Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41580 times)
iffy

« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 19:02:30 »

"weren't ambitious enough" = "wouldn't pay Revell's agent"

I think there are a handful of clubs (at all levels) that have a high turnover of players and managers (Newcastle as the poster boys for this sort of club) because they are constantly being told by agents to be "more ambitious". This is the only sort of club that makes an agent rich.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 19:13:25 »

Those days are gone for Newcastle, they won't be spending big on players or wages anymore.

I come from a land down-under
Spencer_White

« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 20:00:43 »

On another note, how abysmal were the saints fans tonight?

Dunno, good numbers. They also gave a fantastic reception to all their players warming up, which the players seemed to genuinely apprieciate. I was near them, at one point we got a corner, as Lambert came out to warm up, and their cheer for him warming up was a lot louder than our fans for the corner. Which was fucking embaressing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 20:35:46 by Spencer_White » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 21:19:05 »

Dunno, good numbers. They also gave a fantastic reception to all their players warming up, which the players seemed to genuinely apprieciate. I was near them, at one point we got a corner, as Lambert came out to warm up, and their cheer for him warming up was a lot louder than our fans for the corner. Which was fucking embaressing.

I only heard them do that stupid yellow chant and a couple of others.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 21:33:16 »

Saints players last night reminded me of Leeds, above there station. Argued every decision and strutted about until we got our goal, they didnt look so confident and bet they hated having to waste time.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: