Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191563 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 15, 2011, 21:08:52 »

Dunno, watch it and find out
woolster

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 15, 2011, 21:18:16 »

Dunno, watch it and find out
oooooooooooooooooohhhh, only asking
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 08:45:06 »

Walking Dead series 2 starts in the U.S tonight. Friday for us on FX.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 10:29:40 »

This starts again thursday,dont know if it will be tosh or good........have to watch it and find out.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:25:33 »

fresh meat is ok, worth a watch. Looking forward to the walking dead. Currently watching season 7 of Criminal Minds, Season 2 of boardwalk empire and season 8 of Greys anatomy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:40:57 »

recorded the hunt for tony blair last night, is it any good Hmmm
yarp. I enjoyed it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:42:23 »

I'm enjoying The Fades, Strikeback: Project Dawn and my guilty pleasure Warehouse 13.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:44:16 »

The new series of it's always sunny in philadelphia is possibly the greatest ever

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 14:02:13 »

I'm enjoying The Fades, Strikeback: Project Dawn and my guilty pleasure Warehouse 13.

The first Strikeback series was a bit rubbish (I don't know how they managed to move away from the book so much, when there was no need for it), so I gave the second a miss. Seems I was too quick to judge.

I watched the first season of Warehouse 13 and quietly enjoyed it. I did like the cop bird though, so that makes it easier! It was like the first season of Leverage, in that I wasn't sure why I watched it, but strangely found myself drawn to it - it was utter rubbish though. Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 14:52:21 »

The first Strikeback series was a bit rubbish (I don't know how they managed to move away from the book so much, when there was no need for it), so I gave the second a miss. Seems I was too quick to judge.

I find it unrealistic nonsense, but its good fun. A bit like Spooks used to be. But I also liked the first series - they kind of sexed this one up in comparison but I'm guessing you may not like it still.

I watched the first season of Warehouse 13 and quietly enjoyed it. I did like the cop bird though, so that makes it easier! It was like the first season of Leverage, in that I wasn't sure why I watched it, but strangely found myself drawn to it - it was utter rubbish though. Smiley

Its still is utter rubbish, but I can't help myself. Its really a family show but I'm the only one who watches it in our family. And the cop bird, mmmmmmmmmm (in a good way)
Barry Scott

« Reply #145 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 17:03:20 »

I find it unrealistic nonsense, but its good fun. A bit like Spooks used to be. But I also liked the first series - they kind of sexed this one up in comparison but I'm guessing you may not like it still.

Its still is utter rubbish, but I can't help myself. Its really a family show but I'm the only one who watches it in our family. And the cop bird, mmmmmmmmmm (in a good way)

We're on the same page then! She's got something about her!

Re: Strikeback. To be honest, I think having read the book the first series was based on might have ruined it. As we all know, most books tend to be better than the film (series in this case). Unfortunately they made a series based in one of his worst books and then changed one of the better parts of the story for no obvious reason. Watchman would've made a good series.
Barry Scott

« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 06:24:27 »

Guilty pleasures again, I watch Destination Truth quite often. And not when it's on, but on Sky+... That's brainless tripe fo sho.
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 17:12:34 »

Don't know how I missed it first time around but watching the Sopranos on Sky Atlantic and loving it. Up to the end of series 3 and may buy boxsets for 4 onwards as waiting for each new episode on a Wednesday takes ages. Didn't watch it originally as I figured it would be like A team with noone getting whacked etc. but its pretty full on to be fair. Probably a few other US shows I have dodged that are worth a go.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 06:26:28 »

Don't know how I missed it first time around but watching the Sopranos on Sky Atlantic and loving it. Up to the end of series 3 and may buy boxsets for 4 onwards as waiting for each new episode on a Wednesday takes ages. Didn't watch it originally as I figured it would be like A team with noone getting whacked etc. but its pretty full on to be fair. Probably a few other US shows I have dodged that are worth a go.

The Sopranos is fantastic tv, watched them all originally and watching them all again on Sky. The only disappointment for me was the final ever episode, which seemed a massive anti-climax.

The only other series I make sure I record at the moment is Boardwalk Empire, also on Sky Atlantic, another great US export.

It's All Good..............
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 09:56:31 »

The Sopranos is stunning but I do think it sags in the middle. Two of the season mirror each other too closely in terms of the main threat - Ritchie and Ralphie is it? And Tony's horse. They felt like what they were, extra seasons bolted onto the three-part narrative to satisfy the networks and Chase's wallet. I liked the ending though. It had to be ambivalent, or Scarface.

On balance it has dated and looks very soapy next to The Wire.

I'm also going to mention Homicide: Life on the Street which also looks pretty safe now but gave us David Simon and lots of the things The Wire would build on - naturalistic dialogue, wobbly cam, and genuinely morally ambivalent cops and robbers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: