Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191556 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:43:57 »

Without a tv or iplayer I haven't seen his new weekly wipe, but someone described it as being like a panel/chat show, which just sounds like an abomination.

It's still decent but his levels of smugness are starting to grate a little.

The American and the talking head characters are fucking woefull.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 20:08:44 »

Weekly wipe isnt as solidly funny as his older stuff but there are still parts that make me laugh out loud.  Which as a bitter misanthrope isnt easy to do.

Never knowingly overstated.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 09:57:24 »

On the topic of Charlie Brooker, I saw episode 3 of weekly wipe and the first episode of the new series of Black Mirror last night. Weekly wipe is actually still very good, but the sets/surroundings do kind of set off in my mind that this isn't old Brooker anymore. Instead of an average suburban basement filled with normal clutter and detritus, he does his 'sitting in front of the tv' segments in an antique panelled room with a roaring log fire. Not very 'lonely misanthrope', more 'rich moaning twat'. Not that I think he is the latter, it just flags it up in my mind...

Black Mirror was fucking immense. I have not had a TV show bring up so many questions that remain unanswered in a long time. Me and my mate sat there for hours afterwards talking about the minutae. That episode is the best I've seen so far. Definitely worth a watch, particularly if you like near-future sci-fi like Children of Men or Looper etc.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 19:32:41 »

Parks & Recreation starts on BBC4 tonight. Similar to The Office (US) and worth watching for Ron Swanson alone.

Community has started up again in the US, might just be me but it seems to have gone downhill a bit - same old jokes and its getting boring.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 19:39:02 »

Yeah, I watched Series one of Community and thought it was alright, gave up early into Series two.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 23:21:25 »

Parks and Rec only really starts getting into its stride into season two, so don't judge it straight away if you're only getting into it now.

I'm not going to lie that community has its peaks and troughs, but writing it off at the beginning of season two is stupid. A lot of people got a bit uppity about the episodes in season four because of behind the scenes changes, but I honestly find that newer episodes on individual merit arent that much worse

Things get better but they never get good
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 07:29:48 »

I can't be arsed to go back through all the pages of this thread that I've missed in the last year, but in case it hasn't been mentioned, can I just say "Breaking Bad" is the absolute bollocks.

It might be the best TV drama I've ever seen. I know I said that about The Wire, and possibly Deadwood, but this might be even better.

If you haven't seen it then watch it. It's worth signing up to Netflix (free for the first month), just for that and the US remake of House of Cards.

..never go back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 09:10:38 »

Parks and Rec only really starts getting into its stride into season two, so don't judge it straight away if you're only getting into it now.

Absolutely.  First series can be pretty average in places but you will be richly rewarded in season 2 if you stick with it.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 10:30:31 »

Just got on to the American Netflix and I'm now going back through Trailer Park Boys.

The Walking Dead is starting to step it up again after a small lull in the series.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #1074 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 10:35:00 »

The Walking Dead is starting to step it up again after a small lull in the series.

I've not bothered with the last episode and the episode before that I switched off half way through. That shit is boooooooooring.

I wonder how popular it would be if it didn't have the occasional zombie in it.?
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 12:44:51 »

The episode before the last one started crap but had a great ending & the last episode was quite good. Talking about Zombies i watched the film Cockneys vs Zombies last night it is well worth a watch just for Michelle Ryan but there are some great other roles including Richard Briers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 12:49:29 »

The episode before the last one started crap but had a great ending & the last episode was quite good.

Are you watching US pace? I've not been too impressed so far with the 2 or 3 that have been shown here.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 13:00:04 »

Are you watching US pace? I've not been too impressed so far with the 2 or 3 that have been shown here.
No on FX but they haven't been great but they have been good, a lot of the yank shows have been going a bit stale recently. I have been impressed with the adverts for Revolution.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:12:30 »

Been watching Portlandia on Netflix. One of those love it / hate it shows, worth a try though - some of it is very funny and they have some great guest stars.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:16:46 »

Been watching Portlandia on Netflix. One of those love it / hate it shows, worth a try though - some of it is very funny and they have some great guest stars.

FRED ARMISEN IS A GENIUS.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: