Author Topic: Flint  (Read 10936 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:24:22 »

He's got the potential to be the new Shaun Taylor
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:42:02 »

he also really seems to care about swindon. The way he celebrates goals and shouts at other players. He is becoming my new fav player

agree with this, love the shout to the camera during the mass celebration of one of Connells goals yesterday
dell returns

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 18:49:28 »

Pretty sure young Flint will improve, luckily for us he is playing in a passing team under this managment, as he gains more match time experience his distribution will also improve. He is a real danger in the opponents box as well. Good lad.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:09:48 »

I still think Devera may come good. There is no rational explanation for this feeling, to say he's been disappointing is somewhat of an understatement.

But the fact is he's played at this level for several seasons, winning player of the year twice. Now Barnet's fans idea of a good player may be different from ours - but I don't think its so different. There must be a lot more in him than we have seen. Surely?
Wasn't Devera a right-back for Barnet?
Coca Fola

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:11:07 »

No he was left back

In the changing rooms. SORRY
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 19:27:06 »

I think Kennedy's more aimless and hoofy than flint because at other times this season he's been fairly good with the ball. I liked Cibocchi yesterday, but I still think Commazzi will become the leader we expect. He's most certainly got better distribution than any other CB at the club.

I think with Cibocchi at LB and Commazzi and Flint at CB we'll be far improved.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 20:24:13 »

Did notice yesterday that Flints passing was not great but as mentioned haven't really noticed this before. Most of the time he heads the ball further than most people could kick it so a bit of work on his head passes and it's sorted !
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 21:10:52 »

I think that Flint's distribution has been poor all season.  Even his headers which are generally strong are often wayward. However, as has been said he's a young lad with only 9 league games under his belt, and has been immense at this level.  OK, he's not yet developed the complete game that would make him a championship level player but assuming he's hungry to learn and improve he has massive potential and will be a great strength to us this season. 
Certainly one of Danny Wilson's better decisions of the 10-11 season.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 23:31:52 »

He's ace and if we get less than a million for him when the times comes, I'll be fucking irate.
Coca Fola

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 23:33:52 »

He's good for this level but his poor distibution won't see him get higher than League 1 in my opinion. The only part of his game lacking is distribution and that turn of pace.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 16:03:54 »

I think that Flint's distribution has been poor all season.  Even his headers which are generally strong are often wayward. However, as has been said he's a young lad with only 9 league games under his belt, and has been immense at this level.  OK, he's not yet developed the complete game that would make him a championship level player but assuming he's hungry to learn and improve he has massive potential and will be a great strength to us this season. 
Certainly one of Danny Wilson's better decisions of the 10-11 season.

Have to remember that this is dog shit league 2 and a thundering header out of trouble is more than enough to get by.  Hopefully he will improve...i reckon he has two hearts.

Clems Army!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 16:35:54 »

Or get him a decent partner! Agree about the comments on his distribution, could do with some work, but not too much of a worry with his overall performances so far this season.

I agree, getting an older head next to him at telling him waht to do and when will help him.

He has had a great start winning most things in the air, but his positional play is also poor.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 14:10:19 »

Wil miss game southend injured. No
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 14:11:25 »

Fuck sake.

Can we recall Will Evans early from his loan?
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 14:15:36 »

Caddis can play CB.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: