Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191878 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3810 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 06:48:07 »

Brooklyn Nine Nine is our go to comedy at the moment. Little slow to the party as i tried it a couple of times but couldn't get into it at first.

Probably my favourite comedy series of recent times.

Currently bingeing season 5 after it took an absolute age to come to Netflix.
Flashheart

« Reply #3811 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 19:21:03 »

Just catching up on the latest line of duty series. 3 episodes in and it's all go so far. Good stuff.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3812 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 19:22:44 »

Just catching up on the latest line of duty series. 3 episodes in and it's all go so far. Good stuff.

Watched the first episode and found it boring. Too many acronyms that meant nothing to me.
Flashheart

« Reply #3813 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 19:32:51 »

Watched the first episode and found it boring. Too many acronyms that meant nothing to me.

They only use a handful, and it's easy to follow once you know what they are.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #3814 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 20:25:26 »

Anyone watching Chernobyl? Gripping viewing.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3815 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 21:11:34 »

Really enjoying Ozark on Netflix at the moment.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3816 on: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 21:23:33 »

Anyone watching Chernobyl? Gripping viewing.
yup. .

Was 12 when it happened, so knew it was a big thing if not fully immersed in the facts  

Piked up bits and pieces over the years, but the scale of disbelief in the facts from the Russians, and the cover up after is a bit of a surprise.

I know there's an element of dramatisation, but the level of accuracy is very very high from what I've read.

A couple of the characters are make believe, e.g. the women scientist is representative of the Russian scientific community that solved why the reactor exploded.

apparently the 'Joker' robot is still in a rubbish heap in Chernobyl, somewhat 'hot'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3817 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:26:51 »

Only seen one episode, but having a lot of fun imagining Paul Ritter playing his role as the dad from Friday night dinner

Shit on it, the bloody core just bloody exploded

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3818 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:35:19 »

Chernobyl started slowly but has turned out to be brilliantly gripping, watching the blame game and who not to tell etc is excellent viewing if uncomfortable at times.

Can't wait for the last episode in a few days time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3819 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:46:00 »

The photos of the abandoned town of Pripyat, especially the theme park, are worth a look

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2016/apr/05/inside-abandoned-city-pripyat-30-years-chernobyl-in-pictures

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2019/apr/10/nuclear-wasteland-inside-chernobyl-exclusion-zone-in-pictures-pripyat-david-mcmillan
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3820 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 08:59:09 »

yup. .

Was 12 when it happened, so knew it was a big thing if not fully immersed in the facts 

Piked up bits and pieces over the years, but the scale of disbelief in the facts from the Russians, and the cover up after is a bit of a surprise.

I know there's an element of dramatisation, but the level of accuracy is very very high from what I've read.

A couple of the characters are make believe, e.g. the women scientist is representative of the Russian scientific community that solved why the reactor exploded.

apparently the 'Joker' robot is still in a rubbish heap in Chernobyl, somewhat 'hot'

Haven't watched it - whats it actually on, however The S*n feeling it necessary to point this out perhaps explains how they view the would knowledge of their readership and says a lot about where the media think we are in this country?

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1133775728535834624
Barry Scott

« Reply #3821 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:00:12 »

Only seen one episode, but having a lot of fun imagining Paul Ritter playing his role as the dad from Friday night dinner

Shit on it, the bloody core just bloody exploded

The missus said almost your exact words out loud when that happened.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3822 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:00:42 »

Chernobyl has been fascinating to watch.

Never knew much about the background before.
I was in Snowdonia on a field trip when the fallout was due to arrive.
Not good for the local hill farms at the time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #3823 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:16:20 »

I'm only up to Episode 3, so no 'spoilers' please.

That said, have been reading up on it to do a bit of fact-checking:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Let's hope they get Hinkley Point right!

While watching Episode 3 last night, was racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen the coal miners' leader before.  Had to look it up.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:18:38 by Private Fraser » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3824 on: Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:20:36 »

Must admit I remember it well when it happened, I was 20 and working at the football club at the time and I remember having a chat with Lou Macari about it on the way to work.

It was a concern but none of us were overly bothered, but then none of us actually knew the extent of the problem mostly due to the Russian penchant for absolute secrecy and how bad it actually could have been.

Frightening when you think back TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: