Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 57158 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 10:26:19 »

Another great quote from Connell in that article though:

I would not go quite as far as goalscorer Alan Connell, who said, "When the County Ground's buzzing like that, I don't think there is any better place to be,"

yes, but did you see his and MR's reaction after saying that...both pissed themselves, it was obviously a set up, in joke or something...
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 10:54:21 »

yes, but did you see his and MR's reaction after saying that...both pissed themselves, it was obviously a set up, in joke or something...

They laughed but don't think it was a pi** take per se, think he was trying to be geuine but clearly trying to say the right things. He was loved up at Grimbsby and dealt with the whole transfer like a true gent, thanking the fans, explaining his decision, definately one of the good guys. As for the guardian article we seem to be getting a bit of stick and labelled a tin pot club at the minute. I usually love to Guardian footy podcast with James Richardson but they've been giving Di Canio and us a bit of a rough ride when it's come up. Usual stuff of, oh must be hard for him with Swindon's money problems and stuff.
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 12:04:41 »

Ah right! No, I was at the game and not watched any of the tv footgae yet so was just going on that Guardian quote
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 16:12:46 »

I didn't see anything in the Guardian article to get annoyed about. Some of the comments however were pathetic.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 16:36:01 »

I usually enjoy reading Guardian articles but that was a pile of horses*it, I'm fed up of how we're viewed by the mainstream press.

Martin Kelner, always takes the piss out of any subject he writes about...which includes himself, which is why he can get away with it.
Spencer_White

« Reply #500 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 16:52:09 »

I think it was probably a joke on himself, Alan Connell being 'Mr Positive' all the time. I laughed.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 17:11:09 »

I didn't see anything in the Guardian article to get annoyed about. Some of the comments however were pathetic.

Fuck me, just read them, ypu aint wrong baldrick
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 18:42:00 »

Just read on the BBC that Conrad Logan is to have surgery on his broken nose and smashed teeth, apparently some of his teeth were either missing or out of place. Surely their sponge man would of seen how bad it was and still can't understand why he carried on.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 18:48:16 »

What was more bizarre was Mr. Andy Scott of Rotherham's suggestion post-match that Conrad Logan's injury was the fault of Swindon Town the 'Paolo Di Canio Show'.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 19:03:53 »

I thought when watching it back, When the camera was on Logan after he was patched up he seemed to tell one of his centre backs to do Magera, maybe he thought it was our player who left an elbow in. It then ties in with what Scott says after the game ?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 21:31:16 »

I thought that Guardian piece summed things up quite well. The final paragraph seemed a bit unnecesary.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 21:33:07 »

Just read on the BBC that Conrad Logan is to have surgery on his broken nose and smashed teeth, apparently some of his teeth were either missing or out of place. Surely their sponge man would of seen how bad it was and still can't understand why he carried on.

It was Kerrouche that challenged the keeper...
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 21:41:30 »

Your right Jb It was Kerrouche not Magera .my lad reckons Logan is moaning at his defenders but to me it looks as if he is telling his defender to sort out one of our players.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 21:45:58 »

Your right Jb It was Kerrouche not Magera .my lad reckons Logan is moaning at his defenders but to me it looks as if he is telling his defender to sort out one of our players.

Dirty tactics ha. To me it looked like their defender collided with the keeper, couldn't really tell though to be fair.

Surprised he carried on if he was swallowing bits of his teeth!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, September 5, 2011, 21:57:03 »

Kerrouche went up with a defender, they made contact as they jumped and the defender clattered into the keeper. Nobody's fault, just one of those things.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: