Pages: 1 ... 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1983968 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6360 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:46:17 »

Is TL:DR too long don’t read?
Yes...and I had to look it up myself the other day when some one used it... Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6361 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:48:04 »

look at the clubs that have denied us promotion through the playoffs. brighton, preston, brentford. All now established clubs and haven't looked back since they beat us. i am over brighton-just. as with the new stadium it feels like a new team-ish and their fans deserved it after the withdean. jealous of all of them.

To me it’s different. All those other clubs beat us to promotion. We were in the play offs, it was a lottery. Top 2 beat us. Apart from a brief spell under Wilson we were never top. We were never smashing sides left, right and centre.

That season under Di Canio was different. If things had played out as they were we’d have no doubt won L1. We weren’t so much beaten to promotion as we completely and utterly threw it away...it wasn’t a lottery, it wasn’t a gamble - it was ours. It was there for the taking and we gave it away
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6362 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:53:17 »

Yes...and I had to look it up myself the other day when some one used it... Wink

It was a bit of an educated guess when that dull wanker Valid Cunt posted it.

Cheers for clarifying OST.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6363 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:55:19 »

Is TL:DR too long don’t read?
*didn't
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6364 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:59:07 »

I like you Bamboo, your are clearly a nice chap, but blimey you waffle on dont you.  Cheesy

Indeed. They won't have enough room on my epitaph  Pint

Funny though because I'm great when it comes to any forms that say, "Max. 2000 characters" or whatever. I partly screw my nose up at it but I make sure I use the allowance! 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6365 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:03:29 »

*didn't

Merci

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6366 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:23:33 »

As observed above, the suggestion that Howe will end up at STFC is a little outlandish. The larger Bristol club seems to be a likely destination.  They have substantial backing and a decent ground  etc.  Div 1 football is likely to be more sustainable.

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #6367 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:27:01 »

I don't really understand what is wrong with a longer post on a forum. It's as if some of you can't read. You don't have to agree with what I write but when I do offer an opening opinion, I always write it purely from my viewpoint and don't talk about how many words someone has used.

I like to open discussion. It is a fucking forum not a gossip column.

JBZ, a lot of times your posts are incredinly sly (or trying to be). Picking on the slightest thing that is of no relevance. You've done it with PV to escalate a non issue. You know exactly what you're doing. Bit of a stirrer. Type who will say stuff to people who know others no doubt, just to see if it gets back to them. Now that is cunty. Assuming it but I bet I'm fuckng right.

I thought Valid Pint was your new squeeze anyway? Can't have two of you tracking my daily progress and post rate or word count. This one has 179 words (excluding quote).

Nah - I will leave you and Valid Pint to continue with your love hate relationship thing. 

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6368 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:41:07 »

As observed above, the suggestion that Howe will end up at STFC is a little outlandish. The larger Bristol club seems to be a likely destination.  They have substantial backing and a decent ground  etc.  Div 1 football is likely to be more sustainable.

at Swindon!? who said that?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6369 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:49:16 »

It was a bit of an educated guess when that dull wanker Valid Cunt posted it.

Cheers for clarifying OST.
Thanks for reading 😉
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6370 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:50:35 »

*didn't
Well spotted... again, thanks for reading 😊
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #6371 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 17:52:13 »

It appeared to be suggested above by Bamboo.

Nothing to see here
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6372 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 22:56:44 »

In fairness I start to read them and either continue to the end if I personally deem it interesting or just give up if I don’t.

If Howe was genuinely interested in a localish Championship promotion pushing team project - he’d be on his way to Ashton Gate now. They are much further ahead of us on that curve. Even if Howe sat a year out first.

I agree....get him to Ashton Gate with a 12 point deduction.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6373 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 23:21:58 »

I did but I wasn't talking the here and now. Was talking about a possible future appointment (dependent on Town's own progress). As usual though this will get twisted out of context and into some "nuts suggestion". Even though it was merely regarding some loose future speculation that Howe may fancy coming to Town if and I must reiterate, IF Wellens did well with us in the next season (or two), got poached with a decent compo package. That the timing could be such that he (Howe) could be a type of manager wanting to take on a project like STFC.

But as stated, not right at this moment in time. Which is the part that is getting left behind to make it appear as though I'm saying something like "Howe to Swindon by September". Nope.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #6374 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 05:30:40 »

If STFC were to get promoted to div 2, it appears unlikely (as things currently stand) that the club will have the funds to make a serious bid for a further promotion.  In reality, the club is likely to be in a similar position as, say, Wycombe. 

I am not sure whether that would be attractive to Howe given that he has already managed in div 1.  If the suggestion is that he will only consider opportunities in central southern England, there may be other, more attractive, clubs in that region.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: