Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42230 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:23:31 »

We'll lose. As long as we play well and continue to play more as a team, I'll be happy.
Muffin Man

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:29:57 »

The Southampton fans are notoriously arrogant when playing "smaller" teams like us, some of the posts about predictions here prove that even more.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=479&fid=224&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116493814

Swindon suffering 5 goal defeats seems the order of the day, some even predicting 6 goal defeats for us and one even thinking they will win by 7 goals!

I know we are on a pretty poor run but I think thats a bit over optimistic.

I fucking hope we can stuff this lot of fucknuts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:34:04 »

We'll lose. As long as we play well and continue to play more as a team, I'll be happy.

We're about due...not having lost at home to them for 48 years. 
fatbasher

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:34:13 »

Having witnessed some extreme swings in performances this season so far I will not be knobbed off with a loss tonight as long as we show we can play the type of football I saw against: Reading 1st half, Crewe 2nd Half, Oxford all game, City all Game and Shrewsbury 2nd half.

Anyone know Swindon Town Dave? Or likely to see him tonight? If so Tell him his old school chum has a Bristol City programe for him, TIA.

Regards

Fatbasher
iffy

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:46:59 »

Winnable, but unlikely to be pretty. A half-up-for-it Southampton team and a town team playing with a bit more discipline will cancel each other out. Clarke to scuff in a winner in 70-something minutes. The highlights reel will be about 30 seconds.
Bideford_Robin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:47:39 »

Deflated after witnessing the Shrews' game, but I predict we'll pull a sneeky 2-1 win tonight against a heavily depleted Saint's side. Listening to Graham Turner on Radio Shropshire on Saturday, and the experienced lower league mananger said our 1st half showing was the best he'd ever seen from a second division side. Room for optimism? The 2nd half capitulation baffled me but seemed strangely inevitable  Roll Eyes
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 15:47:56 »

We're about due...not having lost at home to them for 48 years. 
Oh fuck!I wish I'd known that before predicting a 2-1 win for us against a Saints side with enough fringe players to disrupt their fluent start to the season!Hope they are going to underestimate us then, I still think 2-1 to us.
Muffin Man

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 16:12:19 »

As Reg says the CG has not been a happy hunting ground for the Saints in my lifetime but it does depend on whether the team that they field will be up for it against a Town team that SHOULD be up for the battle after Saturday.

Many changes often mean a defeat for the so called "bigger clubs" in the League Cup as shown last week by a lot of teams from higher divisions playing fringe players against "up for it" lower league teams.

Watford, Barnsley, Coventry, Derby, Hull, Ipswich, Portsmouth, West Ham, Norwich, Shitty, QPR & Swansea all going out to lower league opposition after not fielding their strongest teams available to them so far in the 1st 2 rounds.

We have had a few great games against the Saints in the past at home, Most notable for me was the League Cup game in 1986 when they had Englands No.1 Peter Shilton in goal against us and we battered them from start to finish in a 0-0 draw with Shilton playing one of the best keeping performances I have ever seen at the CG.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 16:24:28 »

Just off to the County Hotel...for a few jars and then on to watch us win 3-1 Cheesy

UP THE TOWN.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:11:07 »

We have had a few great games against the Saints in the past at home, Most notable for me was the League Cup game in 1986 when they had Englands No.1 Peter Shilton in goal against us and we battered them from start to finish in a 0-0 draw with Shilton playing one of the best keeping performances I have ever seen at the CG.

Possibly the most one sided 0-0 in history....Kammy missed a pen as well. They were 3-0 up from the first leg, so we had little choice but to go for it...think we hit wood about 3 times as well.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:18:16 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Muffin Man

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:21:54 »

Possibly the most one sided 0-0 in history....Kammy missed a pen as well. They were 3-0 up from the first leg, so we had little choice but to go for it...think we hit wood about 3 times as well.

I remember us hitting the post and crossbar a few times bt i had totaly forgot about Kammy missing a penalty, I forgot he actually took them for us, did Shilts save it or was it off target? memory fails me on that but I agree that the game was so one sided, on any other day and without Shilton in goal it could easily have been 4 or 5-0.
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:22:23 »

Could do with any distraction from the league, so come on Swindon. In the hat.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:22:24 »

The last two seasons we've played they at home, and the Saints were lucky on both occasions to get nil, as Kelvin Davis kept them in both.

I can see us sneaking it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Coca Fola

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:27:46 »

1-1 draw with us winning on pens.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 17:27:52 »

Wray live on SSN

BAZINGA !!