Pages: 1 ... 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967371 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #7230 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:07:01 »

Apologies for having an opinion different to yours. I shalln't do it publicly again.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7231 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:16:06 »

Apologies for having an opinion different to yours. I shalln't do it publicly again.

That's certainly not the point, so don't twist it please. It's the fact you took my brief reference of stating he's a dick, above the rest of my post where there was considerable agreement. As I say, some people will always find a way to bash someone once they have a preconceived idea of them (that's not directly you per se).

There's no doubt we both agree he's a decent manager, what his character (within reason) is like matters not either way.

Why can't people just get along, even if there are minor things that they disagree about? Certainly there's bigger and more important things to disagree on?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7232 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:18:38 »

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7233 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:06:18 »

It'd be nice if I came upon a thread where bamboo didn't kick off because someone disagreed with him.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #7234 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:10:02 »

It'd be nice if I came upon a thread where bamboo didn't kick off because someone disagreed with him.

Most people are aware he chats a lot of shit so I wouldn’t worry. Sadly this forum is probably a big part of his life so I’ve just learnt to let it be.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7235 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:37:09 »

It’s the “The Clique” innit

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7236 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:46:38 »

Barton to be confirmed as Rovers manager this morning. He’ll keep them up
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7237 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:48:54 »

You'd think he would make them a bit more solid but he had decent money, wage wise, at his disposal at Fleetwood and I'm not sure Rovers have the same quality and I think their squad is better suited for a different style of football. I think they probably would have stayed up anyway!
Flashheart

« Reply #7238 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:01:16 »

I'd like him as a manager here.

But I hope he has a torrid time there.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7239 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 12:58:24 »

Win/win for Barton. Keeps them up and he's the saviour, relegation and it's 'what were Garner and Tisdale playing at!?'.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7240 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:23:07 »

I see his appointment has split the fanbase 50/50 because of his utter knobbishness off (and occassionally on) the pitch.

He is the managerial equivalent of Nile Ranger.

Would I want him as our manager? no, definately not, He makes PdC look like an angel in comparison.

Will he do a decent job there? I think he probably will even if Rovers are almost as broke as us so he won't be given anywhere near the level of funding he had at Fleetwood.

TBH even with a criminal record and time served I would probably take Peter Sutcliffe at the moment over Sheridan if he got us playing better and winning games regularly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #7241 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:26:45 »

Not sure about Peter Sutcliffe.

I'm not sure a dead person can do a better job than Sher...

Actually, I see your point.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7242 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:28:23 »

TBH even with a criminal record and time served I would probably take Peter Sutcliffe at the moment over Sheridan if he got us playing better and winning games regularly.

Some would argue that even in his current state Peter Sutcliffe could still do a better job.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7243 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:30:35 »

10 games or so ago Bradford sacked McCall and put their academy manager and another bod that was already at the club in charge and their form has taken off.

Just sayin’
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7244 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:37:15 »

Barton is a manager that you know will give you short term success, but you know will ultimately end in tears and most likely controversy.  Very much like PDC, gave us the kick we needed, brought performances back, but we all knew in our heart of hearts that when the inevitable break up time would come, it would come with a bang.

I would happily take the short term bump right now, but to get the Barton bump you have to be prepared for the Barton bang at some point down the line.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: