Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191554 times)

Ignore
« Reply #3315 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:25:08 »

Yes absolutely. Its been great from day 1.

Thanks. I'll wait for this one to finish then will go back to the start.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3316 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 13:15:17 »

I agree with Chalkie, well worth backtracking to the start..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #3317 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:42:41 »

I too will agree about Line of Duty - Started watching when Series 3 began - watched the previous 2 straight after. They often refer back to the previous storylines too.

Wouldn't mind watching them all again actually - easily one of the best things on TV at the moment.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3318 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 14:59:22 »

Another Line of Duty fan here. Great television.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3319 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 22:20:28 »

Line of duty is excellent.

In a similar vain I'm enjoying catching up with Hinterland, even though I haven't got a fucking clue what's happening it's the sort of thing you have to concentrate on to enjoy properly! If you aren't familiar with it it's a bit like Broadchurch / those trendy scandi-noir shows only Welsh, which is much better than it sounds.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 22:23:01 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3320 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:06:06 »

Department Q on BBC 4 has the hallmarks of being a classic. The first episode was fantastic.

Danish subtitled drama.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3321 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 17:58:39 »

Line of Duty was excellent, fantastic ending and already looking forward to the next. I'd write more but want to avoid spoilers.

Watched series 1 and 2 of Inside No. 9 since last night, some episodes were a bit of a miss but mostly excellent, as Costanza said the episode with Sheridan Smith was particularly powerful. I can't find series 3 anywhere though?

I've also recently finished watching Dag, recommend it to anyone who enjoys dark comedy with a twist of drama.

Not sure what to watch next, GoT and Sopranos both on Sky but value my free time...

Ells: I tried Hinterland even I found it too fucking miserable. I didn't particularly find it gripping either. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3322 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 21:59:46 »

Line of Duty was excellent, fantastic ending and already looking forward to the next. I'd write more but want to avoid spoilers.

Watched series 1 and 2 of Inside No. 9 since last night, some episodes were a bit of a miss but mostly excellent, as Costanza said the episode with Sheridan Smith was particularly powerful. I can't find series 3 anywhere though?

I've also recently finished watching Dag, recommend it to anyone who enjoys dark comedy with a twist of drama.

Not sure what to watch next, GoT and Sopranos both on Sky but value my free time...

Ells: I tried Hinterland even I found it too fucking miserable. I didn't particularly find it gripping either. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?

Series 3 is out there online, I can dig up some more links if you want (Ep 1)

Hinterland does get better, I think, as I only started watching it halfway through and had to go back. It definitely doesn't get any cheerier though!

Can't stand GoT personally, so I'd recommend Sopranos all the way..

My friend I usually get recommendations from has just started watching 13 reasons why, it sounds far too depressing for me. Anyone seen it?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Amir

« Reply #3323 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 14:26:09 »

Fargo
Gomorrah
Happy Valley
Narcos
Black Mirror
True Detective(Series one)

Not knowing what you've seen, that would be my pick of recent years.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3324 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 14:34:56 »

First episode of American Gods went up on Amazon Prime last night. Stylish as anything, not sure about how good it is yet after one episode but the casting looks excelllent and the digital effects are gorgeous. Promising certainly.
Barry Scott

« Reply #3325 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 08:45:38 »

First episode of American Gods went up on Amazon Prime last night. Stylish as anything, not sure about how good it is yet after one episode but the casting looks excelllent and the digital effects are gorgeous. Promising certainly.

Looks visually superb. Despite the fact I'm 3 episodes in and still don't have a clue what's going on, I'm intrigued enough to want to keep watching. It's got something.

Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon: only just started watching it (I'm 2 episodes in) but it seems potentially brilliant. Anyone else seen it?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3326 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 08:54:29 »

Recently finished watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Quite hard hitting in parts, certainly one of the more emotionally involving shows I've watched lately.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3327 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 09:37:22 »

Prison Break Season 5 has been interesting. They have tried to fit so much into 8 episodes its been really hard to really get into.
Prison break of old would drag stuff out. It would take 5 episodes to cross one state.
Prison break of new, they seem to get half way round the world and back in less that half an episode.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3328 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 09:50:45 »

Presently ploughing through Mad Men, only at the end of series 2 but its been OK so far....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3329 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 21:19:08 »

Just finished watching the keepers on Netflix. It's about the murder of a nun in the 70's and abuse in the Catholic Church. It's really good but *spoiler*like half of the series is about the murder, and you don't even find out who did it

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: