Pages: 1 ... 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967255 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6120 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:23:41 »

Lee Johnson sacked by Bristol City

Has he got a son who could take over?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6121 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:28:35 »

Presumably Wellens will be in the frame for this?

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6122 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:31:25 »

Doubt it, they’ll want someone who has been promoted to or managed in the Prem.

Im going for Chris Hughton
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6123 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:32:19 »

Doubt it, they’ll want someone who has been promoted to or managed in the Prem.

Im going for Chris Hughton
I have a feeling they will approach Cook at Wigan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6124 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:33:25 »

I'll go with Chris Hughton or trendy German 2. Bundesliga manager.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #6125 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:37:19 »

Tony Pulis

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6126 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:43:05 »

This post sums up the Slavetraders for me.

Most non City fans are thick as shit. We are a big club now and underachieving.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6127 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:46:16 »

Best manager in the world 2 season ago.

The problem with City they think they're bigger than they actually are

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #6128 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 19:01:46 »

That is the case with many clubs in the football league.

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6129 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 06:40:33 »

I must admit, they are a big underachieving club. They have a big stadium that can attract large crows. They also have an owner who has pumped in a fortune over the years. There must be something behind the scenes. They seem to have everything that they need to become a Premier league team, but they never seem to achieve anything. Something must be run badly behind the scenes to make it thus.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6130 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 07:53:38 »

I must admit, they are a big underachieving club. They have a big stadium that can attract large crows. They also have an owner who has pumped in a fortune over the years. There must be something behind the scenes. They seem to have everything that they need to become a Premier league team, but they never seem to achieve anything. Something must be run badly behind the scenes to make it thus.

I agree that they have a nice stadium and great training facilities and are under achieving. I was compairing the list of managers we've attracted over the years with a City fan and they reckon location often stops big names from showing interest as many wouldn't travel daily from the Home Counties/Surrey as it would be an extra two hours on their journey.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6131 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 08:42:55 »

Let’s hope they go for an out of work manager. If they go for Cook, I could see Wellens being approached by Wigan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6132 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:08:48 »

I agree that they have a nice stadium and great training facilities and are under achieving. I was compairing the list of managers we've attracted over the years with a City fan and they reckon location often stops big names from showing interest as many wouldn't travel daily from the Home Counties/Surrey as it would be an extra two hours on their journey.

It's worth noting that Bristol is the third wealthiest city in England, in terms of multi millionaires, the sort of stuff which interests top end gaffers and footballers. London of course is way out there followed by Manchester with 1060, and then Bristol with 340..... Brum for example has 310, Liverpool nowhere.

It's interesting, that although Bristol is often seen as having developed its wealth on the back of the slave trade, it's numbers are nothing compared to Liverpool.

In football terms Bristol's main problem is that in order to reach the levels that their city wealth status indicate, would require fantastic sums of money spending on it.... not just the 100 odd mill that Lansdown has put in. Those levels are currently occupied
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6133 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:16:50 »

Let’s hope they go for an out of work manager. If they go for Cook, I could see Wellens being approached by Wigan.
Personally, I would be shocked if Wellens had any interest in going to Bolton or Wigan.

His stock is on the up right now and he knows he is in a pretty good situation as evidenced by signing a 3 year contract extension a while back. He clearly has a great relationship with Power and Jewel which has enabled him to build a squad which, if they keep it together and make just a a couple of additions should really be competing for at least a play off place in L1 next season.

Look beyond the nice stadiums and no doubt impressive training facilities and both clubs are a complete cluster fuck.

Wellens is no mug. If, for argument's sake we have a really good season in L1 and this time next year Preston and Sheffield Wednesday (pulling a couple of names out of the air) were looking for a new manager then I might be concerned, but not now.  
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6134 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 09:23:58 »

Personally, I would be shocked if Wellens had any interest in going to Bolton or Wigan.

His stock is on the up right now and he knows he is in a pretty good situation as evidenced by signing a 3 year contract extension a while back. He clearly has a great relationship with Power and Jewel which has enabled him to build a squad which, if they keep it together and make just a a couple of additions should really be competing for at least a play off place in L1 next season.

Look beyond the nice stadiums and no doubt impressive training facilities and both clubs are a complete cluster fuck.

Wellens is no mug. If, for argument's sake we have a really good season in L1 and this time next year Preston and Sheffield Wednesday (pulling a couple of names out of the air) were looking for a new manager then I might be concerned, but not now.  
[/quote

The problem we could have is that Wellens family home is around Manchester and how long he will put up with travelling and living in a small apartment in old town versus being at home every day if he was manager of a Northern club

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: