Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191505 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 09:48:02 »

I'll tell you something, there are some cracking shows that come from the BBC over the past few years.

Agreed, they have had to step it up in the dramas stakes to complete with the likes of Netflix and that resulted in some incredible stuff like Line of Duty.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3556 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10:41:37 »

Haven't seen it so no spoilers please...

Its fairly good but like so much seems to suffer from being a bit too long, Witless Silence (which has got a bit bollocks recently) works over the two one hour episodes concept, but these things which go on for 5+ hour long episodes I struggle to find the time to watch consistently and thus end up losing interest as I forget whats going on. Started on 7 seconds on Netflakes...

They do a good line in breakfast shows, to be sure.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10:50:29 »

Agreed, they have had to step it up in the dramas stakes to complete with the likes of Netflix and that resulted in some incredible stuff like Line of Duty.
I'd recommend Strike, Luther (obviously), The Night Manager, Death in Paradise, Broadchurch, Peaky Blinders, Taboo, to name a few
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12:37:28 »

They do a good line in breakfast shows, to be sure.

It was deliberate, its what our 5 year old refers to Netflix as...

I'd recommend Strike, Luther (obviously), The Night Manager, Death in Paradise, Broadchurch, Peaky Blinders, Taboo, to name a few

Broadchurch is on ITV isn't it? Must confess we gave up on it when it started taking circumstantial nonsense and contrived police ineptitude to a whole new level!

Watched the last Shetland now - that was a shocker!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12:46:30 »

It was deliberate, its what our 5 year old refers to Netflix as...

Broadchurch is on ITV isn't it? Must confess we gave up on it when it started taking circumstantial nonsense and contrived police ineptitude to a whole new level!

Watched the last Shetland now - that was a shocker!

You are right, it was ITV but still falls under the "terrestrial" catergory :-)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 15:51:07 »

Agreed....you can add Broken and Strike to the list

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 16:52:00 »

Agreed....you can add Broken and Strike to the list

Strike is on the list :-)

adje

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 20:53:45 »

Oh yeah sorry

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 09:40:40 »

The funeral murders. Compelling stuff

It was compelling, and supremely sad how divided Ireland was/is.

I'm married to an Irish women and I love the country and its people (in general) but where she is from on the west side of the country in a very small village, I was referred to as a 'tan' by a couple of people in IRA jackets. There was no real animosity but that small mindedness is still alive 30 years after those horrible events.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 09:41:39 »

Give The Young Offenders of Cork a try. Also on BBC 3. Funny as fuck.

Finished the series. I enjoyed it. I've been to Cork and their accents are spot on, boy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3565 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 11:46:35 »

Finished the series. I enjoyed it. I've been to Cork and their accents are spot on, boy!
Because they are from cork  Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 12:28:53 »

Because they are from cork  Cheesy

I knew that! Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 15:04:08 »

It was compelling, and supremely sad how divided Ireland was/is.

I'm married to an Irish women and I love the country and its people (in general) but where she is from on the west side of the country in a very small village, I was referred to as a 'tan' by a couple of people in IRA jackets. There was no real animosity but that small mindedness is still alive 30 years after those horrible events.

Mr Mrs is Irish too(well her mother is at least). Her family is from the west (Galway). When I first went over it took some of them quite a while until they trusted/took to me. Very weary of English some of them.
Been to northern Ireland twice too. Totally different to the south. The kerbs painted red, white and blue plus the flags etc show things still have an undercurrent of trouble that could trigger at any time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 16:18:56 »

Mr Mrs is Irish too(well her mother is at least). Her family is from the west (Galway). When I first went over it took some of them quite a while until they trusted/took to me. Very weary of English some of them.
Been to northern Ireland twice too. Totally different to the south. The kerbs painted red, white and blue plus the flags etc show things still have an undercurrent of trouble that could trigger at any time.

I've been to Belfast, that's another world. As you say red, white and blue on one street and then Green and white on another!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 08:09:33 »

Tried a couple of new shows this weekend.

The end of the fucking world: I think im too old for it, i could see where it was going but just couldn't get on with it.

Limitless: I haven't see the film, but the first episode of the show was promising although it already looks like its going to be predictable as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: