Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 56104 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 14:16:35 »

I'm surprised they haven't appealed against Commazi's sending off
Petty

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 14:19:57 »

They cant as ut was 2 yellow cards
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 14:31:09 »

Crap rule that, refs mistake has still resulted in a red so can't see the difference. Never beat the FA !
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 15:39:08 »

Crap rule that, refs mistake has still resulted in a red so can't see the difference. Never beat the FA !

Completely agree with you mate, fuck off tans.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 15:40:58 »

Was Tans the ref  Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 21:40:08 »

My concern is that arriba won't be here to start the matchday thread on Saturday.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 22:48:00 »

My concern is that arriba won't be here to start the matchday thread on Saturday.

I started the one for the crewe match,
Is it my turn again?

Coca Fola

« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 22:50:03 »

My record is 1 started, 1 drawn. I won't be starting one then.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 06:19:55 »

I'm saving myself for better days!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 08:29:38 »

I've been away so only just watched the game through the miracle of Sky+

I would echo the general sentiment that it was a very encouraging performance. We played some nice football and should win a lot more than we lose this season.

That 'win more than we lose' process could of course be hindered somewhat if we continue to defend set pieces as badly as we have been doing. This is clearly a coaching issue and look forward to seeing evidence of it having been addressed this afternoon.

A few things that struck me about the game:

Astonishing moment #1. Ritchie's miss. I'm not going to cane the guy because he is a class act who is way better than L2 and it didn't affect the result. That said, that was worth a WTF!!??!!**@@

Astonishing moment #2 Comazzi's first yellow.

Astonishing moment #3 Comazzi's second yellow. Have a fucking word with yourself ref.

Astonishing moment #4 Kerrouche's miss after their keeper went all 'Nicky Hammond' on us.

On the subject of the latter, I have to admit to being a fully paid up member of the Kerrouche fan club. I love his attitude and his style of play. It is extremely refreshing. [humble pie]I had consigned him to being a squad/bit part player on the basis of a Youtube clip. The rationale being that You Tube clips tend to make average players look brilliant. In my opinion, even in his You Tube clip he only looked average therefore the real thing must be rather less than average. Note so self: Don't take any notice of fucking Youtube clips. Only judge a player on what he does on a Town shirt. Nothing else matters[/humble pie]. Others take note!

Other observations:

Lanzano - I find it very hard to trust a GK who wears a short sleeved shirt. It brings back too many memories of Fabien Barthez. Prove me wrong son, prove me wrong. Better still, chuck that number you hacked off at the elbow, go and see the kit man and ask him nicely for new, long sleeved shirt.

Magera - I think that once he gets his fitness levels up he will prove to be a class act who get us goals at this level. Some of which, might even be Fjortoft-esque, if that volley/half volley which smacked against the post is anything to go by. Showed good signs of linking up with Kerrouche as well.

Andy Scott - You pathetic fucking wanker. I'm saying no more than that.

Prior to this game there had been rumours of Di Canio having lost the dressing room which I admit I gave some credence to. This performance and the reaction to the goals proves to me that they are just that - rumours, and nothing more.

Yes, we are a work in progress but we are definitely on the right track.

Oh yes, astonishing moment #5. Did Di Canio actually hug the fourth official after our third goal?  Yes, I've just re-watched it. He did indeed. The guy's nuts Cool

All in all that made for pretty pleasant viewing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #535 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 09:46:20 »

Agree about Kerrrooooooooshh. Loads of hunger and aggression. Great to watch.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 09:50:18 »

kerrooooosh reminds me of christian roberts, especially the way he fizzes his crosses in
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 10:34:28 »

That's another thing. Absolutely terrific delivery. It looks simple but we've not had many players over the years who can do it to that standard.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 11:36:18 »

kerrooooosh reminds me of christian roberts, especially the way he fizzes his crosses in

Me too. Except less drunk and a bit more aggressive.

Having said that, despite despising Cardiff Roberts made me laugh by doing the ayatollah at the Jacks. I guess that could be seen as aggressive/stupid Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 06:30:17 »

Swindon v Rotherham was the forth most watched program on Sky sports 2 according to BARB, with 202, 000 viewers. That's the 9th most watched program across all of Sky Sports for the week (excluding Sky Sports News).

That's not bad . By comparison WALES V MONTENEGRO on Friday night got 174, 000 viewers, soccer AM 155K.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: