Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42164 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:18:35 »

Nothing  STFC related surprises me any more.

Not even a win Grin
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:19:54 »

What the girl who works in the bar just posted,
"Yea, I saw most of it, they were throwing chairs about and all!!

Say what you like about Hart, but at least under him all 11 of the club chairs would have been stacked tightly in formation against the back wall out of harms way!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:20:44 »

On another note, how abysmal were the saints fans tonight?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:21:35 »

Not even a win Grin

We aren't talking about the land of make believe.

Time for bed now. Longleat tomorrow Yipppe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:22:03 »

On another note, how abysmal were the saints fans tonight?
It's true, hardly a peep all night, but I'm not sure we're in a position to mock any aspect of any other club for any reason at all tonight!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:22:30 »

Say what you like about Hart, but at least under him all 11 of the club chairs would have been stacked tightly in formation against the back wall out of harms way!

He'd then claim three of the chairs were pushed against the front wall.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:28:01 »

And only left one chair at the front at kicking out time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:29:53 »

It's true, hardly a peep all night, but I'm not sure we're in a position to mock any aspect of any other club for any reason at all tonight!
Say what you like, we're the only UK club who can now claim to be multi discipline with our latest foray into the world of boxing
digby

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:43:15 »

Very disappointed with the first half. Saints were very impressive and totally controlled the game, we were chasing but just couldnt get hold of the ball ! When we did actually get it, gave away possession far too often with poor passing/wrong choices.

I thought Kennedy gave Holmes far too much space on the wing - he had plenty of time to control the ball and set off on his run before Kennedy got close, and it was no surprise when this resulted in their first goal  Angry

I thought substituting Connell after only 30 mins was a terrible decision - although he hadn't achieved much, he certainly chased around, but both strikers were totally starved of the ball and received no service at all, as we couldn't get hold of the ball/retain it. When he came off PDC totally ignored him and he looked very forlorn sat back on the bench.He changed into his suit at halftime !  What the hell will that do for his confidence - PDC, as an ex striker himself, must know that forwards in particular thrive on confidence.

Second half was much better, ball retention was much improved and we created a few good chances. A draw would have been more than we deserved overall, but for a while we did look capable of pushing it to extra time.

Flint was immense, again, and deserved man of the match.
Smith (midfield) lunges in far too often and will see red if he carries on.
Smith in goal looked very shaky and lacks confidence.
Thought Caddis and Ritchie both looked decent and worked hard, but they didnt find much space as Saints obviouslt saw Ritchie as a threat and closed him down well.

All in all, not the end of the world, as wont often come up against opposition as good as Saints.
But PDCs volatility and man management (or lack of it) are far more worrying  Hmmm

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:43:24 »

i have been a big supporter of pdc but you can't do that.Imagine if that was hart or wilson
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:46:20 »

The scoreline flattered us, Southampton should have had more, they had Mike Tyson up front he was fucking huge.

Di Canio has lost the dressing room I think, and having seen his spat with Clarke it's not good at all...don't think wray will get rid though, he's too far up paolos arse to even consider it.

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 23:47:49 »

Clarke is fucking crap anyway, must have taken a big pay cut for a reason

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 00:03:40 »

I thought Southampton were there for the taking. Our biggest mistake was the defence sitting far too deep. They were continually fucking about with the ball outside their area and you could see they were going to make mistakes. If the defence had pushed their line further forward it would have closed down the midfield and put them under more pressure.

Didn't think we played too badly overall and were beaten by a far better team on the night. Reckon we just need some more games for all the new players to gel and we'll have a good season, hopefully it will happen quickly enough for us to push for promotion.

My main concern is that we seem to have signed too many players of similar ability and are spoilt for choice in some positions. I'd have preferred us to have a few less players of higher quality instead as we have pissed away some of our salary cap on players we can't play and have no need for.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 00:09:08 »

ok, hands up, who's been amending the wiki site? According to that clarke is to terminate his contract by mutual consent, think i'll wait to hear from the CG tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Clarke
Coca Fola

« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 00:51:54 »

Can someone please tell me what Jonathan Smith contributes in midfield? I'm far from being a good judge of footballers but he's off the pace, slow, cumbersome, doesn't win headers despite his size, couldn't see a simple pass if it there were arrows drawn on the pitch in front of him, he dives into tackles with the same punctuality as the number 12 bus and I'll stop there.

I suppose he does "put himself about a bit" and is full of "heart"
He tries hard but is very limited. (Condensed)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: