Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1970294 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:33:55 »

I do like him, and Its not a case of wanting him out.

But I think he gaffed majorly on saturday, looked like the pressure got to him, and if he cant take it then he needs to consider his position. Considering we are L2 he has got some fine players to work with, if their best still isnt good enough, and makes him miserable and angry then he should resign.

He needs to be more constructive in his criticism. He's been allowed to sign loads of players and commit a lot of money to wages. Id say more than any other manager in the last 15 years. This is what youve got to work with Paolo, you need to show your worth now and manage them or fuck off.

Bollocks. I was talking about the performance against Oxford, not di Canio's man management skills, or tactical nous.

I still think the players are good enough and I still think that if PdC can merge his passion with a bit of logic he'll be successful.

But anyone that doesn't have even a little bit of concern after Shrewsbury isn't the full packet.

Well i am not the full packet then,maybe around Xmas time i will be a little concerned if we are not getting regular wins.
Love the bloke,his passion his honesty is refreshing,how any sane person can cane a manager who has no experience at all is beyond me,he has an almost brand new squad to mould together and lets be fair with maybe the exception of Ferry inherited no real quality in my view.
We havn't been hammered and lets be fair the Oxford result was a travesty.

Onwards and upwards begining tomorow v Southampton...........UP THE TOWN.
Muffin Man

« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:40:16 »

Hamann out....

Glad to see you are consistant no matter what team Reg Wink
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:13:24 »

I still think the players are good enough and I still think that if PdC can merge his passion with a bit of logic he'll be successful.

how any sane person can cane a manager who has no experience at all is beyond me

Who's caning him?

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:17:32 »

Who's caning him?

UM...half of the posters on TEF,if not caning then maybe the slipper at very least Grin
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 18:17:00 »

No I fully understand the point Danny, the thing is that I am saying would we have done any better with the managers that WERE linked with us before PdC got the job, personally I don't think we would have done any better, juding by the results they have so far achieved. The candidates were no better than PdC and the results they have got are showing that, IMO.

I think we need to stick with PdC and stop this managerial merry go round that we have had in recent seasons, stop the changing manager just because we have lost a few games and not have a knee jerk reaction to current results by simply removing the manager when I feel we are not far from having a winning side.

Lets face it we arent being thrashed by anyone ATM, they are all close games with 1 goal defeats usually caused by a single individuals error, which is expected at this level because players here will make an error otherwise they would be playing at a far higher level.
Fair enough MM, wasn't trying to wind anyone up at all.I've always thought appointing PDC was a mistake, would have most definately have gone for Peter Taylor as manager.Not keen on the give it till Christmas approach either, unless there are some signs in the next few weeks that we are at least steadying the ship PDC should go.If we leave it till Christmas we may well be where we were last season, having made a change too late for any one coming in to save us from going down.We weren't generally being thrashed last year either, the greater majority of the defeats were one goal losses. The signs just now are worrying to say the least.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 18:33:31 »

Fair enough MM, wasn't trying to wind anyone up at all.I've always thought appointing PDC was a mistake, would have most definately have gone for Peter Taylor as manager.

Haha, good one.

It's All Good..............
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 19:02:29 »

I'm hoping we'll stick with Di Canio, he's a rookie manager with a lot to learn - I hope he learns it here. As I thought we'd finish somewhere in the top ten, maybe get to the playoffs, our form is not really much of a surprise.

A few of my mates are saying that he should be sacked now - "to save our season" apparently. But they both thought that we'd win the first twenty games and be promoted by xmas, an opinion based on nothing. So I think the massive disappointment of our current predicament is skewing their viewpoints.

My fear is that PDC is an emotional character and may just explode and walk-out if we don't win soon....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 19:17:39 »

A few of my mates are saying that he should be sacked now - "to save our season" apparently. But they both thought that we'd win the first twenty games and be promoted by xmas, an opinion based on nothing. So I think the massive disappointment of our current predicament is skewing their viewpoints.

Far too early for any of that talk. If things are the same at Christmas then he'll be gone. The club won't make the same mistake as with Wilson last season.

Its still not obvious to me the squad is massively crap. I think the signs are encouraging at times, but we need to turn that into performances and results. PDC does worry me. He could yet turn out to be a genius, its the stories of him flipping out, the way some players have been treated that worries me. Could all be internet mischief making rather than hard fact*

What is clear is a couple of league wins and we'll all be happy again!

* though some respected posters lead me to think otherwise.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 19:25:41 »

I remember the tantrums he had when playing and you do worry if this sort of loose cannon behaviour is still in him.

Anyone remember when he sat in front of the West Ham dug out with his legs crossed and arms folded cos Harry wouldn't sub him ? I think he was pissed off with the ref's decisions going against him. Harry talks about it here.....

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:36:39 »

Here's the match that Redknapp is talking about there, good stuff:

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 22:06:24 »

Cracking goal from Moncur at 0:38
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 14:56:38 »

That Steve Lomas looks alright.  We should get him in.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, October 2, 2011, 19:47:46 »

Steve McLaren has resigned from Forest (no compensation sought). Not the biggest surprise in the world.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, October 2, 2011, 19:51:43 »

Steve McLaren has resigned from Forest (no compensation sought). Not the biggest surprise in the world.
The chairman has resigned as well.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, October 2, 2011, 20:06:26 »

I remember the tantrums he had when playing and you do worry if this sort of loose cannon behaviour is still in him.

Anyone remember when he sat in front of the West Ham dug out with his legs crossed and arms folded cos Harry wouldn't sub him ? I think he was pissed off with the ref's decisions going against him. Harry talks about it here.....

Funny thing is, after Paolo threw his little wobbly he ended up having a blinder and scoring the winning goal!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: