Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1199911 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3615 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 21:45:52 »

Saw the first part of the 'Bodyguard' on BBC 1 when waiting for match of the day - excellent stuff.

Love a good 4/6 part thriller. Particularly BBC ones. 'The Shadow Line' was the best I've seen - can anyone recommend anything similar?

I have the Line of Duty already.
Amir

« Reply #3616 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 22:01:27 »

You could do a lot worse than Unforgotten, which was just mentioned in the posts before yours.

And for those who enjoyed the first series, Ozark is back on Friday.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3617 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 11:34:20 »

Was really looking forward to Bodyguard however I thought it was far fetched nonsense  too slick for its own good and didn't believe in any of the characters

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3618 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 12:14:47 »

Was really looking forward to Bodyguard however I thought it was far fetched nonsense  too slick for its own good and didn't believe in any of the characters

I thought the first episode set things up nicely, but saw the second last night and was disappointed.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3619 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 08:30:11 »

In a time where TV is flooded with hit US dramas, its a breath of fresh air that the UK can still pull some out the bag. Unforgotten being one of them. Just finished season 3 last night. Brilliant actors, gripping drama. Highly recommended.

Thanks for this - really enjoying it so far.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3620 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 08:41:54 »

Watched the first 2 episodes and i'm in two minds. There's something about the lead character that annoys the shit out of me and no, its not because hes Scottish.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3621 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 08:51:29 »

Currently watching the 2nd series of Glitch on Netflix, wierd but strangely engrossing about bodies coming back from the dead in Australia (yes I know...who would be able to tell!) quite enjoying it so far, will finish the series later.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3622 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 09:08:06 »

I guess the jury will be out until the end of the series.  It is sadly one dimensional.  It lacks the subtlety and darkness of the scandinavian noir.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3623 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 09:12:55 »

Watched the first 2 episodes and i'm in two minds. There's something about the lead character that annoys the shit out of me and no, its not because hes Scottish.

Having seen him in GoT's I spent the first two episodes commenting on how shit his Scottish accent was, to discover afterwards that the actor is actually Scottish!

Its OK, but not altogether sure what many people are getting themselves in a lather about.

Whilst we were on holiday we were working through the Lie to Me box set, finished the first series and its OK.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3624 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 09:57:01 »

Been catching up with Unforgotten myself as well. Superb but the ending of series 2 isn’t realistic in the slightest
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3625 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 08:24:39 »

Celebrity (sic) Big Brother - Not watching it but from extracts and interviews on social media Roxanne Pallett seems a rather particular character who has buggered her career up somewhat.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3626 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 08:53:09 »

If he says "ma'am" one more time my fist is through the screen

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3627 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 12:48:01 »

In a time where TV is flooded with hit US dramas, its a breath of fresh air that the UK can still pull some out the bag. Unforgotten being one of them. Just finished season 3 last night. Brilliant actors, gripping drama. Highly recommended.

To be fair, quite a few of those dramas are either written, produced, directed or lead acted by British crew. Sometimes the whole set up is largely British in key roles. We have some great workers in the industry, all around the world.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3628 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 12:49:40 »

If he says "ma'am" one more time my fist is through the screen

My wife loves me asking her each time he says it, 'why did he just call her mum?'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3629 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 19:45:43 »

I thought the first episode set things up nicely, but saw the second last night and was disappointed.

Watched the third last night. Definitely revived my interest, lots going on.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: