say I thought it was bullying TBH but I hadn't looked at it that way.

There were a few times Flintoff especially plays up the "big man" role but he did get a few bruises himself like when he was belted on the head coming out of the hearse but there is very little inside the head to do much damage.

I can't see Chris allowing it to be broadcast if there was even a hint of bullying though, yes they wouldn't let either of the 2 Northerners drive anything quick as they do drive like 17 year olds just passed their tests and are both car wreckers.

I think, a massive amount of people only watch Top Gear for the laughs and not the cars though, almost everyone I know does anyway.

I will take onboard your critisisms and watch out for it now and try and view it in a different light.

Then again being brought up in Knowle West he must be used to that sort of thing!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3887 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 16:05:58 »

An excellent documentary about the UK and its rave scene from '84-'92 was shown on Friday night. It's on the iPlayer and YouTube

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000777d/everybody-in-the-place-an-incomplete-history-of-britain-19841992

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: Monday, August 5, 2019, 19:56:58 »

An excellent documentary about the UK and its rave scene from '84-'92 was shown on Friday night. It's on the iPlayer and YouTube

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000777d/everybody-in-the-place-an-incomplete-history-of-britain-19841992

Ace. This is right up my alley as I was one of them 👍
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:11:02 »

The Boys on Amazon Prime is worth a watch if you have prime, proper mick take of the super hero genre, it is funny and there are some quite tasty young ladies in it as well
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3890 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:24:17 »

The Boys on Amazon Prime is worth a watch if you have prime, proper mick take of the super hero genre, it is funny and there are some quite tasty young ladies in it as well
Cheers for the heads up, sounds quite interesting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 15:27:06 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49155683

This looks like it will be good. (if you like police dramas, like I do.)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 15:40:57 »

I have a feeling this will be a tough one to watch having met Sian and went through my school years with her boyfriend Kevin.

On a similar note, i watched something called Murdered for being different last night. It based on the murder of Sophie Lancaster back in 2007 and it was absolutely harrowing to watch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3893 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 16:05:14 »

I have a feeling this will be a tough one to watch having met Sian and went through my school years with her boyfriend Kevin.

On a similar note, i watched something called Murdered for being different last night. It based on the murder of Sophie Lancaster back in 2007 and it was absolutely harrowing to watch.

when I say 'good' of course that's with the caveat that I know some people on here will have known Sian and of course its anything but 'good'.

I started to watch that last night but was knackered and fell asleep, I think I'll go back and watch it again although these things tend to make me angry the way people are killed senselessly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 17:17:11 »

Enjoying Black Mirror on Netflix currently.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 17:47:38 »

Enjoying Black Mirror on Netflix currently.

Started watching this recently too. What series are you on? Just finished series 3 and thought it was terrible but hoping season 4 is more like the first 2
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 18:25:07 »

I've watched series 5, then gone backwards (4 then 3)
I Saw 1-2 on C4 when they were on).

I've got two left on Series 3, it's not been as good as series 4 or 5, but still some corking episodes (San Junipero and Shut Up & Dance were great)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 18:38:03 »

Started watching this recently too. What series are you on? Just finished series 3 and thought it was terrible but hoping season 4 is more like the first 2

The first episode of the fourth series, USS Calister, is one of the best of the lot!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: Friday, August 16, 2019, 18:41:38 »

The first episode of the fourth series, USS Calister, is one of the best of the lot!

Yeah, that's brilliant, also Black Museum.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: Friday, August 23, 2019, 10:14:59 »

Starting on Monday 2nd September
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: