Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42170 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 00:59:11 »

i have been a big supporter of pdc but you can't do that.Imagine if that was hart or wilson
Hart? Striker? What is this...  Hmmm
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 01:26:16 »

Ok, so I start a matchday thread and another poor performance ensues but with added punchup and mini riot ( if stories are to be believed)
I think the next 24hrs will be interesting to say the least!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 05:59:39 »

Connell is shit arriba...fucking dire in my opinion,he couldn't wait to get off

from the scales thread in relation to adje's opinion of Oliver Risser

How many times have you seen him...twice?

If you can judge a player after two matches i take my hat off to you,

Indeed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 06:48:01 »

I thought Southampton were there for the taking. Our biggest mistake was the defence sitting far too deep. They were continually fucking about with the ball outside their area and you could see they were going to make mistakes. If the defence had pushed their line further forward it would have closed down the midfield and put them under more pressure.

Not saying you are wrong, but I know from personal experience the problem with pushing the defence forward is you get done for pace in the gap behind. But as you say, drop too deep and it invites the other team on. Its a difficult one to get right when the other team is bigger/faster/better than you. Doesn't help that the midfield was gash and offered no protection to the back 4 in the first half either.

PDC - MCCormack and Ferry please.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:08:42 »

i have been a big supporter of pdc but you can't do that.Imagine if that was hart or wilson

i agree but i feel leon Clarke will come out of this with being released. If we get rid of PDC this soon STFC will look even more of a laughing stock

phelpsieboy

« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:10:24 »

Let's all go down to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over ...
Melksham Red

« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:16:07 »

FFS there's some over-reactions in this thread. Get a grip people. Seems to me Clarke acted like a billy big-bollocks, spoilt brat on the night. It'll blow over.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:18:45 »

FFS there's some over-reactions in this thread. Get a grip people. Seems to me Clarke acted like a billy big-bollocks, spoilt brat on the night. It'll blow over.

Really?? You think so? Hmmm
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:21:49 »

Let's all go down to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over ...

Most sensible post so far. Large V.A.T please Dave, put it on the slate
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:29:49 »

Rumour has it, di Canio decapitated Clarke on the centre circle then put his head on a spike, which is now in the changing room to act as a deterrent to the other players.

"Itsa my way, or da highway!"
fatbasher

« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:43:00 »

Clarke n Donatelli were bumping shoulder to shoulder across the pitch.

Correct, that and somethings going on is what I said to my mate as they were going off.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:50:43 »

Kennedy was gash.

At times Lee Holmes had the right hand side of the pitch to himself.

Calmed down now.
red socks

« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:53:41 »

Kennedy was gash.

At times Lee Holmes had the right hand side of the pitch to himself.

Calmed down now.

Agree about Kennedy - I thought he did not look like a fullback last night,  more attacking midfield/winger - he couldn't handle holmes, and kept hoofing it it and we lost possession

We have to stop playing the italian opera music - embarrassing, one thing if we were ten points clear at the top...
Depressing thing is that was largely the same saints side we completely outplayed at the CG two seasons ago...

And why is it some ginger haired moron chooses to buy tickets for the family enclosure then shout swear words out all night? Is that not defeating the object? My ten year old thought he was a right cunt
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:43:05 »

Looked to me like Kennedy underestimated Holmes and was giving him far to much room out wide, he seemed reluctant to push out and be closer to him so maybe that was his instructions, can't see why though. It may turn out to be a good bit of experience for him as not many 2nd div wingers will be as tricky.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:47:07 »

Don't worry, I laughed at the one that said Di Canio was being sacked and Joachim van Ribbentrop was being brought in to replace him.

Revell to Rotherham would be a fucking nightmare.

Think it's actually Ron Vibbentrop of Minehead Town...

Revell  Sad   couple of years back, not considered quite good enough for us....now we'd bite an agent's arm off for someone of his standard.

Let's hope the deal doesn't happen, because we know the likely outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: