Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191814 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3840 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 10:56:19 »

shit! forgot about black mirror! thanks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3841 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:26:42 »

I watched the first two episodes of the new black mirror series last night. The 2nd one was missing something, but the first was superb. A real thought provoker.

I watched the first one with the wife last night. She was giving me looks as if to say "what do you get up to when you're playing computer games when I've gone to bed".
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3842 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:28:02 »

So many great scenes in this show.

Love the "Fuck" crime scene, and the various instances of "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit".

Snoop buying a nail gun is probably my favourite.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3843 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:32:37 »

Sweet. Watched ep1 but it's a slow burner at the moment.
It is a bit, but keep at it. Half way through season 1 you'll suddenly realise you're hooked. Ironic, really
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #3844 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 20:32:45 »

Swindon- centred, real crime investigation ‘Conviction - Murder In Suburbia’.   2 hour long episodes recently shown and available on BBC I player. Fascinating, baffling, chilling.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 20:43:50 by sir windon » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3845 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 21:58:52 »

Swindon- centred, real crime investigation ‘Conviction - Murder In Suburbia’.   2 hour long episodes recently shown and available on BBC I player. Fascinating, baffling, chilling.

Saw that last year when came out.
Very good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3846 on: Friday, June 7, 2019, 21:06:38 »

Rewatching band of brothers. Just got to episode 9 where they find the concentration camp. It's a great series but this episode is brilliantly moving and very, very sad
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3847 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 08:38:12 »

shit! forgot about black mirror! thanks

I enjoyed all three episodes. In their own way they all had something about them. Much better than the last series, which I thought was shite.
Flashheart

« Reply #3848 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 08:43:08 »

I thought the first one was great, the second was 'okay' and the third one was awful.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3849 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 08:49:12 »

Second one was best for me. They all lacked the edge of some of the early episodes, but interesting nonetheless.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3850 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 08:52:53 »

I thought the first one was great, the second was 'okay' and the third one was awful.

Sounds like you took something before the first episode, realised you didn't have any more during episode two, then on a major come down by the end of the third  Smiley
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3851 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 08:33:59 »

Been watching "Dead to Me" on Netflix.  Enjoyable without taking itself to seriously. The chemistry between the two lead roles is superb.

Also Linda Cardellini is very nice  Grin
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3852 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:08:02 »

New Top Gear last night with another new line up. Not sure how i feel after the first episode.

Freddy Flintoft just looked out of place, his presenting seems forced and unnatural and was just a general clown and over "laddish". Paddy was ok, a bit more natural but him a Freddy just didn't do it for me.
I thought Chris Harris would be a prominent presenter taking over from Matt LeBlanc but Paddy and Freddy seemed to almost overshadow him with their "banter".
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3853 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:15:30 »

New Top Gear last night with another new line up. Not sure how i feel after the first episode.

Freddy Flintoft just looked out of place, his presenting seems forced and unnatural and was just a general clown and over "laddish". Paddy was ok, a bit more natural but him a Freddy just didn't do it for me.
I thought Chris Harris would be a prominent presenter taking over from Matt LeBlanc but Paddy and Freddy seemed to almost overshadow him with their "banter".
Meant to watch this as I really like Flintoff on the podcast he does with Robbie Savage and Matthew Syed, but not overly keen on Paddy Whasissface, mainly because of that godwaful dating gameshow he did. Will try to see it on catchup, might be worth waiting a couple of weeks, always takes a new lineup time to find their groove
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3854 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 09:34:52 »

I thought it was decent, took it back closer to the format when JC was in charge.  Better than LeBlanc who was more false than Freddy was last night, and always turned it into a US cars better than European cars debate, and much better than Evans.

I agree that Freddy is not suited to studio presenting but nor was LeBlanc - He was much better in the filmed stuff though.  I think Chris Harris is the best man to do the actual reviews, enjoyed his piece on the Ferrari and Maclaren.

A shame that they don't seem to be doing a random celebrity in a car though, used to enjoy that, broke up the program a bit.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: