Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191508 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:38:06 »

Generation Kill was very good (mini series)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:42:51 »

I'm with JFW and Barry on this one...  It was impossible not to get a warm fuzzy feeling about the big happy guy with the big curly afro...   Maybe those that feel uncomfortable about the whole thing should just watch his part, I don't think that you can feel uncomfortable whatching that guy deal with the situation he was in and celebrating with his dad at the end when he had achieved getting a new girlfriend.

Agreed it's a great watch, if you approach it in the right mind ie not in a piss taking manner. I think it's a good way of seeing that no matter the issue they're just wanting the same thing as most people. That tall chap finally striking it lucky was brilliant. As was Michael kicking the 'can we just be friends' girl to the kerb, in a refreshingly honest way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2177 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:47:05 »

Agreed it's a great watch, if you approach it in the right mind ie not in a piss taking manner. I think it's a good way of seeing that no matter the issue they're just wanting the same thing as most people. That tall chap finally striking it lucky was brilliant. As was Michael kicking the 'can we just be friends' girl to the kerb, in a refreshingly honest way.

I agree, it can be heartwarming and I don't say that lightly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:49:32 »

As I can't get bootlegs cheap out here, I've recently bought a few new series, namely...

Arrested development
The blacklist
Band of brothers
Justified
Mad men
And the first series of it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Is there anything that's conspicuous by it's absence, for the next time I go shopping? I've already seen....

The wire
Breaking bad
Game of thrones
The shield
The sopranos
The killing
Homeland
True detective (if anyone hasn't seen this, check it out as it doesn't seem to be so widely known)

Off the top of my head...

House of Cards
Orange is the new Black
Sons of Anarchy (just for fun)
Dexter

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2179 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:53:32 »

You seen Romanzo Criminale yet Amir? The series?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2180 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:57:49 »

Vikings is very good.
Amir

« Reply #2181 on: Saturday, January 31, 2015, 13:25:18 »

Cheers, all. I like the look of House of Cards, and I've already seen Orange Is The New Black. There used to be adverts all the time for Dexter on AXN and they put me off for some reason, might give it a go.

Jan, I've seen the film, which I didn't really enjoy tbh, but the series looks to be more highly rated. Maybe the opposite of City of God, where the tv shows were shiiiiite! I'll have a look at streaming that one, won't be able to buy it I shouldn't think.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: Sunday, February 1, 2015, 23:01:23 »

Hannibal is good?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 21:00:16 »

There is a programme about to start o ITV featuring car crashes caught on dashcams. I mention it due to the topicality on here.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 21:48:22 »

I'm getting a dash cam
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2185 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 22:15:35 »

As I can't get bootlegs cheap out here, I've recently bought a few new series, namely...

Arrested development
The blacklist
Band of brothers
Justified
Mad men
And the first series of it's always sunny in Philadelphia.

Is there anything that's conspicuous by it's absence, for the next time I go shopping? I've already seen....

The wire
Breaking bad
Game of thrones
The shield
The sopranos
The killing
Homeland
True detective (if anyone hasn't seen this, check it out as it doesn't seem to be so widely known)
Prison Break

Ignore
« Reply #2186 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:57:24 »

Gp's behind closed doors. There are some seriously fucked up people in this nation of ours. That's all I can say.

Car crash Britain was something I could relate with. The guy in the lorry calling drivers dickheads after they continually cut him up reminded me of what i have to deal with daily.
The programme was wrong about accidents going down though. They are up for the first time in 20 years with more injured and killed. Thank the Tories cutting traffic police for that.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2015, 13:33:52 by arriba » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2187 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:26:32 »

Better Call Saul, the Breaking Bad spin off, has landed on Netflix. The first episode was quite slow, as you'd expect, due to introducing new characters and the back story. The second was much better and it looks like being a must watch for me.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2188 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:29:02 »

Better Call Saul, the Breaking Bad spin off, has landed on Netflix. The first episode was quite slow, as you'd expect, due to introducing new characters and the back story. The second was much better and it looks like being a must watch for me.
Gonna watch the first 2 of these tonight...I remain hopeful.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2189 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:32:39 »

I fear this is going to be shite.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: