Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192045 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3660 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 16:52:54 »

The ending....I can't help feel I missed some hidden meaning.... but I missed it big time if I did!
If you missed it then I missed it too!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3661 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 19:53:37 »

Just finished the Bodyguard, meh

Started off well but then went into the realms of ridiculousness. Certainly not a patch on Line of Duty, I believe they are the work of the same creators
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3662 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 16:44:55 »

Same writer.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3663 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 16:48:21 »

So.......being a massive 'Office' fan & never having seen the American version which is best?

Same. Couldn't bare to watch the American one for ages, but a mate who also loved the UK one recommended it and said it was amazing. I'm about to begin series 3 and there have been a few episodes whose plot mimics some of the story in the UK one, but apparently from here the plot lines go off and do their own thing, and new characters come in to great effect.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3664 on: Friday, October 12, 2018, 17:11:24 »

Watched all 8 episodes of "Killing Eve" over the last 2 days on BBC.

Quite entertaining, was told it would grab me as breaking Bad did, it didn't, its not THAT good but well worth a watch.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3665 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 11:15:30 »

Doctor Who.

(yes yes, its a kids show)

While the UK seems to be wanking over Jodie Whittaker's performance, I just can't warm to it. Breathless dizzy doctor.

I could however wan. oh, you know.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3666 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 11:27:08 »

Watched all 8 episodes of "Killing Eve" over the last 2 days on BBC.

Quite entertaining, was told it would grab me as breaking Bad did, it didn't, its not THAT good but well worth a watch.
I enjoyed Killing Eve, well worth a watch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3667 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 12:16:28 »

I enjoyed Killing Eve, well worth a watch.

+1, its very very good, she plays a very good (and rather aesthetically pleasing) psychopath...
Barry Scott

« Reply #3668 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 12:27:41 »

I started watching it but had to stop, it was just so fetched and it wound me up.

Wish I could list reasons (it was some weeks back) but I don’t recall any, well apart form the fact she was an intelligent calculating killer on one had and infuriatingly dirt stupid on the other - which was also true of other characters

It also felt like it didn’t know whether it was a bit of comic fun or a serious drama (that maybe poked fun at itself?).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3669 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 12:42:39 »

Doctor Who.

While the UK seems to be wanking over Jodie Whittaker's performance, I just can't warm to it. Breathless dizzy doctor.

I could however wan. oh, you know.
I am not a fan of Jodie Whittaker at all, I think shes done ok as the Doctor, nothing more nothing less, its not the fact that its a female doctor its the fact that its her. Also the huge amount of fake Yorkshire accents by all piss me off (Brad Walsh excepted and of course JW herself who is a Yorkie).

Peter Venkman

« Reply #3670 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 12:45:51 »

I started watching it but had to stop, it was just so fetched and it wound me up.

Wish I could list reasons (it was some weeks back) but I don’t recall any, well apart form the fact she was an intelligent calculating killer on one had and infuriatingly dirt stupid on the other - which was also true of other characters

It also felt like it didn’t know whether it was a bit of comic fun or a serious drama (that maybe poked fun at itself?).
I think part of it that I did like was that it didn't take itself overly seriously and was a comic drama.

As for far fetched....Exhibit A. Game of thrones. Exhibit B. Walking dead. Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3671 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 14:11:11 »

Doctor Who.

tbf, while I'd agree the first couple of episodes haven't been great, they usually aren't, they usually use take a couple of episodes to establish the new characters (Dr and assistants) then pick up after that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3672 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 14:19:04 »

true enough. here's hoping
Barry Scott

« Reply #3673 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 14:21:53 »

As for far fetched....Exhibit A. Game of thrones. Exhibit B. Walking dead. Wink

Well indeed, but we go into them knowing they’re not remotely attached to reality.

And by far fetched, I meant convenient sets of circumstances, or how intelligent people do really stupid shit. Like when eve’s colleague in the hat follows a supposedly ruthless assassin, laughably badly, into a night club unarmed. He works for mi5 and he’s a spy, it was like he’d had a lobotomy.

Regarding liking it as a comic drama that’s fair enough, I suppose I expected something more serious, I guess. Don’t know. It just felt a bit confused in my opinion.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3674 on: Monday, October 15, 2018, 17:19:37 »

It just felt a bit confused in my opinion.
I think it was a drama with a bit of comic interludes but I understand what you are saying, took 3 or 4 episodes for me to be bothered by the characters and yes not a lot of depth to it but I did find it entertaining. Despite several plot holes.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: