Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42166 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:17:36 »

Good post MacPhlea. However, I still think all of this should have happened inside. Even if PDC was annoyed at Clarke's reluctance to have his arm round the shoulder, he should have waited to the dressing room to start pulling his shirt. I imagine much worse goes on every day, but behind closed doors.

The only complaint is that this went on in public and in front of the cameras.

I hope Clarke stays and, as you say, brings the side closer together. Judging from Gary Rose's tweet, it sounds unlikely.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:39:50 »

Think it's actually Ron Vibbentrop of Minehead Town...

Revell  Sad   couple of years back, not considered quite good enough for us....now we'd bite an agent's arm off for someone of his standard.

Let's hope the deal doesn't happen, because we know the likely outcome.

I remember a reserve game a few years back (Charlie Austin played in it) and I ended up sat next and talking to Alex Revells agent.

One of the things he said was as a club Swindon werent ambitions enough and would be going no where. He also said Brighton were willing to spend and it might take them a couple of years and a few different managers but they were going places.

I posted that on the TEF and everyone thought the agent was talking bollocks.

Quite.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:42:27 »

The only complaint is that this went on in public and in front of the cameras.

Agreed,  but sometimes shit happens and I don't for one moment believe that Di Canio expected Clarke to continue the spat with him -  Clarke should have taken the request from PDC to go down the tunnel as an order - no argument - if he had then we wouldn't be having this discussion... unless one of the players tweeted from the changing rooms Wink
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:52:49 »

I remember a reserve game a few years back (Charlie Austin played in it) and I ended up sat next and talking to Alex Revells agent.

One of the things he said was as a club Swindon werent ambitions enough and would be going no where. He also said Brighton were willing to spend and it might take them a couple of years and a few different managers but they were going places.

Quite.

Does help when you've got a lifelong fan of the club who finds himself with a few hundred million, willing to spend large chunks of it getting his club promoted though eh.

And in fairness this board have shown themselves willing to spend quite large sums, they've just spent it pretty fucking badly in the last couple of years.
Coca Fola

« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:02:30 »

Kennedy was gash.

At times Lee Holmes had the right hand side of the pitch to himself.

Calmed down now.
Is Kennedy still out there?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:08:07 »

If that boy ever learns defensive positional sense he going to be a really useful player.

At the moment his attacking skills are much more advanced than his defensive ones.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:10:05 »

Quite.

If you have a spare few mill to help improve the squad i'm sure the board can increase their ambitions DV.
Coca Fola

« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:15:40 »

If that boy ever learns defensive positional sense he going to be a really useful player.

At the moment his attacking skills are much more advanced than his defensive ones.

We should try him at LM sometime. He's too suspect at LB.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:19:17 »

Said this last night
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:24:44 »

He's certainly got a hell of a good delivery. Both Ritchie's goals have come from Kennedy's crosses I think.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 14:26:43 »

Think both Kennedy and Caddis are much better at going forward than in defence, trouble is at the moment we are being pegged back by teams for big parts of games so it stands out even more. Caddis worries me with his tackles in our box, should saints of had a pen 2nd half last night involving him, it looked a penalty from where I was. He looks exciting when running at defenders and Kennedy puts in some great crosses so there are plenty of plus sides to their game.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 16:46:23 »

For me we play to deep which means Caddis/Ritchie are having to run from non threatening positions.
When the players get forward we look dangerous but at present the attacking players in our team like Caddis/Ritchie and Esayes are always to far away from the oppsition's goal to much of the time,especially at home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 17:11:23 »

the only but I disagree with mcphLea is that pdc is somehow bring treated poorly because of his reputation.

no manager should air their dirty laundry in public

unless you mean extra attention by the media rather than the fans.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 18:50:34 »

unless you mean extra attention by the media rather than the fans.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he meant
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 18:55:29 »

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he meant

Aaaah right. In which case the seagulls will always follow the trawler...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: