Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967335 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6345 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 15:47:30 »

Surely too short a spell to truly judge though? I know football is a fickle game (fans/players/managers/owners etc). No doubt he will take some time out. Without including Burnley (and Portsmouth playing), he's had a good 27 years at the same club. 12 of them as manager.

It could be a case of he doesn't know anything else (not management wise just "homeboy" wise, bar the other short forays). Does this mean he can't settle anywhere else? Or maybe he is just uber loyal (a football rarity, and in life now). Potentially the next club he goes to, I would imagine that he would want to stay with them long term?

Now, if he does take a year out...and this is tedious (whenever isn't it) but let's say Wellens gets Town promoted and larger club comes knocking with compensation to boot. Despite what some think of him (I don't particularly like him (even though it is only based on TV interviews) but I do think he is a decent manager), would Howe be interested in a "Championship playing STFC" role as part of a new project? We'd certainly be attractive at that point but I do get that there are millions of variables/imponderables that could happen in the course of a year. As I'm sure many of us would be happy to be playing football but there is also no harm in thinking forward and potential aspirations. It is the way our club should be aspiring to become a sustained Championship (Div 2) club.

It will be interesting to see where he goes next but my initial thought did jump to Burnley based on Dyche wanting out. Timing and all that.

I will leave it to Valid Pint to provide substantive comment on this post ...

Nothing to see here
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6346 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 15:49:01 »

The strange bitterness towards Bournemouth and Howe is a TEF tradition.

I’ve always assumed it’s partly due to them signing Ritchie and just a general jealousy given since our paths last crossed in 2013, they’ve been regulars in the Premier League whereas we have just escaped Div 4 at the third attempt.

Fair fucking play to them, what a few years they have had regardless of how it has gone sour this season.
Is everyone forgetting the fact that they bribed the FA after committing financial irregularities,   surely that must have something to do with it.  Cheating scum should be starting the season on minus 12 points.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6347 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 15:49:40 »

Howe only went to Burnley so Bournemouth got the compensation.

First thing he did as Burnley manager was sign a couple of players from Bournemouth for decent money.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6348 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 15:50:15 »

Absolutely, pure jealousy

There is no logical reason to be pissed off with them for taking Ritchie, as documented time and time again the money saved the club. Roles reversed I’d expect us to do the same to another club and take advantage with a cut price bargain signing.

I find the hatred very odd but then again everyone hates some team for odd reasons

Didn’t we Nick Charlie Austin from under their nose Ps because they had a Transfer embargo when they were on the ropes financially?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6349 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:01:58 »

Yeah, something like that
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6350 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:04:47 »

I will leave it to Valid Pint to provide substantive comment on this post ...

I don't really understand what is wrong with a longer post on a forum. It's as if some of you can't read. You don't have to agree with what I write but when I do offer an opening opinion, I always write it purely from my viewpoint and don't talk about how many words someone has used.

I like to open discussion. It is a fucking forum not a gossip column.

JBZ, a lot of times your posts are incredinly sly (or trying to be). Picking on the slightest thing that is of no relevance. You've done it with PV to escalate a non issue. You know exactly what you're doing. Bit of a stirrer. Type who will say stuff to people who know others no doubt, just to see if it gets back to them. Now that is cunty. Assuming it but I bet I'm fuckng right.

I thought Valid Pint was your new squeeze anyway? Can't have two of you tracking my daily progress and post rate or word count. This one has 179 words (excluding quote).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6351 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:12:56 »

Didn’t we Nick Charlie Austin from under their nose Ps because they had a Transfer embargo when they were on the ropes financially?

Same kettle, different fish. Who is Nick Charlie Austin though?

Some may say we just signed the player that we should have done when Fitton first spotted him. I have no malice towards Sandbanks signing Ritchie at that time.

My issue there still lays with the whole, Black pulling out at possibly the most pivotal time of our precipice of greatness. That has been gone over tons of times but I'm pretty sure Black could have afforded to fund four more months (after we likely got auto to the Champ), and then cut n run. To do it "in-season" and at that point still gets me every time.

I'm pretty certain if Black was backing a horse in the 4.15 at Kempton and it was leading by a couple of lengths, with 4 to go...he would not be cashing out at that point. Even if he had lost a lot of money the during the rest of the day.

But it's done now. Can't change it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6352 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:14:58 »

Howe only went to Burnley so Bournemouth got the compensation.

First thing he did as Burnley manager was sign a couple of players from Bournemouth for decent money.

Yeah I do remember him signing a few Bournemouth lads when he went there. Would be interesting though if he did roll up there again (partial familiarity).

'Incessant Nonsense'

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6353 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:16:11 »

I don't really understand what is wrong with a longer post on a forum. It's as if some of you can't read. You don't have to agree with what I write but when I do offer an opening opinion, I always write it purely from my viewpoint and don't talk about how many words someone has used.

I like to open discussion. It is a fucking forum not a gossip column.

JBZ, a lot of times your posts are incredinly sly (or trying to be). Picking on the slightest thing that is of no relevance. You've done it with PV to escalate a non issue. You know exactly what you're doing. Bit of a stirrer. Type who will say stuff to people who know others no doubt, just to see if it gets back to them. Now that is cunty. Assuming it but I bet I'm fuckng right.

I thought Valid Pint was your new squeeze anyway? Can't have two of you tracking my daily progress and post rate or word count. This one has 179 words (excluding quote).
You can do whatever you like mate, it's fine by me. I would just make the observation though that more people would probably read your posts if you condensed them a bit and you would get more worthwhile interaction that way (as opposed to TL DR)...Which of course is what a forum is about.

It seems to be a bit of a shame that you go to a LOT of time and trouble to post stuff and no one (or at least very few people) read it. I don't know for certain that that is the case but I suspect it is.

Less is more - that's my advice FWIW  Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6354 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:24:32 »

In fairness I start to read them and either continue to the end if I personally deem it interesting or just give up if I don’t.

If Howe was genuinely interested in a localish Championship promotion pushing team project - he’d be on his way to Ashton Gate now. They are much further ahead of us on that curve. Even if Howe sat a year out first.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6355 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:27:27 »

No ill feeling towards Bournemouth at all.

Can’t help but feeling they took our chance, our spot.
They certainly took our promotion spot to the Championship all those years ago.

Jealous? Absolutely.

look at the clubs that have denied us promotion through the playoffs. brighton, preston, brentford. All now established clubs and haven't looked back since they beat us. i am over brighton-just. as with the new stadium it feels like a new team-ish and their fans deserved it after the withdean. jealous of all of them.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6356 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:35:23 »

You can do whatever you like mate, it's fine by me.

Less is more - that's my advice FWIW  Wink

Thanks. It's not so much whether I write short or long and I'm not fussed if people read it of not. I type fairly fast, so what seems short to me is usually long to most. Maybe I type as if I was talking? (I hear the drones already). I'm aware of that though, it just pisses me off when people make reference to how long or how often I might (or might not) post. Because I never try and dictate how many words anyone on here uses.

I will write as long or short as I wish. It's the comments about the length (oo-er) which I will always naturally defend, that then have others saying "there goes Bamboo hijacking the thread" but really it's the fact others have highlighted a part that isn't relevant.

Anyway, mangerial migrations... Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6357 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:42:47 »

In fairness I start to read them and either continue to the end if I personally deem it interesting or just give up if I don’t.

If Howe was genuinely interested in a localish Championship promotion pushing team project - he’d be on his way to Ashton Gate now. They are much further ahead of us on that curve. Even if Howe sat a year out first.

And that's absolutely fine but please do use more words in your replies haha Wink

Maybe, but if he is taking a break who is to say that he wouldn't want to do "it all again" (like he did with Bournemouth) and take on an STFC project. If had risen up (the big actuator) to the Championship, despite wherever Brizzle are on their curve, we would be in the same division and no one could disregard that. But I do understand that we are miles from them in terms of infrastructure but divisionally, just one league. Brizzle can't escape that fact; nor Bournemouth.

Anyway, it's nostradamus stuff but always fun to make longer term speculations.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6358 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:45:10 »

I like you Bamboo, your are clearly a nice chap, but blimey you waffle on dont you.  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6359 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 16:45:23 »

Is TL:DR too long don’t read?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: