Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flint  (Read 10934 times)
lazyboy

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 15:35:21 »

I know hes had a good start to the season, but having seen him most of the season, yesterday and also watched the game again when I got home, but does anyone else think his distribution of the ball has been pretty crap even for this level.
Most of the time he just hoofs it, and when he does try and pass it very rarely finds its target. If he could improve on this he will play at a higher level

Not having a go, just an observation
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 15:42:59 »

It's a fair observation. He makes some very good passes at times, very poor ones at others. Hopefully he'll get better at this with experience.

He has been brilliant in almost all other aspects of his game though. We just need to sort out how to best use him in defending set pieces.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 15:58:56 »

Or get him a decent partner! Agree about the comments on his distribution, could do with some work, but not too much of a worry with his overall performances so far this season.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 15:59:51 »

Not sure why he let Revell have a free header for the 1st yesterday, looked to me like he could have had that ball.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:00:05 »

Can't say I've really noticed it. If the midfield were doing their job it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Surely can't be as bad as Kennedy's aimless hoofing down the line?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:02:06 »

It's certainly not to Ifil's level.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:02:23 »

Surely can't be as bad as Kennedy's aimless hoofing down the line?

That is a problem. I thought Cibbochi looked decent yesterday, he looked good on the ball. Cant judge him on 10 minutes of football, could be a pile of shit for all we know, but I can see him becoming our number one left back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:04:07 »

That is a problem. I thought Cibbochi looked decent yesterday, he looked good on the ball. Cant judge him on 10 minutes of football, could be a pile of shit for all we know, but I can see him becoming our number one left back.

From the ten minutes at the end, he looked better than either of our alternative centreback partners for Flint as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:06:15 »

His distribution is awful, but so is a lot of center-backs. He also needs to start marking the oppositions most dangerous strikers and not their center-backs.
Dozno9

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:24:59 »

Very vocal and attacks the ball well without doubt. He does pass the ball like he's wearing wellies but compared to some we've had he's Beckham.

I do agree with the comment that the 1st goal was a bit of a gift from him but he's done superb so far.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:26:11 »

Flint has been an unbelievable bonus for us this season.

Without his fantastic MOM performance on opening day I dont think we would have beaten Crewe.

The bloke is a defender, yes he hoofs it. So what? The important thing is he clears the danger.

Needs a partner. Shame we didnt try to keep Cuthbert, but he would probably have gone anyway.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:37:42 »

He's a young lad playing at this level for the first time. Given the fact that he's had a completely useless cunt behind him and what he's had alongside him has been pretty shite, he's been an absolute star. Maybe if he wasn't the totallity of our defence he might be able to concentrate on his own game. We need to nurture this guy as he could well be something special with a few more games under his belt and being part of a decent defence.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:47:11 »

I still think Devera may come good. There is no rational explanation for this feeling, to say he's been disappointing is somewhat of an understatement.

But the fact is he's played at this level for several seasons, winning player of the year twice. Now Barnet's fans idea of a good player may be different from ours - but I don't think its so different. There must be a lot more in him than we have seen. Surely?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 16:56:29 »

Passing was poor yesterday but havn't really noticed it before. Probably a bit nervous yesterday aswell to be honest.Make no mistake though he is going to be a great player if he carries on his progression at this rate.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 17:22:58 »

he also really seems to care about swindon. The way he celebrates goals and shouts at other players. He is becoming my new fav player
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: