Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191783 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 17:47:46 »

I think I recalled really liking series 2, I'm sure it was 3, maybe 4 - I'm not entirely sure - where I became very bored.

I'm not sure why, but I've been about half way through series 5 for about 6 months, I just stopped watching it without reason. I should finish it soon really.

I'm in the minority that thinks The Wire wasn't as good as everyone claims. It's ok and better than a lot of stuff on TV but when I'd finished it I felt the same as I did with most HBO dramas. There is little character development and you're basically watching their daily life over a few years and you can sum up the entire show in a sentence - some cops going after some drug dealers. There is no real story and no beginning or end.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 17:51:13 »

'the fuck did I do?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 19:40:13 »

Dynamo...new series on Watch......brilliant as ever.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #633 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 22:16:20 »

Currently watching the newsroom on sky Atlantic. It's actually quite good, paced quite well and keeps you held quite well.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 23:11:48 »

Currently watching the newsroom on sky Atlantic. It's actually quite good, paced quite well and keeps you held quite well.

Its had quite average reviews but its Aaron Sorkin so it must be good? must remember to download it.

/
W56196272
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:56:48 »

I just watched The Newsroom on Sky Anytime+ and thought it was excellent. I'll be putting the rest in my planner.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:01:44 »

I'm on the second series of Breaking Bad. I have to admit that I'm finding it a little tiresome and predictable.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:08:24 »

I'm on the second series of Breaking Bad. I have to admit that I'm finding it a little tiresome and predictable.

Worth perservering with.  Season 4 is brilliant

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:29:32 »

Have you wanted to slap his wife yet? Don't think i've ever come across a more irritating tv character before.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:37:38 »

Have you wanted to slap his wife yet? Don't think i've ever come across a more irritating tv character before.

Definitely one for the "birds you would, but really shouldn't" thread.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:57:27 »

I'm in the minority that thinks The Wire wasn't as good as everyone claims. It's ok and better than a lot of stuff on TV but when I'd finished it I felt the same as I did with most HBO dramas. There is little character development and you're basically watching their daily life over a few years and you can sum up the entire show in a sentence - some cops going after some drug dealers. There is no real story and no beginning or end.

Are you kidding me on? I don't think you've quite picked up on the show if you haven't seen any character development. Prez, Bodie, Stringer, and Michael some glaring examples of it.

The point of the program isn't the daily life of a baltimore detective, it's the corruption & depth of city life in Baltimore.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:15:43 »

Just watched the webisodes of The Walking Dead, 5 shorts that show how the woman that Rick kills in the first episode comes to being a mangled torso crawling across a field.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:36:11 »

Worth perservering with.  Season 4 is brilliant

I will do. I had the same feeling about season 2 of Six Feet Under and nearly gave up watching it but it improved immensely, the hype surrounding Breaking Bad can't be wrong...

Are you kidding me on? I don't think you've quite picked up on the show if you haven't seen any character development. Prez, Bodie, Stringer, and Michael some glaring examples of it.

The point of the program isn't the daily life of a baltimore detective, it's the corruption & depth of city life in Baltimore.

Exactly this.

I was going to post something similar but didn't have the appetite for a debate with jonny.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:25:41 »

They started off criminals or cops and ended the same. Sure stuff happens but come the end of it everything is pretty much back where it started. Not saying it makes it a bad show but it's not something I can get too excited about. Think it becomes a lot more noticeable when you watch the entire thing back to back in a short space of time, which I did.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:40:23 »

They started off criminals or cops and ended the same. Sure stuff happens but come the end of it everything is pretty much back where it started. Not saying it makes it a bad show but it's not something I can get too excited about. Think it becomes a lot more noticeable when you watch the entire thing back to back in a short space of time, which I did.
Pretty big point of the show, that as much as mayors, police heads etc say there's going to be change, nothing ever changes. Highlights the struggle the lower level cops (McNulty, Daniels etc) have when trying to make a difference.

Having every character go from drug dealer to born again great guy isn't realistic, so isn't in the show.

Look at Omar's character for example. Absolute nutcase on the street, seemingly not afraid of death, then shows his other side, flaming homosexual who cares about his partner(s) and shows a crazy level of emotion.

If you like simplistic stuff, very easy to spot 'character development' and obvious themes/messages, I'd stick to E4 etc. They have plenty of garbage that cater for folk who like that sort of tv.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: