Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1199886 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4215 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 06:34:37 »

In my skin on Iplayer is very good. About a south wales schoolgirl with a sectioned Mum and an alcoholic hells angel dad. It's sort of advertised as a comedy, it isn't, but very watchable.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4216 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 09:59:37 »

Watched the first 3 episodes of Upload on Amazon last night, its kept me interested for three episodes so must be OK!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4217 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:49:50 »

Never been a fan of sport documentaries. The Man City Amazon one never really interested me or non of the others but i've been watching "The Last Dance" on Netflix and its been brilliant. Even if you are not a Basketball fan, this is worth watching. It basically tells the story of Michael Jordan and his rise to stardom with the Chicago Bulls. It also follows some of his team mates such as Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4218 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:06:22 »

I've started watching don't fuck with cats. I'm well behind other people but it looks like its going to be properly interesting.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4219 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:35:16 »

Never been a fan of sport documentaries. The Man City Amazon one never really interested me or non of the others but i've been watching "The Last Dance" on Netflix and its been brilliant. Even if you are not a Basketball fan, this is worth watching. It basically tells the story of Michael Jordan and his rise to stardom with the Chicago Bulls. It also follows some of his team mates such as Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman.
It really is a good watch, like you said it is about the whole team but does have a Michael Jordan centre to it, i found the interviews with Phil Jackson and the GM really interesting as well.
It was really interesting showing the Scottie Pippen situation as well, that would never happen now.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4220 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:50:02 »

It really is a good watch, like you said it is about the whole team but does have a Michael Jordan centre to it, i found the interviews with Phil Jackson and the GM really interesting as well.
It was really interesting showing the Scottie Pippen situation as well, that would never happen now.
I think as a whole it shows what merchandising and sponsorship can do to the popularity of a team/player.

Not a lot of people know that the Bulls success only lasted 8 or so years, before them there was the Celtics, Lakers and Pistons who had equally a talented players in Magic Johnson, Abdul-Jabbar (not really mentioned), Larry Bird, Dennis Rodman to name a few.
After that you had the Lakers again with the emergence of Kobe Bryan and Big Shaq.
Infact, when it comes to number of championships, Celtics and Lakers are streets ahead of the Bulls

It's pretty much down to the Nike/Air Jordans colab that really paved the way for Michael Jordan to rise to the top of greatness and for Chicago Bulls to become one of the most popular teams in NBA history.

I read somewhere that MJ has a net worth of over $2bn yet only earned around $100m playing basketball.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:55:32 by Chubbs » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4221 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 08:07:50 »

Whilst waiting for the next episode of "The Last Dance" i thought i'd give "Man City, All or Nothing" a go. Once again, really enjoying i and a great insight into the cogs of a football club. Also giving me a little bit of a football fix.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4222 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:42:59 »

Just coming to the end of Homeland Series 6 - all series watched during lockdown!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4223 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:46:12 »

Just coming to the end of Homeland Series 6 - all series watched during lockdown!

I'm thinking of going back to the start of Homeland and watching through to the end. I've been told the current (and final) series is back to form.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4224 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 10:11:44 »

I’ve enjoyed all the series. 6 was a bit of a slow burner - more intrigue than action - but it’s building up well.

Dar Adal looks just like I imagine an earthbound Satan to look.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4225 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 12:05:42 »

I watched the final ever episode of this last night, and I'm not giving anything away by saying that I felt it came to a strong and satisfying conclusion.  If you have enjoyed up to season 6, you will enjoy the rest of your viewing to completion for sure.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4226 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 12:45:11 »

For me the later series never got close to the Brodie years, entertaining although pretty unbelievable storyline.

Having said that the last series was very good I thought

Ignore
« Reply #4227 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 12:21:58 »

Normal people. Disappointing. Stuck with it but wasn't worth it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4228 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 12:29:09 »

Normal people. Disappointing. Stuck with it but wasn't worth it.
I feel the same about Ozark.

1st Series was ok, watchable but I am halfway through series 2 and I just cant be bothered with it TBH, its not holding my attention so I am not spending any more time on it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4229 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 12:29:40 »

I enjoyed all of Homeland, but I don’t think I have ever disliked a character as much as I do Carrie Mathison.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: