Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192041 times)

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:42:55 »

There is a clue in an earlier episode in the last series as to what happened.  Take a look back and listen to what is said in the episode where Tony is out on the boat in the lake in Italy, just before he has the fight with his buddy.

One line explains the closing scenes.  Worth watching the last episode back too, especially the restaurant scene.  It keeps switching from 2 perspectives if you watch, one through Tony's eyes, and one through other characters.  Tis quite clever actually.
I worked out what I think we're meant to conclude. The guy going to the toilet  before meadows arrival the clue with darkness as the door opens.  I just would have preferred a crystal clear ending as that is what made it so good when series concluded.
It's not a major grumble but did disapoint a touch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:51:12 »

I watched the documentary about the Piper Alpha disaster last night which i vaguely remember seeing on the news (I was 9). Terrible disaster and for the survivors interviewed, the memory of that night clearly still has a massive effect on them. Pretty harrowing watching at times. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 22:21:46 »

I worked out what I think we're meant to conclude. The guy going to the toilet  before meadows arrival the clue with darkness as the door opens.  I just would have preferred a crystal clear ending as that is what made it so good when series concluded.
It's not a major grumble but did disapoint a touch.

It was described as the marmite ending at the time.  It caused quite a stir.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Barry Scott

« Reply #1428 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:30:49 »

Just watched the first 3 episodes of, Orange is the New Black, on Netflix, seems good so far. It also makes a very good reason to cancel Sky, which I think is what I'm going to do.
china red

« Reply #1429 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:39:52 »

Just watched Ray Donovan, good bit of thug does good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 21:07:13 »

Watching the blue lagoon, haven't seen it in years.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 21:15:20 »

Just finished watching all 3 series of Game Of Thrones. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to series 4 next year.
Film wise, just watched Love Honour & Obey again. Brilliant film and one that makes me laugh out loud.

It's All Good..............
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 21:20:45 »

One for DV.... When wrestling was golden - BBC 4 10.30
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:27:30 »

Watching the royle family Xmas special on gold+1. Jim Royle reminds me of an older DMR.  Smiley
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 22:34:35 »

Anyone else been watching Luther? Continues its high quality, although that Alice bird isn't anywhere to be seen this time round Sad
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 07:42:32 »

Anyone else been watching Luther? Continues its high quality, although that Alice bird isn't anywhere to be seen this time round Sad

She is in the trailer for next weeks episode
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 21:37:07 »

Watching a bit of aljazeera news, waiting for the weather  Too Cool
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:50:16 »

Love/Hate begins on Channel 5 (annoying) tonight, heard good things about it from my Irish friends

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/jul/24/love-hate-ireland-the-wire

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 15:08:54 »

So it's supposed to be an Irish version of The Wire and it's got Baltimore's finest Mayor Tommy Carcetti in it?

Probably worth a watch.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 21:09:11 »

I watched the documentary about the Piper Alpha disaster last night which i vaguely remember seeing on the news (I was 9). Terrible disaster and for the survivors interviewed, the memory of that night clearly still has a massive effect on them. Pretty harrowing watching at times. 

Belated response, but they trailed a bit of that on the news - interviewed two survivors. 

One of them was saying how his feet were on fire so he ran to the edge of the platform to jump into the water and put them out.  There was another fella in the way and, in his panic, he shoved him into the sea.  For 25 years he lived with the guilt of having pushed this fella to his death. 

Wasn't until they were filming the documentary that he overhead another guy recounting the story from the other perspective and found out he hadn't killed him at all and all those years of guilt were misplaced! 

Brilliant story I thought (which I obviously haven't done any justice here)!

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: