Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967175 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 21:59:04 »

Discuss.

I thought we were talking about fishing. There's no need to bring Olympic field events into things. Its still too soon after not getting tickets.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:03:42 »

I don't get this fishing thing....there's a potentially interesting debate to be had here, about football and local socio-economics. Maybe debate is a thing of the past. Discuss.

I don't disagree that there's an interesting debate to be had but by including Accrington was clearly an attempt to get people to bite.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:06:44 »

The 'who's a bigger club' debate has no end and often no right answers, which is why fans up and down the country spend so much time chatting about it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:14:57 »

The 'who's a bigger club' debate has no end and often no right answers, which is why fans up and down the country spend so much time chatting about it.

I was however pissed off that Bristol's local paper referred to us as minnows. Clearly they are big as Man fucking U themselves.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 22:24:02 »

I was however pissed off that Bristol's local paper referred to us as minnows. Clearly they are big as Man fucking U themselves.

Also shows they are a City paper, because if we are minnows what does that make Rovers? Even smaller, even shitter minnows.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 23:04:17 »

I don't disagree that there's an interesting debate to be had but by including Accrington was clearly an attempt to get people to bite.

Why....Accrington are above us in the league...and for a town a bit smaller than Stroud, are clearly doing better than us. They fit my argument that....size doesn't matter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 23:35:04 »

I thought we were talking about fishing. There's no need to bring Olympic field events into things. Its still too soon after not getting tickets.

I suppose talk of Grimsby and minnows is bound to lead to thoughts of fishing.....slightly topical to Salop, you'd have thought they'd have included fishing in the Much Wenlock Olympics
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 02:45:48 »

Few tweets about saying PDC is off already, being replaced by Dave Jones. Odd.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:51:00 »

Few tweets about saying PDC is off already, being replaced by Dave Jones. Odd.

Massive increase in rumours about 1: Di Canio resigning and 2: financial pressures at #stfc being a reason. These are emanating from Wilts

Tweeted by @swissyellow: A Swiss Oxford United fan that works in the Videogames industry. The views are mine, nearly everything is a joke..just in case I mention blowing something up.

I think somebody is having a social network laugh.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 29, 2011, 07:52:55 by Batch » Logged
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:01:02 »

Not that scummer... before that:

@DonMoggy83:
Just heard #DiCanio could be on his way out with #DaveJones coming in? Anyone else heard this #STFC
11 hours ago

I heard it today off two seperate people who work at the county ground. Not saying its def true tho.
11 hours ago
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:04:43 »

After 5 games ??

Doubt it.
Dozno9

« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:14:47 »

I "could" do a lot of things, all of it bullshit.

I'm gonna tweet some bollox somewhere and see if it ends up on here.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:25:47 »

I'm not saying it's true, but there are countless examples of top players failing as managers.

Many of them just can't accept that their players can't do the things that they themselves found easy and get frustrated by this.

If I'm being totally honest, the very things I liked about PdC are now beginning to worry me, the biggest one is his constant talk of heart and desire. Of course they're important, but you need tactical nous even more and some of his substitutions are, quite frankly, baffling.

His hard line over players is another worry. The manager has to be in control of his players for sure, but disagreements happen in all workplaces. If you disagreed with your boss and from then on he completely ignored you, or tried to transfer you to another department, what would you think of his man management skills?

It's still early days and he's on a steep learning curve. The concern is, will he accept it when he's wrong and learn from these mistakes?

I hope he will, but I'm beginning to get a bit concerned that his ego won't let him admit to any weaknesses in himself and that could prove his (And ours) downfall. 

It's All Good..............
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:26:02 »

It's inevitable with the start we've had that rumours will start.
The number of opposition fans (and some of our own maybe) that seem to be willing PDC to fail and in some cases assuming it inevitable that he would, makes it an obvious trail of false logic to say to conclude that he's now on his way out.
For example see the Shrewsbury fans chanting "You're getting sacked in the morning."  I can't believe they have some inside knowledge on this but its an opinion that was aired at the weekend!
Dozno9

« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 08:33:09 »

PdC was a massive risk but no more than others at the stage we were at when he was employed. Any manager we had would have had to start the squad all over again and I'd like to think "better" players have come because of him.

The only thing for me with him is that he is learning how to fit a team together as well as learning to manage people and the two apparently aren't fitting together very well at the moment. With an experienced head the management side should have at least been covered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: