Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967433 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:01:14 »

I think there's a little mischief-making going on.  Understandable that conspiracy theorists are going to start up the 'rumours' at this stage, I suppose.  A run of 4 straight defeats in the League (especially this league) is not great - but all 4 defeats have been by a single goal margin.  If we followed this run up with several straight wins, I don't think that would be much of surprise either.

I think we're going to come good quite soon.  If we started threatening the club record 8 consecutive league defeats (from Aug-Oct 2005), PDC might want to start looking over his shoulder.  But it won't come to that.
Dozno9

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:03:39 »

Assuming it will happen, I can't wait for someone to get a good smacking and then roll onwards and upwards.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:12:33 »

I'm not saying it's true, but there are countless examples of top players failing as managers.

Many of them just can't accept that their players can't do the things that they themselves found easy and get frustrated by this.

If I'm being totally honest, the very things I liked about PdC are now beginning to worry me, the biggest one is his constant talk of heart and desire. Of course they're important, but you need tactical nous even more and some of his substitutions are, quite frankly, baffling.

His hard line over players is another worry. The manager has to be in control of his players for sure, but disagreements happen in all workplaces. If you disagreed with your boss and from then on he completely ignored you, or tried to transfer you to another department, what would you think of his man management skills?

It's still early days and he's on a steep learning curve. The concern is, will he accept it when he's wrong and learn from these mistakes?

I hope he will, but I'm beginning to get a bit concerned that his ego won't let him admit to any weaknesses in himself and that could prove his (And ours) downfall. 

you've changed your tune from a week ago.
woolster

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:25:26 »

i see bradford have appointed Phil Parkinson  Hmmm
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:26:12 »

i see bradford have appointed Phil Parkinson  Hmmm

Good manager. He'll sort them out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:28:23 »

I think there's a little mischief-making going on.  Understandable that conspiracy theorists are going to start up the 'rumours' at this stage, I suppose.  A run of 4 straight defeats in the League (especially this league) is not great - but all 4 defeats have been by a single goal margin.  If we followed this run up with several straight wins, I don't think that would be much of surprise either.

I think we're going to come good quite soon.  If we started threatening the club record 8 consecutive league defeats (from Aug-Oct 2005), PDC might want to start looking over his shoulder.  But it won't come to that.

To put some context on our current plight....John Trollope lost 5 in a row in Div 4....sacked.  Ken Beamish lost 4 in row in Div 4......producing lowest CG post war attendance for game 5....sacked within the month.  Bob Smith in Div 3 lost first 5....sacked.  Of he aforementioned 8 in a row, Kingy managed 5 of these and was sacked.

So di Canio is entering dangerous territory....conventional wisdom suggests that you need something in the bank to get you through such a run....di Canio has the win at Bristol, which is decent currency, but could be devalued by a dismal showing tomorrow.
Spencer_White

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:33:34 »

Honestly think he should walk and he will walk if we dont beat Rotherham saturday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:38:17 »

Honestly think he should walk and he will walk if we dont beat Rotherham saturday.

Interesting Spence, as your opinion is one that I value.  Hmmm
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:52:03 »

I dont think he'll quit yet
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:00:38 »

I'm not sure how relevant it is that we're only losing games by a single goal. They're still being lost and just like last season we haven't been able to win after going behind and Saturday showed we can't hold on after being in front. We lost numerous games last season by 1 goal as well
and saw games of two halves.  The parallels are uncanny and worrying.

PDC won't be sacked, as the compensation would be too much plus who would want to take on all these foreign players with no exeperience of lower league football.  I can't see him walking, as that would be seen as failure and he'd struggle to get another managerial job.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:08:17 »

you've changed your tune from a week ago.

Yes? What's your point? I've seen enough on the pitch to think that we've got players capable of getting results, that's not changed.

What has changed is my belief that di Canio is able to get the best out of them week in, week out. I'm also starting to think that maybe he lets his heart rule his head too much.

I'm not saying he won't be a success, but I'm starting to have doubts about him.

Opinions change arriba, only a stubborn fucking idiot refuses to adapt their thinking when situations demand it.

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:09:53 »

Interesting Spence, as your opinion is one that I value.  Hmmm

Inclined to agree with you Reg.

I'm not the sort of person who usually says "well, let's see what our situation is in XYZ" but if clubs goals are to be achieved then there's a lot of damage being done very early on.

Plus I miss Mex, pauld and fB Smiley
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:14:08 »

What worries me, if Paolo does walk, who the fuck will we end up with Huh?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:15:51 »

Arsene wenger
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:16:40 »

He won't walk nor will he get sacked at this stage.
Wray said promotion is the minimum this year, if by march time we are not near the top 7 maybe something will happen then, if not then the end of the season.

Jump to: