Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41581 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:48:05 »

Looked to me like Kennedy underestimated Holmes and was giving him far to much room out wide, he seemed reluctant to push out and be closer to him so maybe that was his instructions, can't see why though. It may turn out to be a good bit of experience for him as not many 2nd div wingers will be as tricky.

Half the time he only came back out to mark Holmes when the fans were telling him to. He also seemed to remain oblivious to the fact that Holmes is left footed and would want to cut back inside. I quite like Kennedy, and hope he gets some help with his positional game from the coaches.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:49:15 »

We were outplayed by a very good team, first half we couldn't get near them.

We improved in the second half, showed a bit more intent going forward. I still think there could be a good team somewhere in the squad, just might take time to find it. Individual players did worry me last night, P Smith just looks a liability, I get nervous everytime the ball goes in the box, got to give Lanzano a start. I thought Kenedey had a good start to the season but now i'm not as confident with him as regular left back, he is extremley weak defensivley. J Smith offers absolutley nothing in midfield, apart from installing a fear of an iminenent red card, we have much better options.

Was out the ground before the Clarke-PDC spat but it's a shambles, makes us look an absolute joke. And what fantastic timing aswell with the sky cameras here on saturday, i'm sure they will make the most of it. I also think, from what I have seen of him so far, that Clarke has offered nothing at all. I can remember him winning 1 header last night.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:51:45 »

Yeah it was sort of funny/ painful watching him reacting to the shouts from the Arkells, " he's behind you " !
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:42:57 »

As you know I stay on the pitch a lot longer than your everyday supporter and to be honest it pisses me off that people come on here spouting off that they have seen or heard things that they clearly haven't or claim a friend saw or heard something and told them. If this was anyone but PDC the only person coming in for criticism would be Clarke and even then I think it would be wrong to crucify him for the incident.

Clarke was clearly upset for missing the opportunity that would have put us 2-2.  Now you can call it petulance or childish but clearly his legs had gone and felt it was hard training regime that was to blame.  Pic's view was that it was an excessively hard game and this was the reason for his tiredness - this was the 'disagreement'. To be honest I think it was a combination of the two. It would have been interesting to have seen how we coped with another 30 minutes of extra time had he scored.

PDC comes out to console Clarke and puts his arm around him but he is clearly upset and doesn't want any of it.  PDC tries to get him back to the changing room and it all kicks off in the tunnel - I've only seen what was on Sky so won't speculate on events down there. Clarke ends up coming back out.  Lots of discussions with various individuals including JWrey. Clarke gets changed down by the Stratton Bank and goes home.

Personally I I would be surprised if Clarke or PDC are gone today - ironically Clarke gave Di Canio 'the manager' the Di Canio 'the player' treatment and this is something PDC will have to learn to deal with if he wants his players to show heart.

This isn't a racist, fascist or bigoted view, and I am sure their are many italian supporters out there who may contradict this but having managed and worked with Italians I got a taste of their culture.  Their passion is at a level far exceeds our general apathetic version of it.  Additionally they are not afraid of entering personal space - I was shocked when I went to shake the hand of one my direct reports who I hadn't seen for a while and got the biggest bear hug I'd ever experienced.  Clarke didn't like Di Canio putting his hand on the back of his neck, but this is was merely a congratulatory/supportive action from PDC that was rejected and this appeared to upset PDC.

It is often this kind of incident that pulls a teams closer together but it will take PDC to clear the air with Clarke, sit down with the team and, if training sessions are deemed at fault, develop a plan that maintains/improves levels but doesn't leave us empty on match day.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:54:40 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:00:55 »

As you know I stay on the pitch a lot longer than your everyday supporter and to be honest it pisses me off that people come on here spouting off that they have seen or heard things that they clearly haven't or claim a friend saw or heard something and told them. If this was anyone but PDC the only person coming in for criticism would be Clarke and even then I think it would be wrong to crucify him for the incident.

Clarke was clearly upset for missing the opportunity that would have put us 2-2.  Now you can call it petulance or childish but clearly his legs had gone and felt it was hard training regime that was to blame.  Pic's view was that it was an excessively hard game and this was the reason for his tiredness - this was the 'disagreement'. To be honest I think it was a combination of the two. It would have been interesting to have seen how we coped with another 30 minutes of extra time had he scored.

PDC comes out to console Clarke and puts his arm around him but he is clearly upset and doesn't want any of it.  PDC tries to get him back to the changing room and it all kicks off in the tunnel - I've only seen what was on Sky so won't speculate on events down there. Clarke ends up coming back out.  Lots of discussions with various individuals including JWrey. Clarke gets changed down by the Stratton Bank and goes home.

Personally I I would be surprised if Clarke or PDC are gone today - ironically Clarke gave Di Canio 'the manager' the Di Canio 'the player' treatment and this is something PDC will have to learn to deal with if he wants his players to show heart.

This isn't a racist, fascist or bigoted view, and I am sure their are many italian supporters out there who may contradict this but having managed and worked with Italians I got a taste of their culture.  Their passion is at a level far exceeds our general apathetic version of it.  Additionally they are not afraid of entering personal space - I was shocked when I went to shake the hand of one my direct reports who I hadn't seen for a while and got the biggest bear hug I'd ever experienced.  Clarke didn't like Di Canio putting his hand on the back of his neck, but this is was merely a congratulatory/supportive action from PDC that was rejected and this appeared to upset PDC.

It is often this kind of incident that pulls a teams closer together but it will take PDC to clear the air with Clarke, sit down with the team and, if training sessions are deemed at fault, develop a plan that maintains/improves levels but doesn't leave us empty on match day.

Good stuff  Thumb
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:02:57 »

Good stuff  Thumb

What did you make of the game last night Reg? (forgetting about the histrionics at the end)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Muffin Man

« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:07:26 »

Clarke was clearly upset for missing the opportunity that would have put us 2-2.  Now you can call it petulance or childish but clearly his legs had gone and felt it was hard training regime that was to blame.  Pic's view was that it was an excessively hard game and this was the reason for his tiredness - this was the 'disagreement'. To be honest I think it was a combination of the two. It would have been interesting to have seen how we coped with another 30 minutes of extra time had he scored.

PDC comes out to console Clarke and puts his arm around him but he is clearly upset and doesn't want any of it.  PDC tries to get him back to the changing room and it all kicks off in the tunnel - I've only seen what was on Sky so won't speculate on events down there. Clarke ends up coming back out.  Lots of discussions with various individuals including JWrey. Clarke gets changed down by the Stratton Bank and goes home.

This isn't a racist, fascist or bigoted view, and I am sure their are many italian supporters out there who may contradict this but having managed and worked with Italians I got a taste of their culture.  Their passion is at a level far exceeds our general apathetic version of it.  Additionally they are not afraid of entering personal space - I was shocked when I went to shake the hand of one my direct reports who I hadn't seen for a while and got the biggest bear hug I'd ever experienced.  Clarke didn't like Di Canio putting his hand on the back of his neck, but this is was merely a congratulatory/supportive action from PDC that was rejected and this appeared to upset PDC.

Totally agree 100%
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:18:55 »

Good stuff  Thumb

Jeez, a thumbs up from Reg?!

Let's have a party!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:11:54 »

it will take PDC to clear the air with Clarke, sit down with the team and, if training sessions are deemed at fault, develop a plan that maintains/improves levels but doesn't leave us empty on match day.

I can't believe effective recovery from intensified training is our problem. I had rather hoped we would have the sort of doping programme in place by now that would leave the rest of Division Four trailing in our wake Wink
DMR

« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:30:21 »

Clarke was clearly upset for missing the opportunity that would have put us 2-2.  Now you can call it petulance or childish but clearly his legs had gone and felt it was hard training regime that was to blame.  Pic's view was that it was an excessively hard game and this was the reason for his tiredness - this was the 'disagreement'. To be honest I think it was a combination of the two. It would have been interesting to have seen how we coped with another 30 minutes of extra time had he scored.

PDC comes out to console Clarke and puts his arm around him but he is clearly upset and doesn't want any of it.  PDC tries to get him back to the changing room and it all kicks off in the tunnel - I've only seen what was on Sky so won't speculate on events down there. Clarke ends up coming back out.  Lots of discussions with various individuals including JWrey. Clarke gets changed down by the Stratton Bank and goes home.

This isn't a racist, fascist or bigoted view, and I am sure their are many italian supporters out there who may contradict this but having managed and worked with Italians I got a taste of their culture.  Their passion is at a level far exceeds our general apathetic version of it.  Additionally they are not afraid of entering personal space - I was shocked when I went to shake the hand of one my direct reports who I hadn't seen for a while and got the biggest bear hug I'd ever experienced.  Clarke didn't like Di Canio putting his hand on the back of his neck, but this is was merely a congratulatory/supportive action from PDC that was rejected and this appeared to upset PDC.

What a load of wet sterotypical nonsense. I suppose the Clarke booted it off in his tricked up motor pounding out some Tupac whilst PDC whipped up a couple of pizzas?

They're both a fucking disgrace, passion or no passion and should both be on the end of neutering from Wray & co. The pair of twats have made us look a laughing stock (again) and I have no sympathy for either.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:35:05 »

We chased shadows for the first half and did well to keep it to 2-0.

Second half we got back into it when saints got cocky and slacked off.

Great free kick and gave us some hpe but it wasn't to be.

Third came after we all pushed up.

Losing to saints doesn't bother me, obviously superior and we aren't ging to win this cup...so ho hum a nice draw would of been good and we did beat city.

I was more concerned about the amount of wanky passes going astray and giving the ball away cheap!

Also we need nine touches before we knw what to do with the ball....shite.

Anyway, rotherham is the ' biggin'.

Didn't see the spat....but...its nly news cos its de canio, if martin ling did it the national media wouldn't give a fuck.....let's hope its sorted as it makes us look like idiots.

Special mention to the swindon hoolie kids who banged a car of saints fans driving out of the merlin...mum dad and two kids inside....nice one...knobs!!

Clems Army!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:47:08 »

What a load of wet sterotypical nonsense. I suppose the Clarke booted it off in his tricked up motor pounding out some Tupac whilst PDC whipped up a couple of pizzas?

They're both a fucking disgrace, passion or no passion and should both be on the end of neutering from Wray & co. The pair of twats have made us look a laughing stock (again) and I have no sympathy for either.

Completely agree.  It's one of those situations where if the club is doing well, no one notices and its swept under the carpet.

When you've lost four games in a row it's 9/11 x 1000 and everyone has their two cents.  I couldn't give two shits if the team all hates each other as long as they perform.  We'll get there, we just need patience.
Dazzza

« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:48:17 »

Cracking post.

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:00:19 »

And there, in a nutshell, are a couple of paragraphs that summarisesthe stereotypical view of the Swindon supporter... Nice work Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:03:40 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 13:12:14 »

Well said

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: