Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC - The story so far  (Read 15629 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 14:30:30 »

I think things are shaping up as many predicted.

An initial few months where we were completely inconsistent and a slight circus.  Things are now settling down and were starting to see the results of a slightly more settled team and manager. 

A few points off the cuff.

Once things settled I wasn’t expecting quite so many of the foreign players to be outside the starting 11 and it is a concern we have almost a second 11 of foreign players doing nowt
Concerned about the dependency of loan players aka our playoff season under Wilson
Squad is way too big

Otherwise everything is going according to plan and what an enjoyable plan i is.

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 15:42:29 »

Well it was never going to be a dull season and i can`t see it changing in anyway. I believe Di Canio has been given a free rein by the board to do whatever it takes to get us out of this divison. It`s shit or bust season, at the moment its just about working out, in fact the last month has seen it all coming together and I think it will be play offs for us and then promotion. Second guessing what his plans is impossible as I dont think he really knows...foreign signings major disappointment and as has been pointed out Flint wasn`t one of his ideas...

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 15:52:53 »

di Canio, as was always likely, has made some mistakes....nevertheless he's shown signs of having learned from them.

It's fairly obvious that we've too many players, who look a bit marginal, and essentially are draining funds....that needs to be addressed and has the potential to be a major problem.

In some ways a patchy start is better for us, because if we'd started like a Wise/Poyet train, then who knows what predators might have started sniffing blood.

A while back, I said we needed to go on something like a 10/12 game unbeaten run.....we've managed 5...over the next 7 or so games we'll have played everybody once....this will provide a much clearer idea, of where we're at.   So at the moment, OK, but nothing more.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 15:53:56 »

That's almost a ringing endorsement from you Reg.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 16:44:07 »

It`s shit or bust season,

That's my biggest concern. IF we don't do it this year has the budget gone.... Bit too early to be concerned with such things I suppose.

Anywho, PDC gets a C+ from me (but October gets an A-).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 19:08:19 »

We've certainly got a lot better over the past month or so. Our defence was our weakest aspect and we also needed a settled side to go with it. Di Canio has addressed these issues and with 4 clean sheets and a similar team sheet every week we've got ourselves an unbeaten run which is nice. There is some potential deadwood in the squad but the release of Atiku shows that this is being considered as well.

Top 7 at the moment and we're getting towards the half way mark soon so i'm pleased at the moment.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 09:49:10 »

There's an excellent interview with PDC in todays Independant.Reinforces the complexities and passion of the man but also dispells some of the myths about him,notably the racism claims levelled against him.Would be very surprised and disappointed if he was'nt here for the long haul and think it's more likely we're in for one hell of an adventure
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 11:10:47 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/paolo-di-canio-my-life-speaks-for-me-6273526.html

Thats the link for it.

I love Swindon

I enjoyed that bit the most I think..

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 11:38:25 »

"I love Swindon. OK, it's not a place where you can almost smell the history, like Rome or Florence. It's an industrial town. That may not seem 'cool' to some people, but it only makes me love Swindon more. You know why? Because the people here are proper people; people who work hard, often for low wages. And," Di Canio continues, "when Swindon people tell you something, you can trust them, because they mean it. They still have a lot of the values that we had in Italy back in the 1960s and 1970s. Don't misunderstand me. I still love my country. But I've cut the umbilical cord with Italy."

I do like those comments.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 11:41:17 »

that article is a good read....makes you think hes here for the long run

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 11:48:38 »

I agree. That was an excellent read and reinforces in my own mind that yesterday's comments were purely 'heat of the moment' and nothing more.

Di Canio was a unique player and is a unique manager.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 13:34:31 »

Cracking article.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 13:42:15 »

He makes me even more proud to be a Swindon fan.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 14:08:58 »

Just read it. I particularly like the comments about his plans for the winter solstice !!

« Last Edit: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 15:20:29 by Ralphy » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 14:53:03 »

Just read it. I particularly like the comments about his plans for the winter soltice !!

They missed off the bit about a giant wicker man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: