Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: aWin1.com  (Read 13522 times)
chalkies_shorts

« on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:10:12 »

When I try and open a link from one website to another its very hit and miss. For example, if  I try and open the Pc World website via Nectar to collect points it won't open it and it looksl ike it takes me to aWin1.com which is just a blank page. I'm pretty sure its something to do with Kaspersky but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help - its a real pain in the arse. I can open up Pc World in a different tab but then it doesn't link back to the Nectar site and points lost.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:16:43 »

Sounds a bit odd, never had Kaspersky redirect me before nor would I expect it to (I guess you mean  it may be blocking awin1.com though).

I assume awin1.com isn't somewhere you should genuinely be taken to.

Suggest runnung adaware and malwarebytes (both free) to make sure you've not been hijacked.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:58:39 »

Strangely enough I get the same when I go via Nectar on my work pc and we use Kapersky. However at home I have AVG and it works fine.

Sounds like Kapesky is the culprit.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:41:18 »

I think awin1.com is actually a legitimate site and is used for tracking affiliate click throughs. I'd guess the click through works by redirecting you to awin1.com which tracks it and then redirects you to the correct website - sounds like Kapersky is blocking the final part.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:43:47 »

Possible fix from another forum....

Go in to the Kapersky anti-banner settings and add awin1.com to the allowed url list.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:44:13 »

You need to add the website to the whitelist in Kaspersky
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 20:07:55 »

Under the anti banner options I've added awin1.com url to the list of allowed urls but it doesn't change a thing.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 20:48:26 »

Under the anti banner options I've added awin1.com url to the list of allowed urls but it doesn't change a thing.

Have you rebooted since?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: