Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191617 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1545 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:12:04 »

So new True blood tonight, and new TWD on October 18th, good, good.

True Blood has been on the slide for a bit, but its still watchable. They are killing it off the series after this upcoming (in the UK) one, which is probably about right..

Nope, not after this one, they are making a 7th season and then that will be it.  I have already watched the one that starts tonight, it sets it up for the final season in the last episode.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:20:18 »

Edit: doh something went wrong between thinking and typing in my original post, a missing 'after'. I meant to type the UK has 2 seasons left including tonight's. But you corrected it already.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:20:52 »

Agents of Shield got off to a good start.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 14:07:29 »

Edit: doh something went wrong between thinking and typing in my original post, a missing 'after'. I meant to type the UK has 2 seasons left including tonight's. But you corrected it already.

I just wanted to sound like a know it all, it doesn't happen very often on here, especially when you have posters that can see into the future like Chang and Dost! Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 19:19:49 »

Managed to avoid spoilers all day and just watched the Breaking Bad finale.

Definitely lived up to expectations.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 19:59:59 »

Managed to avoid spoilers all day and just watched the Breaking Bad finale.

Definitely lived up to expectations.
And also left the possibility of a movie open, which is something they're planning. Great show that sustained 5 series without turning shit, which most do.

It's All Good..............
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 22:06:13 »

Probably the best overall final series, if not the best finale (The Wire's ending was pretty much perfect even if the final series wasn't great), of any TV show I've watched. It was basically eight straight hours without a drop in tension. Earns it's place alongside The Wire and The Soprano's as part of a holy trinity at the pinnacle of television drama. It's going to take some show to displace any of those.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:20:16 »

Speaking of TWD, have they done a load of webisodes for this series?

They have indeed. Go online this week.

Today infact! "The Oath"
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:31:20 by Benzel » Logged

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #1553 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 19:32:35 »

I finished watching Breaking Bad earlier. I really enjoyed it, and would happily recommend it, but I'm not sure how it gets held in similar esteem to The Wire and The Sopranos. They're in a whole other ballpark of drama with far more depth and substance, in my opinion.

Breaking Bad, certainly in it's early days, had incredibly weak and annoying characters, an annoying and slow story that didn't really go anywhere and sometimes felt like it was not a drama, but maybe a black comedy. Sorry fanbois, but I needed to say it, in spite on knowing vast numbers of internetters will wish me dead. Hide French
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 20:36:57 »

It's all about opinions Barry.  I still think Sopranos is no.1, probably followed by the Wire and then BB.  I also thought Lost was good (except the ending) which puts me on a lot of peoples hit list.

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1555 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 20:45:14 »

Breaking Bad, certainly in it's early days, had incredibly weak and annoying characters, an annoying and slow story that didn't really go anywhere and sometimes felt like it was not a drama, but maybe a black comedy. Sorry fanbois, but I needed to say it, in spite on knowing vast numbers of internetters will wish me dead. Hide French

I did find the first series was a bit slow, but thought they were the setting the series up well.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 20:49:01 »

Each are good for their own reasons.

Shows like The Sopranos and The Wire have great depth to their stories but were sometimes a little slow.

Breaking Bad was more about the drama and the writing, there always seemed to be a permanent sense of suspense..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 20:49:17 »

Whereas I couldn't get in to The Wire. I tried, I really did.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 20:50:10 »

Try again.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 21:07:23 »

Breaking Bad is almost like a high melodrama. I think you either see that as a merit or a drawback. I don't think judging it on the basis of depth/ realism against programs like 'The Wire' is much of a worthwhile comparison. Both shows set out to achieve very different goals, and delivered on them pretty much flawlessly. 

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: