Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967333 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 18:05:59 »

Peter Jackson has "resigned" as Bradford manager following their loss to D&R. 4 games in - the world had gone mad(er).

In other news, Mike Phelan must be fearing the worst after Fergie has ended his war with the BBC and will now allow them to interview him.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 26, 2021, 21:42:24 by Batch » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 26, 2011, 06:33:54 »

Keith Millen can't be feeling too secure!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 13:55:58 »

Keith Millen can't be feeling too secure!

Nor can the 'Wally with the brolly' MacClaren. Currently 4-1 down at home to West Ham.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 14:23:50 »

The position of Bradford City FC manager is a nightmare job.

A club crippled.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 16:04:01 »

The position of Bradford City FC manager is a nightmare job.

A club crippled.

Nevertheless above us in the league....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 18:04:44 »

Yep, we're going down with the Bradford. The end is nigh.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:31:03 »

Yep, we're going down with the Bradford. The end is nigh.

We are on a downward spiral....and presently there is no sign of where it might bottom out, it's worth noting that of the 4 sides to beat us this season, they've all recently spent time in the Conference, so I don't think there's any reason why we're too good to end up there, if we can't compete with these sides.

I'm sure Grimsby fans, who historically are a much bigger club than us, must scratch their heads, or more likely arses being norvern , and wonder what combination of poor board room decisions and managerial incompetence led them to their present status in the lower reaches of the Conference. 

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:37:45 »

Grimsby much bigger than us?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:49:03 »

Grimsby in the heady days were a division one team in the late 20,s and early thirties...they got to two semi finals of the cup in these heady days.....the 76000 at old Trafford was a record for many years.
Grimsby fans would argue they as big as us if not bigger,i would say they were bigger but not any more.
I would argue that we have won a major trophy and they havn't....but it is true to say they are similar to us in the fact they have a large catchment area,incidently Grimsby do not actually play in Grimsby and the ground is a few miles down the road in Cleethorpes.
The difference these days is obvious really,Swindon is a relatively booming Town/area with rapid growth in industry and housing where as Grimsby is an area in decline with the fishing industry only half the size it once was.
So Reg is right to a degree.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:54:22 »

Grimsby much bigger than us?

12 top flight seasons compared to our one with a best finish of 5th.  32 second tier seasons compared to our 16. Grimsby were in the second tier as recently as 2003, more recently than us, but then started on a downward spiral, which they've yet to turn around, like us.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 19:59:06 »

If we follow Grimsby down into the conference, I will shit onto my Swindon shirt in an Oxford shirt.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:00:12 »

Grimsby in the heady days were a division one team in the late 20,s and early thirties...they got to two semi finals of the cup in these heady days.....the 76000 at old Trafford was a record for many years.
Grimsby fans would argue they as big as us if not bigger,i would say they were bigger but not any more.
I would argue that we have won a major trophy and they havn't....but it is true to say they are similar to us in the fact they have a large catchment area,incidently Grimsby do not actually play in Grimsby and the ground is a few miles down the road in Cleethorpes.
The difference these days is obvious really,Swindon is a relatively booming Town/area with rapid growth in industry and housing where as Grimsby is an area in decline with the fishing industry only half the size it once was.
So Reg is right to a degree.

I'm not sure how much of a factor the local economy is on a football club....you could probably look at any number of norvern shit holes, which have been in economic decline for years, that are doing way better than us....Bolton/Blackburn/Accrington/Burnley spring to mind.

We had one of our best eras...early to late 60's when the Town's principal industry was in terminal decline.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:16:17 »

I'm not sure how much of a factor the local economy is on a football club....you could probably look at any number of norvern shit holes, which have been in economic decline for years, that are doing way better than us....Bolton/Blackburn/Accrington/Burnley spring to mind.

Stop fishing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:39:07 »

Stop fishing.

I don't get this fishing thing....there's a potentially interesting debate to be had here, about football and local socio-economics. Maybe debate is a thing of the past. Discuss.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 20:40:50 »

I am very happy to be a pike is Reg so wishes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: